[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Success/ Failure

whomper

Which trades put you over the top or sunk you ? This includes trades you should have done in retrospect but didnt pull the trigger

When Vick was hurt and maybe 1 week away from coming back a guy in our local offered me Vick for Randy Moss. I not only said no I gave an indignant no. Moss got traded and fell off the planet and Vick became fantasy Gold.

Any good trade stories ?

Edited by whomper

I traded Beanie Wells and Peirre Garxon for Cedric Benson. I was happy overall with that trade cause Wells wasn't playing yet and Garcon had decent numbers.... The next week Garcon gets hurt and Wells never really showed up this season... I felt I got good value and a RB that I could actually start.

I did a TERRIBLE job trading this year.

Same league in this order

I traded Bradshaw for B Marshall (week 2)

I acquired BJAX for almost my entire cap

I traded Foster for Roddy White (week 3)

I traded Maclin for M Lynch when he got traded

A few that were out of my control

Gore - IR

Gates - Hurt

Pierre - Missed most of the season

Dez Bryant - IR

I actually had a great draft and did terrible moves afterwards... a season to forget. I traded away Foster (thinking he peaked) and Bradshaw (thinking he will wear down) because I had Gore + Pierre Thomas and BJAX as a backup.

I made a lot of trades in a contract dynasty league this year. I was trying to help playoff teams get better for the stretch while helping my team for the future.

I accomplished my end, but the deals the other teams got have been marred by the players getting injured.

Then again, I had this happen to me in a league where I traded away Greg Jenngins for Steve Smith NYG who had a longer contract, and then lost Smith for the year, so nobody's immune to the potential injury bug.

I traded Hillis for Nicks straight up week 5. At first it was all good with Nicks going off for 33 points against Houston, but since then it's been all Hillis. I made the trade thinking ahead to the Playoffs where Nicks has an easier schedule than HIllis, but now that the playoffs are here I would start Hillis over Nicks in a heartbeat. We'll see if this makes or breaks my season when I meet the guy i traded with in the final.

Looking to shake up our rosters, I trade DWilliams and Mark Clayton for Ray Rice and Mike WIlliams (TB) right after DWilliams had his only TD and before Clayton got injured. I like the way this trade has panned out, just wish Rice would have become an every week starter instead of choosing between him and Wallace!

In my dynasty, I traded Brady and a second-rounder for Hightower and Steve Smith (NYG). I had Kolb (he's gold!) and wanted to get something for Brady, who was in the last year of his contract. I played QB roulette all season, barely ever started Hightower and missed the playoffs by a hair. Would've cruised through the season with Brady.

Took a crap draft and turned into a playoff team, but lost last week. Key trades:

Traded DWill, Cutler and Donald Brown after week 2 for AJ and Felix Jones

Traded Randy Moss for Matt Schaub right before Moss' last game with Minny (to replace my injured Romo)

Traded Schaub and Pierre Thomas after week 9 to a 6-3 team who wanted Pierre Thomas for a playoff run. He traded me Kyle Orton and Fred Jackson. Fred Jackson went nuts for three weeks right after that.

I've never had to work as hard to build a winner in my life. Marcedes Lewis and Jacob Tamme on the WW helped a lot too.

ETA - Trade I regret not making - I was offered MJD for Forte and Santana Moss. I rejected because MJD looked horrible to that point in the season (I think week 7 or so).

Edited by MTSuper7

Too early to tell since it's a Dynasty League but I made some trades trying to shake the team around:

I gave up Smith, Steve NYG for

Amendola, Danny STL and Davis, Dexter SEA

Gave up Rolle, Antrel NYG and a 2011 5th for

Clemons, Chris MIA and a 2011 3rd

Gave up Benson, Cedric CIN for

Williams, DeAngelo CAR and Wilson, Chris WAS

I traded a 5th and an 8th in next year's draft for Desean Jackson, Law Firm and a 10th round pick back in week 5. At that point Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe had yet to break out, I had lost Ryan Grant for the year, but replaced him with Hillis as by RB1, but I had serious concerns with Benson as my RB2.

I finished #2 in points (after starting out at or near the bottom after the first 4 weeks.) and have thus far made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Obviously, the real impact of this trade won't be ascertainable until after next year's draft, but I already intend on keeping Jackson, so that's a 2 round plus.

Made 3 trades this year and 2 of them have sucked. Hardly anyone trades in my leagues, so I like to try to shake things up a bit.

In one, a 10-team Dynasty, I traded C Benson for M Clayton (needed a WR badly) and he got hurt/IR in the 1st game I had him (FAIL).

In a 14-team, 1-player keeper, I traded LT2 for Randy Moss when he went to the Titans thinking he would ROCK during the soft schedule (FAIL). Also, in the same week, I traded BJGE and S Moss for K Moreno (EVEN). Even though the trades weren't all that positive, my teams are better now than they were prior to the trades, so...

Too early to tell since it's a Dynasty League but I made some trades trying to shake the team around:

I gave up Smith, Steve NYG for

Amendola, Danny STL and Davis, Dexter SEA

Gave up Rolle, Antrel NYG and a 2011 5th for

Clemons, Chris MIA and a 2011 3rd

Gave up Benson, Cedric CIN for

Williams, DeAngelo CAR and Wilson, Chris WAS

Getting DWill and Wilson for Benson in a dynasty league is robbery. Benson is a bum.

Passed up a chance to receive Peyton Hillis after week two for (gulp) Santana Moss. Owner wanted to sell high (or so he thought) and I of course was far too brilliant to fall for such a sucker trade: of course Hillis would come back down to Earth and post ho-hum RB numbers like Jamal Lewis had been putting up in Cleveland the past two years. Of course Hillis would be little more than a weak Flex option, and not even worthy of a poor RB2. Of course a guy like Jerome Harrison would emerge as the dominant back, with Hillis doing some third down and goal line work and a lot of blocking.

Of course I am an utter idiot, at least in retrospect.

14 team dynasty.

During our 2010 draft, May 1st. Traded my 2011 1st round pick for 2 early second round picks. The bad: Devin Aromashodu. The Good: Mike Williams (TB).

Traded Westbrook when he was a free agent for a 2011 second round pick. I own Gore and the other owner needed any RB that might play some downs. Both a good and a bad move there.

Traded Stevie Johnson for a 2011 second round pick. Not good.

Traded the two 2011 second round picks mentioned above, along with the Law Firm, for a 2011 1st round pick. Team with BJGE eliminated me this week. So bad that Law Firm helped knock me out of the play-offs, but also bad that it made the pick get worse in draft order.

Traded my original 2011 second round pick for Brandon Jacobs (I own Bradshaw). Had I started both Bradshaw and Jacobs last week, I would have beaten the Law Firm owner and made the draft pick better.

Best trade I ever made was last offseason I traded Beanie Wells for Roddy White in a dynasty league.

In another dynasty league I traded Ryan Grant & Steve Breaston for Thomas Jones & Dallas Clark. Not sure how that one will work out until next season.

I've made a few really bad trades too, I've just blocked them from my memory.

I was @ .500 & made two trades between weeks 8 & 9. I traded away Maclin for Torain (the juries still out on this one). In the other, I traded away A. Rodgers, B. Marshall & B. Jackson for J. Flacco & S. Jackson (this one helped me sneak into the playoffs).