[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

EAGLES GAME CHANGED

peoplehater

But the real question is: what do MFL and other scoring sites about it? Will they hold up official scoring until this game is over? Can they easily change their software to do so? Maybe we should throw out all stats from this game for the week? :wacko:

Since this is week 16, they should be able to hold up final stats until after that game.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday makes sense. If the weather is SO bad that they're shutting down the city that's not something that gets fixed inside a day. Imagine if they rescheduled for Monday and had to cancel again. Dual MNF games has nothing to do with it. The city's closed today, and cleans itself up tomorrow, assuming the storm is finished.

You guys with the pussification of the league stuff are FUNNY. The mayor is telling people to stay indoors after 2pm today. The roads to the stadium are closed which means the teams might not be able to make it to the stadium. Cripes people, there are things more important, like public safety, than a f ing football game.

On second thought, let's get tens of thousands of people stuck at a stadium. That's a great idea. :wacko:

This

Not this

I guess the teams and fans used spaceships all those years to get back and forth to the fields when we grew up watching snow games and the magic snow fairies removed the snow from the field

I guess the teams and fans used spaceships all those years to get back and forth to the fields when we grew up watching snow games and the magic snow fairies removed the snow from the field

Look at the pic posted by Chavez in the other thread.

You can wail all you want but would you be saying the same thing if there was a tragedy because of playing the game? Not only that, it's not all about you and your armchair or even the NFL, it's about every Joe Blow who'd have to risk themselves to get the game played and resources not being devoted to a game while real-life emergencies go ignored.

That comment ain't like you, Whomp. You know better than to try to make an argument that just because dumb decisions were made in the past based on inferior weather forecasting (no sophisticated radar, for example), that those same mistakes should be made today?

All I know is, now I'll be stuck until Tuesday knowing the outcome of my game, most likely, wondering how much Vick will put up. I suppose if the Vick owner is already leading after Monday (which was agonizing enough, me having Brees on Monday) I will be out of my misery.

When the city begins shutting down roads does the NFL overthrow the government and take charge?

Grow up.

When the city begins shutting down roads does the NFL overthrow the government and take charge?

Grow up.

How many games in the history of the NFL have been cancelled due to snow ?

No idea. But that's not what happening.

How many NFL games have been played in cities that declare snow emergenices whic would prevent teams from making it to the stadium?

If Swammi could post yesterday about the possibility of bad weather today I am surprised in this day and age we couldnt get players to the stadium earlier in anticipation of this apparent epic snowstorm that is apparently an unprecedented amount of snow . I just dont recall many games in NFL history that have been cancelled due to snow and I assume there have been bigger storms than this :wacko:

If Swammi could post yesterday about the possibility of bad weather today I am surprised in this day and age we couldnt get players to the stadium earlier in anticipation of this apparent epic snowstorm that is apparently an unprecedented amount of snow . I just dont recall many games in NFL history that have been cancelled due to snow and I assume there have been bigger storms than this :wacko:

Why should the city allow an activity that could create tens of thousand of individual emergencies while they're trying to dig out the city and keep it operational? The fact that you're looking past this is baffling - Ok, you're just fishing.

Why should the city allow an activity that could create tens of thousand of individual emergencies while they're trying to dig out the city and keep it operational? The fact that you're looking past this is baffling - Ok, you're just fishing.

He's focused on the game without really thinking hard about the infrastructure surrounding it, IMO. It takes thousands of people to play a game, not just two teams.

Why should the city allow an activity that could create tens of thousand of individual emergencies while they're trying to dig out the city and keep it operational?

So Mccoy doesnt score as much against me

WADR, you are wasting your time. If they don't "get it" yet, they never will. To some, football takes precedence over another person's potential well-being.

Some of the "rationale", or lack thereof, is simply stunning and unbelievable to me. These same people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope...

WADR, you are wasting your time. If they don't "get it" yet, they never will. To some, football takes precedence over another person's potential well-being.

Some of the "rationale", or lack thereof, is simply stunning and unbelievable to me. These same people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope...

Look at guys like redrum, with absolutely no personal life whatsoever that need a Sunday Night football game to make their life worth living.

Look on the bright side...you could be like him, and have your own family think your a total idiot.

He's focused on the game without really thinking hard about the infrastructure surrounding it, IMO. It takes thousands of people to play a game, not just two teams.

How many games in the history of the NFL have been cancelled due to snow ?

I don't think people are calling this a joke because football takes precedence. I think people are saying that there have been situations in the past probably as bad and games were not moved.

I assume people are just cracking at the pussification of people in general.

Probably a good idea to postpone but wonder if they would be doing this 20 years ago???

I don't think people are calling this a joke because football takes precedence. I think people are saying that there have been situations in the past probably as bad and games were not moved.

I assume people are just cracking at the pussification of people in general.

Probably a good idea to postpone but wonder if they would be doing this 20 years ago???

Understandable point. However, just because "that's the way it's been" doesn't mean (IMHO) that the old way is right. Too many examples of this in our country's history, let alone sports. Hockey goalies didn't wear masks at one point, baseball had to outlaw "uppers" (or whatever they are called), golf used to use wood clubs... I do agree with the "ification" of society in general. (Oh, it's little Timmy's turn to bat, b/c everybody gets a turn here. Give me a break.) I just don't understand how people can rationally expect a blizzard to not merit consideration for delaying the contest.

There's a lot of things they did 20 years ago that aren't done now. That's called live and learn.

Things like better snow removal equipment, more reliable vehicles, probably more city workers to be used to clear snow, maybe better mass transit. Lots of things to cancel today but not 20 years ago.

Just busting your balls.

There's a lot of things they did 20 years ago that aren't done now. That's called live and learn.

I thought it was called The p>>sification of America :wacko:

I, for one, still commish my local league with stats from USA today. It makes me feel more like a man than all those p>>sys that use MFL.

Edited by bushwacked

I thought it was called The p>>sification of America :wacko:

If you want to use an outhouse, drive a buggy on gravel roads and bash your clothes on river rocks to clean them, knock yourself out. These are all wonderful character building things, no doubt. I'll go with progress.