[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

EAGLES GAME CHANGED

peoplehater

If you want to use an outhouse, drive a buggy on gravel roads and bash your clothes on river rocks to clean them, knock yourself out. These are all wonderful character building things, no doubt. I'll go with progress.

How is it progress, back then they seemed to have equipment to get a field and a city ready, now they can't.

That's progress I can do without.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not, most likely die to the fact that they didn't have multiple, sophisticated computer models and radar that could accurately predict blizzard conditions to make travel crrippling.

in 1990 we couldnt predict the weather ?

You aren't really saying the sophisticated computer systems and multiple models used today aren't significantly better than what was used 20 years ago, are you?

Did someone get you a can of bait for Christmas, because this has to be a fishing trip.

Yea the models these days are much much better - I mean how else could anyone have predicted anywhere from 4 to 20 inches and be dead on.

The only other models close enough to be that accurate are the ones that cable companies use to schedule appointments.

The city of Philadelphia had more to do with the postponement of this game than the NFL did. I don't see why that's hard to understand (except in redrum's case). :wacko:

And $$$$$$$$$$$$ is the reason it was rescheduled for Tuesday and not Monday...sucks to give the Eagles a short-short week going into week 17

Probably not, most likely die to the fact that they didn't have multiple, sophisticated computer models and radar that could accurately predict blizzard conditions to make travel crrippling.

And $$$$$$$$$$$$ is the reason it was rescheduled for Tuesday and not Monday...sucks to give the Eagles a short-short week going into week 17

Plus don't forget if Vick does'nt have a perfect field to play on he may not put up hugh statistics and stay in the hunt for MVP.

Play the freakin' game already, it's football. :wacko:

wow, conditions are not that bad as I'm watching Football Night In America. I have to agree that canceling a game based on weather that had not arrived yet it is kind of dumb. In the landscaping business, I kind tell ya, the weathermen don't know anything. Predicting snow amounts . . . they can be WAY off. If there was a foot of snow in the stadium, I think it makes sense to postpone, but that's just not the case.

Edited by CaptainHook

You aren't really saying the sophisticated computer systems and multiple models used today aren't significantly better than what was used 20 years ago, are you?

Did someone get you a can of bait for Christmas, because this has to be a fishing trip.

Is the equipment better in 2010 than it was in 1990 ? Of course. Were we able to accurately predict the weather back in 1990 and yet not move football games ? Of course. Im sorry. I am not fishing. I am a purist and I think moving a football game due to snow is weak. Of course I dont want any accidents and people to die so this football game is played. I just dont know what is so different about this particular storm that is causing the game to be moved. Would this game be moved if it were in Lambeau or Soldier field ?

You have a vested interest in this game so you are tugging on the heart strings and playing the 1000s of people will die if this game is played angle and we have advanced dopplers that we didnt have in 1990 . The bottom line is the game of football is changing and it makes me sad. You cant hit anymore, we move games because it snows, more and more games cant be viewed unless you pay for them. Networks are forcing coaches to take time outs. It all just sucks to me. I took a lot of heat in the Choice/Vick autograph thread too. Its fine. I just like my football old school. You pointed out the picture in the other thread that Chavez posted as proof to me that the game shouldnt be played. I looked at the field and loved it and would love to see a game played in that weather.

wow, conditions are not that bad as I'm watching Football Night In America. I have to agree that canceling a game based on weather that had not arrived yet it is kind of dumb. In the landscaping business, I kind tell ya, the weathermen don't know anything. Predicting snow amounts . . . they can be WAY off. If there was a foot of snow in the stadium, I think it makes sense to postpone, but that's just not the case.

My father lives in South Jersey about 30 mins from the stadium...he says that he has around 10+ inches already and that his road hasn't even been plowed...i am sure that they (PennDot & NJDOT) are doing all they can just to keep the major arteries clear and they probably are failing at that miserably too.

Is the equipment better in 2010 than it was in 1990 ? Of course. Were we able to accurately predict the weather back in 1990 and yet not move football games ? Of course. Im sorry. I am not fishing. I am a purist and I think moving a football game due to snow is weak. Of course I dont want any accidents and people to die so this football game is played. I just dont know what is so different about this particular storm that is causing the game to be moved. Would this game be moved if it were in Lambeau or Soldier field ?

You have a vested interest in this game so you are tugging on the heart strings and playing the 1000s of people will die if this game is played angle and we have advanced dopplers that we didnt have in 1990 . The bottom line is the game of football is changing and it makes me sad. You cant hit anymore, we move games because it snows, more and more games cant be viewed unless you pay for them. Networks are forcing coaches to take time outs. It all just sucks to me. I took a lot of heat in the Choice/Vick autograph thread too. Its fine. I just like my football old school. You pointed out the picture in the other thread that Chavez posted as proof to me that the game shouldnt be played. I looked at the field and loved it and would love to see a game played in that weather.

I gotta go with Whomp. Football is about being tough, smash mouth, play hard or stay home. Is the city of Philadelphia shut down right now? Is it? I don't know... But I bet the 24/7 gas stations are open and you know there's lots of poor bastages that are out there working despite the weather. I'll always remember that playoff game in Cincinnati when the Chargers and the Bungles played in wind chill that was waaaaaay below zero, cold enough to hang beef in. And Packer fans would fill their stadium to sit on those cold assed aluminum bleachers in this weather. So, yeah, the pussification of America has definitely reached in to the NFL. One day I'll tell my great grandkids about the days when the NFL actually allowed players to touch each other.

Plus now I have to spend Sunday night watching the WE channel with the bride. :wacko:

I just like my football old school. You pointed out the picture in the other thread that Chavez posted as proof to me that the game shouldnt be played. I looked at the field and loved it and would love to see a game played in that weather.

+1...except I didn't even see Chavez's photos, so you are confusing me with someone else :wacko:

If this game had started at 1:00 as scheduled, it would have been awesome. Snow Bowl, deteriorating conditions, everything you and I love about football. And everyone attending the game given a relatively safe opportunity to get home, in daylight, before the brunt of the storm hit.

But they had to make a call at 1:00PM for a game that wasn't starting until 8:20, with up to 20 inches of snow in the forecast, with the bulk of it falling between 4:00 and midnight. I don't know how it could have been decided otherwise. The NFl has done this before, moving a couple of Dolphins games due to forecasted hurricanes, and other NFL games in in history. Its pretty rare when an NFL game kicks off in the dead of a blizzard...while its been snowing during many games in Green Bay and/or Chicago, not many have been played in true blizzards, which is what was potentially forecast for Philly. Cold? Sure. Wind? Yep. Snow? Of course. But I'd love to see someone post something, anything, about precedent of making people try to drive home in 20 inches of unplowed snow for a city that averages just 19 inches the entire winter! People think we're prepared for snow...no ones prepared for 20 inches of blowing snow in 8+ hours.

And FWIW, the Eagles are the one's who pay the most for this decision. They may now have to face Favre and Peterson instead of Moe and Curly, given the extra two days of rest. And then just 4 days to prepare and heal for a game the following Sunday which could decide whether they earn a bye. As a fan of the team, the decision to make this game two days later sucks. If they didn't want to go up against Monday Night Football, why not kick it off at 5:00PM tomorrow? But it was made with the fans and players safety in mind, so everything else takes a backseat.

But I'd love to see someone post something, anything, about precedent of making people try to drive home in 20 inches of unplowed snow for a city that averages just 19 inches the entire winter! People think we're prepared for snow...no ones prepared for 20 inches of blowing snow in 8+ hours.

I drove right through Philly on the way to A.C during the President's Day blizzard back in whatever year it was... '03 '04? Left in the morning and thought we'd beat the storm. Started flurrying when we hit the northeast extension. Big crash a few miles in front of us; by the time they got traffic moving there was probly a foot on the ground and the 4 hour drive turned into 8.

The point is, it's Pa./Jersey. It's not Atlanta or D.C. People around here know how to handle winter weather.

The point is, it's Pa./Jersey. It's not Atlanta or D.C. People around here know how to handle winter weather.

Then you remember the last time we got 20+ inches of snow, sections of I-95, I-76, and all three major bridges were closed for several hours during the brunt of the storm (the bridges for wind advisories)?

redrum, grow up, or take ur little ball and go home. Living in Mich, I love the snow, snowmobile all the time. Would I want to see a game like they'd have in G.B. ? Sure, why not. Would I want to fight the roads and all the other morons and have a 3 hr drive instead of 1? Nope. I'm sure my 4 wh drive Suburban would get me there just fine, not sure I'd justify 6hrs on the road for 3 hrs of game. Doing 80 in the snow on my Polaris is a far diff rush than driving a vehicle in diaper dirtty conditions. Call me anyhting you want. Just bring your weak little ass out here and learn whats it's like to be playing in the snow all day, let alone working in it all day compared to driving in it all day.

redrum, grow up, or take ur little ball and go home. Living in Mich, I love the snow, snowmobile all the time. Would I want to see a game like they'd have in G.B. ? Sure, why not. Would I want to fight the roads and all the other morons and have a 3 hr drive instead of 1? Nope. I'm sure my 4 wh drive Suburban would get me there just fine, not sure I'd justify 6hrs on the road for 3 hrs of game. Doing 80 in the snow on my Polaris is a far diff rush than driving a vehicle in diaper dirtty conditions. Call me anyhting you want. Just bring your weak little ass out here and learn whats it's like to be playing in the snow all day, let alone working in it all day compared to driving in it all day.

:wacko:

All the Jacksonville dandy's were complaining the temperature today at game time was 38 degrees. On a Jags message board they even called the weather hostile. :tup: It's no wonder he thinks it's not a big deal.

Edited by CaptainHook