[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

EAGLES GAME CHANGED

peoplehater

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the pic posted by Chavez in the other thread.

+1...except I didn't even see Chavez's photos, so you are confusing me with someone else :wacko:

My bad. I confused you with Ursa's post. The top pic is what I was referring to. Its all good. Looks like we will agree to disagree on this one.

Question to the Philly folks. What was it like last night? was it as bad as predicted?

I'm northwest of the city, about 30-45 mins out, and we hardly got anything. But, people south and east got slammed. 18" in Cape May, NJ.

Edited by The Next Generation

Question to the Philly folks. What was it like last night? was it as bad as predicted?

It was pretty bad. I live like 15 miles from the Link and got almost a foot here. The wind was bad and the snow itself was like ice pellets. It was nice of the NFL to think of the fans, but bad weather is part of what makes this game great. I would have found a way to get down there.

I am right on the North East Philly border. It was a real thin strip of a storm.. Kind of strange.

We only ended up with about 5 inches here in Collegeville. My wife is an ER nurse at Chestnut Hill hospital, and I dug the car out at 4:30 so she could make it to work by 7:00. She called when she got there, and most of Germantown Pike was unplowed. She said they had close to a foot at the hospital, which coincides with the snow bands that were shown on the news last night.

I was out at about 11:00 last night clearing the car of ice, and it was brutal. Like you said, ice pellets, high 50 mph winds, heavy snow. Would have been a rough drive home for anyone willing to brave the storm.

Could they have played the game? Absolutely, and they likely would have had it not been flexed to a night game. But it was very rough right when they said it would be: from about 9:00PM to 1:00AM. With most plows not doing their thing until the snow ended, it would have been about 60,000 people trying to navigate unplowed, shin-deep roads. Definitely would have been some issues....and some great memories, too.

We only ended up with about 5 inches here in Collegeville. My wife is an ER nurse at Chestnut Hill hospital, and I dug the car out at 4:30 so she could make it to work by 7:00. She called when she got there, and most of Germantown Pike was unplowed. She said they had close to a foot at the hospital, which coincides with the snow bands that were shown on the news last night.

I was out at about 11:00 last night clearing the car of ice, and it was brutal. Like you said, ice pellets, high 50 mph winds, heavy snow. Would have been a rough drive home for anyone willing to brave the storm.

This post is useless without pics

I live about a mile outside of West Philly. I would say that I got nearly a foot by game time. New Jersey and South and East Philly were hit harder. The wind was a b!+@h though.

I work in Collegeville...that big pharmaceutical company that spells it's name like the goofy Pfaucets.

Edited by The Next Generation

I work in Collegeville...that big pharmaceutical company that spells it's name like the goofy Pfaucets.

Next door neighbor is a VIP there...and had another good buddy that worked for them in NY, then abruptly left to become a VP with Wyeth. Needless to say, he as not offered a job by his old employer :wacko:

Wait....I thought McNasty was a guy :wacko:

I cant believe the NFL aka "Puss" league has decided to postpone a game like this. Last time I checked this is the dream game for all of us fans at home watching a great game being played in the snow, smashmouth football "old-school" style. All I can say is I am beyond stunned. Hey Goddell pull your head out of your "Puss". The "Gap" is strong with the NFL this year!

I cant believe the NFL aka "Puss" league has decided to postpone a game like this. Last time I checked this is the dream game for all of us fans at home watching a great game being played in the snow, smashmouth football "old-school" style. All I can say is I am beyond stunned. Hey Goddell pull your head out of your "Puss". The "Gap" is strong with the NFL this year!

Hmmmmmmmm and you expect everyone else to man up and fight the blizzard while the *puss's * sit at home? Topic is really old now.