[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BURIED in Snow!

Rovers

I can't even take a guess as to how many inches or even feet we've gotten here. The wind is steady around 30MPH with gusts over 50, so even the weather reports can't get a handle on how much we have in accumulation. No point in digging out until the wind dies down and the drifting stops. That won't happen until late this afternoon or early evening.

The dog won't even go out. I can look forward to a pile or two of chit and a puddle of pee to clean up eventually sometime today. :wacko: I may have to shanghai the mutt and drag her out there in this crap. Oh, happy day!

So.... anyone else stuck in this stinkin blizzard? At least I haven't lost power or TV, net service etc. Could be worse... much worse. Got beer, got food, home made chicken soup. Once it gets light out, I may go outside and take some pics.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. We're snowed in here.

But, I got crazy lucky in my work schedule. Off yesterday, today and tomorrow. So, it's going to be 3 days of Rock Band, football watching, Netflix and listing crap on Ebay. Oh, and shoveling the driveway which will almost certainly result in my back getting thrown out.

We got about 20". I had to shovel a spot in my yard for the dogs to go out in. I just shoveled my property . Now me and my brother are driving down to my parents to shovel them out

20" at my house. Dug out and was at work around 9 AM :tup:

Just another reason to hate Pats fans. :wacko:

18 inches here, luckilly a neighbor's son came over and took care of the worst of it, the last 10 feet from the driveway to the street, where the wonderful plow drivers pile it up 6 feet high. This kid just finished a 15 month tour in Iraq, got home last Thursday. Side note, he was a real idiot before he joined the Army. He is a grown man now, not an idiot kid. Glad he got home safely.

The mutt was funny as heck to watch. She's getting up there in age, but had a blast running around in the snow to my surprise, like a puppy all over again. I didn't have to shovel a spot for here like Whomp, she ran around in circles till she packed it down enough to take a squat! My dog is better than your's Whomp! :tup:

Now I await the plow drivers to block the driveway again. I just love those guys.

Just another reason to hate Pats fans. :tup:

18 inches here, luckilly a neighbor's son came over and took care of the worst of it, the last 10 feet from the driveway to the street, where the wonderful plow drivers pile it up 6 feet high. This kid just finished a 15 month tour in Iraq, got home last Thursday. Side note, he was a real idiot before he joined the Army. He is a grown man now, not an idiot kid. Glad he got home safely.

The mutt was funny as heck to watch. She's getting up there in age, but had a blast running around in the snow to my surprise, like a puppy all over again. I didn't have to shovel a spot for here like Whomp, she ran around in circles till she packed it down enough to take a squat! My dog is better than your's Whomp! :tup:

Now I await the plow drivers to block the driveway again. I just love those guys.

ain't that the truth...I remember that hugh storm philly had back in the late 90s(i think) where we got like almost 30" and it never failed, just finish shoveling and the plow would come thru....every stinking time :wacko:

Nick I'm just a bit north of you and this storm was a real disappointment for us. We maybe, maybe got 8" of snow. Pfft. Just enough to have to pay the plow guy to do the driveway. Our Florida cousins are up to visit and they were all excited for the big blizzard.

Nick I'm just a bit north of you and this storm was a real disappointment for us. We maybe, maybe got 8" of snow. Pfft. Just enough to have to pay the plow guy to do the driveway. Our Florida cousins are up to visit and they were all excited for the big blizzard.

On the weather last night they were showing a color scheme map of the storm. There was an angry red spot showing the heaviest snow...and I live somewhere in the middle of that dot :wacko:

Had 11 inches at my house. My wife was gone for 2 days taking care of an elderly lady and got stranded for a 3rd day. She got home about 4 hours ago. I was left without a computer for a Super Bowl and 3rd place money game. Good thing I had a huddles phone number.

:wacko: Thanks Keg

P.S. If anyone cares I will be losing the Super Bowl but will win the 3rd place money game. :tup::tup:

We got about 20". I had to shovel a spot in my yard for the dogs to go out in. I just shoveled my property . Now me and my brother are driving down to my parents to shovel them out

My Dad refuses to acknowledge that his snow blower is done. He told me he paid 150 bucks to get it fixed recently. We get there and this thing is shot. Now me and my bro have to shovel his whole place old school. Not a problem but his shovels are old small rusty cement shovels. This was some old school back breaking shoveling today my friends

My Dad refuses to acknowledge that his snow blower is done. He told me he paid 150 bucks to get it fixed recently. We get there and this thing is shot. Now me and my bro have to shovel his whole place old school. Not a problem but his shovels are old small rusty cement shovels. This was some old school back breaking shoveling today my friends

Sounds like a New Years present is in store for Mom and Dad