[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy heartbreak

dmonkey

Well, I guess I'll start it out. I had maclin going tonight in our championship game. It was me against my best friend (the only other person I know in this league. With about 4:30 left in the game maclin dropped a pass across the middle that would have won the game for me. Instead I end up losing by 0.47. It was a well fought season, looking forward to some revenge next year.

the old

If I hadn't lost last week and made it to the championship, I woulda beaten either team in the championship game this week

+1 for me in Fusion....last week I had my lowest score of the year and this week I had the leagues high score...oh and I was 12-1 in the reg season and the #1 seed....but Fatman won the Championship and imo, he had a better team than I did so it isn't all that hard to take

Edited by keggerz

Well, I guess I'll start it out. I had maclin going tonight in our championship game. It was me against my best friend (the only other person I know in this league. With about 4:30 left in the game maclin dropped a pass across the middle that would have won the game for me. Instead I end up losing by 0.47. It was a well fought season, looking forward to some revenge next year.

At least...

-you were in it till the very end

-got to root for one of your boys in an crazy, exciting finish

What can ya do but laugh at how absurdly close it was, and how completely outta your hands the results are. Hang your hat on a good season. Now we can focus on other stuff for the next 9 months...

I had Maclin going and lost by 2.3 w/ppr. I thought that he would get a couple catches that last drive.

At least...

-you were in it till the very end

-got to root for one of your boys in an crazy, exciting finish

What can ya do but laugh at how absurdly close it was, and how completely outta your hands the results are. Hang your hat on a good season. Now we can focus on other stuff for the next 9 months...

True dat. There are lots of things that ill probably dwell on for a day or two

- what if Eli hadn't thrown that 4th int

- what if I had started britt instead of maclin, like I had 5 min before kick off

- what if I had started torain instead of r Jennings, like I had 5 min before again

- what if I would have played the packers d to handcuff eli's turnover disease

There are to many to name, but like I said before, I'll get over it. I will have to listen to my boy brag for a bit. He did beat me twice this season, so it is deserved. Now I am just hoping that there will be a season next year cause I had a blast playing FF for the first time. Hope everyone has a good offseason.

I was down 22 with Vick tonight and he finished with 22 so we tied 120-120. The tiebreaker goes to bench points and I lost.

First place paid $3600 and second place $900. I feel like I just punched in the stomach. :wacko:

wow that's a tough one. that's a lot of dough for fantasy football.

Now I am just hoping that there will be a season next year cause I had a blast playing FF for the first time. Hope everyone has a good offseason.

Samesies. This was my first season and I knew next to nothing about FF. I've been watching football my whole life, but in September I couldn't even tell you what PPR stood for. Ended up third, despite inheriting a horrible auto draft (Mathews, Greene, Moreno, a kicker and a defense in early rounds) and injuries.

If McCoy catches that last pass I win.

If you slo-mo that play...the ball hits the turf with 2 seconds left on the clock and slowly rolls down the field. Why they didn't blow the whistle with at least a second or two left is baffling. Should have been one more play.

If you slo-mo that play...the ball hits the turf with 2 seconds left on the clock and slowly rolls down the field. Why they didn't blow the whistle with at least a second or two left is baffling. Should have been one more play.

I noticed that, too. Even without slo-mo it was obvious there should have been at least :01 left.

At least that's a pretty great story. A 2010 FF season coming down to the last play of the last game on the last week. Of course, would have been nice if he caught it, but you'll get so many laughs out of it later, it'll be worth it.

Edited by CurlyDumps

it will pass (eventually). I have been done in by the Westbrook kneel, and this year the Chris Johnson score vs. JAX with 1 second left, for NO reason, beat me. I also lost a game by .02 point. I will always be able to look back and laugh at those times, more so than I'll remember the victories.

First place paid $3600 and second place $900. I feel like I just punched in the stomach

ugh...nevermind!

I had Maclin going and lost by 2.3 w/ppr. I thought that he would get a couple catches that last drive.

I needed 16 more yards from him to win. I, too, thought he'd get a catch or two on that last drive... :wacko:

Agreed. Probably wouldnt have helped my cause, but it was one last chance...

Lost two championships by 2 points and some change... both had a couplea Eagles playing last night, which made things fun.

Here's the first...

http://www5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/live_...HISES=0007_0011

One team had DJack, was frustrating to see him targeted so often and not come up with anything, but in that league I went into last nights game down 70+ points, so it was very exciting.

http://www17.myfantasyleague.com/2010/live...HISES=0005_0008

Steve's team that beat me here(Tassie Shetlands), had an incredible season. He won his division at 6-7, then ran the table in the postseason, including beating the best team in the league(12-1 record) and defeating the highest scoring team in the title game(me).

Edited by byron2112

Total points leader in the league.

Week 12 I was down by 22 points with 4 players to go (Rivers, Gore, VJackson, and Fitz). All they had to do was get 6 points each (60 yards or a TD). Nothing drastic and pretty simple. It's the week that Gore and VJ got hurt and Rivers didn't throw a TD. Dumbfounds me that my guys couldn't do it..

The loss dropped me from the #1 seed to squeak in as the #6 seed. Was the 2nd highest scoring team in the wildcard round... playing the highest scorer of course. Semis - I was the highest scoring team. Finals = could have won depending upon who I would have played.

The team that I couldn't get 21 points against made the play-offs. He won without a QB in the semis (against the #1 seed) and won the title (against the #2 seed). His story is one of triumph and overcoming the odds, mine is of disappointment and shame. Sigh.

In a local td only league we have a rule where you cannot pickup a player after the monday nite game on week 14, which is a dumb rule anyway.

One of the guys in our league had a rodgers with no qb so he picked up josh freeman.

He picked up josh freeman on his iphone and it did not go through for 6 hours .

He was playing the commish that week and all of a sudden on sunday nite he manually takes freeman out of the guys lineup and advances to the finals. Freeman only had 1 td and it was enough to win.

If he could not use freeman why would the commish wait 5 days after he did it to tell him ? I posted saying that he is screwing the owner.

He then says , well if people are gonna accuse me of cheating, ill just cancel the league.

Suppovely every league has an option to cancel the league for any reason they want and refund the league.

If you were a commish would you of wanted to play a friend without a qb? Or would you of waited till you were down 5 points to tell the guy, then manually take him out and try not to tell him?

I won total points in that league and advanced to the final fair and square and i know he is doing this because i would get on him on the board

about out 2 inactive managers and people getting free wins because of injured or bye week players in lineups.

In a local td only league we have a rule where you cannot pickup a player after the monday nite game on week 14, which is a dumb rule anyway.

One of the guys in our league had a rodgers with no qb so he picked up josh freeman.

He picked up josh freeman on his iphone and it did not go through for 6 hours .

He was playing the commish that week and all of a sudden on sunday nite he manually takes freeman out of the guys lineup and advances to the finals. Freeman only had 1 td and it was enough to win.

If he could not use freeman why would the commish wait 5 days after he did it to tell him ? I posted saying that he is screwing the owner.

He then says , well if people are gonna accuse me of cheating, ill just cancel the league.

Suppovely every league has an option to cancel the league for any reason they want and refund the league.

If you were a commish would you of wanted to play a friend without a qb? Or would you of waited till you were down 5 points to tell the guy, then manually take him out and try not to tell him?

I won total points in that league and advanced to the final fair and square and i know he is doing this because i would get on him on the board

about out 2 inactive managers and people getting free wins because of injured or bye week players in lineups.

It's not a free win if it's in the rules. It may be a crappy rule, but the rules can't be changed in the playoffs regardless of who is playing or what the circumstances are. Remember, it's not about common sense or your idea of right or wrong. It's about what is stipulated in the rules. If it was a late call, then too bad.

Edited by electricrelish