[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you subscribe to the Huddle's Pay Content?

keggerz

This is first year I haven't. I may pay next year, but have lost interest in football so who nows.

EDIT

I would be more interested if IDP was more important. It seems a neglected child around here especially in the message board.

Edited by Randall

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The IDP comment was a joke as keggerz is one of the main IDP authors for the site. There are not multiple types of memberships (other than the aute renew type stuff).

As for leagues, post in the find a league forum and you could probably get a BOTH (Born Of The Huddle) league formed pretty quick, though response is a bit better closer to the start of next season. No need for it to be a IDP Dynasty league, any type is fine. Once you get owners lined up, request a forum to be setup for the league in the league forums section and then use whatever league hosting site you prefer (I won;lt go into the pros/cons in this thread, but there are countless threads on this).

Much better experience than the free public leagues at places like Yahoo or ESPN where half the owners dont show up for the draft and then the bulk just don't manage their team.

and posted by a leaguemate that wanted to rib me

This is first year I haven't. I may pay next year, but have lost interest in football so who nows.

EDIT

I would be more interested if IDP was more important. It seems a neglected child around here especially in the message board.

If you didn't pay this year then you should check out the IDP links...the IDP Game Breakdowns that I do is at a minimum 6000-7000k words with additional chart info...probably could be broken into at least 2-3 different weekly articles

I subscribed to The Huddle for several seasons and really enjoyed the content, however when I moved to playing exclusively IDP dynasty leagues, The Huddle's material wasn't really able to compete with what a competitive site was offering on a pre-season/weekly basis.

I really love the work that Keg and Darin put into the IDP section and what I used to read I felt was very insightful, there are very few columns as thorough and in-depth as the one Keg writes - and if you haven't looked through one of them, you absolutely need to. But the fact of the matter is IDP and Dynasty only make up a very small fraction of fantasy football leagues, and it's a fraction that The Huddle has made a decision not to cater towards. And that's a decision I totally understand and respect from a business standpoint.

I, like many, was originally brought to The Huddle through msaint's book, and am immensely grateful for the wonderful friends and competitors I've made over the years, and the community that I've been able to be a part of.

I love the website and fantasy football institution that David & Co have built, but when you're on a short budget and have to choose between two sites - I have to choose the one that makes an effort to provide more IDP and dynasty related content for my own league preferences.

You have to pay for the Huddle??? :wacko:

Skipped last year...the only one I missed over the last decade, I believe. Worst decision I ever made....really missed the weekly reads, forecasts, and predictions. I make my own decisions, but its awfully nice to be able to blame someone else when one of those decisions is wrong.

I subscribed to The Huddle for several seasons and really enjoyed the content, however when I moved to playing exclusively IDP dynasty leagues, The Huddle's material wasn't really able to compete with what a competitive site was offering on a pre-season/weekly basis.

I really love the work that Keg and Darin put into the IDP section and what I used to read I felt was very insightful, there are very few columns as thorough and in-depth as the one Keg writes - and if you haven't looked through one of them, you absolutely need to. But the fact of the matter is IDP and Dynasty only make up a very small fraction of fantasy football leagues, and it's a fraction that The Huddle has made a decision not to cater towards. And that's a decision I totally understand and respect from a business standpoint.

I, like many, was originally brought to The Huddle through msaint's book, and am immensely grateful for the wonderful friends and competitors I've made over the years, and the community that I've been able to be a part of.

I love the website and fantasy football institution that David & Co have built, but when you're on a short budget and have to choose between two sites - I have to choose the one that makes an effort to provide more IDP and dynasty related content for my own league preferences.

appreciate the kind words, thanks!

I'll honestly be the first person on here to say I don't subscribe to this or any other site. I do like the forums on here and love the post from almost all the people here. I find these forums full of information and people willing to joke around and poke fun at each other.

If I ever breakdown and subscribe to a site I'll definatly look here first. However current butget issues are making me cut back on FF all together...

The IDP comment was a joke as keggerz is one of the main IDP authors for the site. There are not multiple types of memberships (other than the aute renew type stuff).

As for leagues, post in the find a league forum and you could probably get a BOTH (Born Of The Huddle) league formed pretty quick, though response is a bit better closer to the start of next season. No need for it to be a IDP Dynasty league, any type is fine. Once you get owners lined up, request a forum to be setup for the league in the league forums section and then use whatever league hosting site you prefer (I won;lt go into the pros/cons in this thread, but there are countless threads on this).

Much better experience than the free public leagues at places like Yahoo or ESPN where half the owners dont show up for the draft and then the bulk just don't manage their team.

Yeah i had no plans of joining a free league, just wanted to see what was available in money leagues.

Me and my friends have always had a hockey/baseball fantasy league for like 50-100 buyin. One of them convinced me to join a fanball one this year and I didn't really read over the rules but it is the most riduculous league and just overall a diaper dirtty site. So was just wondering about joining good run money leagues over the internet.

I will look into a BOTH league closer to next season, if there is a next season! (fingers crossed)

Yeah i had no plans of joining a free league, just wanted to see what was available in money leagues.

Me and my friends have always had a hockey/baseball fantasy league for like 50-100 buyin. One of them convinced me to join a fanball one this year and I didn't really read over the rules but it is the most riduculous league and just overall a diaper dirtty site. So was just wondering about joining good run money leagues over the internet.

I will look into a BOTH league closer to next season, if there is a next season! (fingers crossed)

if you start your own BOTH league you can charge whatever you want and set up your own rules too

Yes I do :tup:

And...

We have considered a SUPER PLATINUM level where I predict things like Seattle beating the Saints and I personally bring pizza and beer to your house on Friday nights and then select your lineups for you but so far that has been priced out of everyone's budget.

:wacko: Although I might consider it if it's pizza from Rosati's (Spicy Wings included!) or Durkin's :lol:

IAlso if I was looking to join leagues over the internet, what are some good sites? I know the huddle has a fourm with leagues thave, just not sure if I am ready for the crazy dynstay IDP leagues.

if you start your own BOTH league you can charge whatever you want and set up your own rules too

:wacko: Stop trying to convince him to start another BOTH league. Times are tough, and keeping these leagues afloat is more difficult than ever... the last thing we need is more leagues, when they're becoming harder to fill than ever before. Plus, unless I read his question incorrectly, he's looking to join a league, not form one. :tup:

Kevin, If you're looking for a league (or two) to join, check out this forum. Granted, a lot of the leagues with openings are dynasty and/or IDP leagues, but not all of them. For example, Weapons of DMD will have at least a couple of openings next year. It's a 16-team non-IDP redraft league... very competitive and challenging. Let me know if you are interested in a spot, by either posting in the league forum or sending me a PM. :lol:

I've been paying since 1999 or 2000 ? :wacko: Long before I joined the forums.

Anyway, I've only won 2 Superbowls. I figure Dorey owes me about 200 bucks for all the years I did'nt win :rofl:

Dorey was taking bribes back then? :tup:

:lol: I believe the pay started in 2001, thus the reason the earliest "Joined:" date is 2001.

Big John??

Yeppers. Since whenever. I even read it occasionally. :rofl:

I'm here for the pics. Like reading Playboy...no one reads the typed crap.

As for Keg's original question, I believe I paid for this site's content the same day I joined the forums (or right around there)... August of 2003. If anything, I may have paid for the content BEFORE joining the forums (not sure). I've paid ever since, and don't plan on changing that. In 2003 (when I first found this site), I believe I was in three leagues (all local... none strictly online), and had won a total of two championships in about 12 seasons of fantasy football. I found (and joined) a 4th league (my first taste of keepers and IDP) while cruising these forums, and promptly won that league in 2004. After that, I had a bit of a dry spell... Never sniffed a championship in 2005, 2006, or 2007. In the last three seasons (2008-10), I've won a total of eight championships, half of which were BOTH leagues.

What's my point? Well, a couple of things, actually. Number one, I think the information that this site provides, both in its pay content as well as the local knowledge of the members, is absolutely invaluable. Personally, some of my favorites are the Weekly Projections/Predictions (although I pay more attention to the yardage than the guessing game of who will score TD's), the customized rankings/cheat sheets (based on your leagues' scoring systems), and the Huddle in-season and post-season contests. In addition to that, I do think the IDP content has improved drastically, over the past couple of seasons, mainly thanks to Keggerz himself. His weekly breakdown of IDP matchups is about as good as you're going to find, in my opinion, in terms of in-depth articles. I joined the Huddle having never played in an IDP or keeper/dynasty league. This year, I participated in five dynasty leagues (all IDP), and another three keeper leagues (one of which is IDP as well). They're not for everybody, but for those who do enjoy IDP, they are addicting. :wacko:

My second point has less to do with the Huddle, and more to do with fantasy sports in general. I went three years without playing in a championship, despite being in 7-10 leagues at the time. The last three years (in roughly the same number of leagues... OK, maybe a couple more than that), I won eight times. If you surround yourself with good information/resources, and put in a fair amount of time (keep in mind that I just mean pay attention to what's going on... you don't have to be obsessed with it), it's only a matter of time before you have success. Sure, luck plays an enormous role in this hobby. But, things do even out, over time. Might as well give yourself the best opportunity of winning sooner rather than later, and sign up for the premiere information now.

As for Keg's original question, I believe I paid for this site's content the same day I joined the forums (or right around there)... August of 2003. If anything, I may have paid for the content BEFORE joining the forums (not sure). I've paid ever since, and don't plan on changing that. In 2003 (when I first found this site), I believe I was in three leagues (all local... none strictly online), and had won a total of two championships in about 12 seasons of fantasy football. I found (and joined) a 4th league (my first taste of keepers and IDP) while cruising these forums, and promptly won that league in 2004. After that, I had a bit of a dry spell... Never sniffed a championship in 2005, 2006, or 2007. In the last three seasons (2008-10), I've won a total of eight championships, half of which were BOTH leagues.

What's my point? Well, a couple of things, actually. Number one, I think the information that this site provides, both in its pay content as well as the local knowledge of the members, is absolutely invaluable. Personally, some of my favorites are the Weekly Projections/Predictions (although I pay more attention to the yardage than the guessing game of who will score TD's), the customized rankings/cheat sheets (based on your leagues' scoring systems), and the Huddle in-season and post-season contests. In addition to that, I do think the IDP content has improved drastically, over the past couple of seasons, mainly thanks to Keggerz himself. His weekly breakdown of IDP matchups is about as good as you're going to find, in my opinion, in terms of in-depth articles. I joined the Huddle having never played in an IDP or keeper/dynasty league. This year, I participated in five dynasty leagues (all IDP), and another three keeper leagues (one of which is IDP as well). They're not for everybody, but for those who do enjoy IDP, they are addicting. :lol:

My second point has less to do with the Huddle, and more to do with fantasy sports in general. I went three years without playing in a championship, despite being in 7-10 leagues at the time. The last three years (in roughly the same number of leagues... OK, maybe a couple more than that), I won eight times. If you surround yourself with good information/resources, and put in a fair amount of time (keep in mind that I just mean pay attention to what's going on... you don't have to be obsessed with it), it's only a matter of time before you have success. Sure, luck plays an enormous role in this hobby. But, things do even out, over time. Might as well give yourself the best opportunity of winning sooner rather than later, and sign up for the premiere information now.

now that is a testimonial

...and I must say that I really do appreciate your kind words about my article and the IDP content.

seriously, thanks :wacko:

and it should be noted that Gopher was not paid for his testimonial :tup:

Edited by keggerz

:wacko: Stop trying to convince him to start another BOTH league. Times are tough, and keeping these leagues afloat is more difficult than ever... the last thing we need is more leagues, when they're becoming harder to fill than ever before. Plus, unless I read his question incorrectly, he's looking to join a league, not form one. :tup:

Kevin, If you're looking for a league (or two) to join, check out this forum. Granted, a lot of the leagues with openings are dynasty and/or IDP leagues, but not all of them. For example, Weapons of DMD will have at least a couple of openings next year. It's a 16-team non-IDP redraft league... very competitive and challenging. Let me know if you are interested in a spot, by either posting in the league forum or sending me a PM. :lol:

Haha yeah I wasn't looking to create a league, but rather join one. Read all of the information regarding rules/payouts for the DMD league, and it looks like something I would like to join! I will of course shoot you a personal message once I decide on how many leagues/buyin I want to participate in next year.

Two years here, both paying. Results are in my sig line.

NEVER finished in the money before last year. Not once. Something about that saying "if you look around the poker table and can't pick out the sucker..."

One of the things I've noticed is the way I have learned to (try to) look ahead a couple of weeks, and not just for bye weeks. I wish the "cut list" would be weekly instead of bi-weekly.

I look at the The Huddle as a big catch-22 for me - I'd love to share the site with friends, but then I wouldn't have my competitive advantage. Kind of like finding a really good restaurant you like going to b/c the food is freakin' awesome, great service... and then everybody finds out about it, and it just ain't quite the same after that. I'd love for the guys running this get their pockets lined, but at the same time, I like it as "my own little secret". I've been driving people crazy by picking up a player roughly a day or two ahead of when somebody else tries to do so.

Something else which I think makes the site are the forums. Homers are HUGH here, and a very good resource as well. Most everybody here is knowledgeable and pretty decent/civil for the most part (when you get down to brass tacks).

If there's a decline in membership, I would have to believe it's due to things like the economy and disposable income. But then again, that's just my :wacko: