[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets at Pats

Rovers

Jets vs Pats Pik-em  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Pats (H) -9 or Jets (A)+9

• Pats
    • Jets
  2. 2. Pats vs Jets Straight

• Pats
    • Jets

Well.... I never was cocky about my spelling. Thing is, it isn't a spelling problem... it's hand eye coordination. See, I have to walkk on my knuckles because I am cripple. It makes it hard to type. And yes, I had to fix two typos even in this short post. :wacko:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... I never was cocky about my spelling. Thing is, it isn't a spelling problem... it's hand eye coordination. See, I have to walkk on my knuckles because I am cripple. It makes it hard to type. And yes, I had to fix two typos even in this short post. :tup:

:wacko:

Congrats to the Jets, and to Rovers. He was right, I was wrong.

The better team won tonight. No excuses. The Jets had a better game plan, they executed it better, and the Patriots deserved to lose.

I thought the Jets would try to take away Welker and Branch with Revis and Cromartie, and they did. But I thought the TE's and Woodhead out of the back field would be a mis match in the Patriots favor. It either was not, or it wasn't part of the Pats game plan to try. I thought Sanchez would turn the ball over, and he did not. He played great. Better than Brady played. I thought the Patriots O-Line could handle whatever Ryan could come up with on D. They didn't. Shaun Ellis had a HUGH game, and made Matt Light look like a turn style, something generally reserved for speedy edge rushers. The rest of the O-line looked confused and were out played. There isn't one aspect of the game I can look to and say the Patriots at least did 'X' well. The were beaten soundly.

I think it started with the game plan. And this I pin directly on BB. Did he honestly think the best chance at winning the game was to run Woodhead 14 times, and your 1,000 yard back 9 times? (I really hope we find out BJE was sick or injured or something). Danny is a nice player, but when used sparingly and as a change of pace, not as a lead guy. Did BB really think that throwing the ball to Crumpler down field was a good idea? Those passes should have been going to Hernandez and Gronk (who I thought would be difficult covers for the LBs and Ss). Crumpler's drop of a TD early was a big play. Probably wouldn't have changed anything, but could have made the Jets play from down 7 instead of just 3.

This was a game I feared would come at some point this season. The defense was exposed as one which cannot make stops. They lived off the turnover. I just thought it would take a guy like Manning, Rivers, Rodgers or Roethlisberger to expose it. Sanchez played one of, if not the best game of his career. Nothing overtly flashy, but made perfect throws when he needed to. And stayed away from the big pick. Perfect offensive game plan by running well and avoiding the mistake. The Jets played their game, and I thought the Pats looked like someone else out there. This looked like the Cleveland game, part 2. Uninspired, flat football on both sides of the ball. No emotion to speak of, and a bad game plan. I think the young guys on this team bought into the hype and didn't work as hard as they needed to. The hungrier team, the team that wanted it more, won the game.

On the season, it was a fun ride. I never thought they'd end up where they did. I predicted a 9-7 team. I thought next year they'd be a playoff team. They overachieved on D with the turnovers all season. But, the lone bright spot is 3 picks in the top 33 next year (one of which just moved up higher with this playoff exit). Hopefully they'll learn from this and come back next year better because of it. I know the Jets will be waiting.

The better team won tonight. No excuses. The Jets had a better game plan, they executed it better, and the Patriots deserved to lose.

I thought the Jets would try to take away Welker and Branch with Revis and Cromartie, and they did. But I thought the TE's and Woodhead out of the back field would be a mis match in the Patriots favor. It either was not, or it wasn't part of the Pats game plan to try. I thought Sanchez would turn the ball over, and he did not. He played great. Better than Brady played. I thought the Patriots O-Line could handle whatever Ryan could come up with on D. They didn't. Shaun Ellis had a HUGH game, and made Matt Light look like a turn style, something generally reserved for speedy edge rushers. The rest of the O-line looked confused and were out played. There isn't one aspect of the game I can look to and say the Patriots at least did 'X' well. The were beaten soundly.

I think it started with the game plan. And this I pin directly on BB. Did he honestly think the best chance at winning the game was to run Woodhead 14 times, and your 1,000 yard back 9 times? (I really hope we find out BJE was sick or injured or something). Danny is a nice player, but when used sparingly and as a change of pace, not as a lead guy. Did BB really think that throwing the ball to Crumpler down field was a good idea? Those passes should have been going to Hernandez and Gronk (who I thought would be difficult covers for the LBs and Ss). Crumpler's drop of a TD early was a big play. Probably wouldn't have changed anything, but could have made the Jets play from down 7 instead of just 3.

This was a game I feared would come at some point this season. The defense was exposed as one which cannot make stops. They lived off the turnover. I just thought it would take a guy like Manning, Rivers, Rodgers or Roethlisberger to expose it. Sanchez played one of, if not the best game of his career. Nothing overtly flashy, but made perfect throws when he needed to. And stayed away from the big pick. Perfect offensive game plan by running well and avoiding the mistake. The Jets played their game, and I thought the Pats looked like someone else out there. This looked like the Cleveland game, part 2. Uninspired, flat football on both sides of the ball. No emotion to speak of, and a bad game plan. I think the young guys on this team bought into the hype and didn't work as hard as they needed to. The hungrier team, the team that wanted it more, won the game.

On the season, it was a fun ride. I never thought they'd end up where they did. I predicted a 9-7 team. I thought next year they'd be a playoff team. They overachieved on D with the turnovers all season. But, the lone bright spot is 3 picks in the top 33 next year (one of which just moved up higher with this playoff exit). Hopefully they'll learn from this and come back next year better because of it. I know the Jets will be waiting.

Good post. can't disagree with any of it.

That's how I roll, Hugh One. If I don't have cash to bet, I'll lay down the rep, the next most valuable thing I can put up... which rermains intact. One year sig. I am.... Rovers.

Yep. Good call. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. :wacko:

ETA: And congrats to the Jets and their fans, I didn't think they had a snow-balls chance in hell at winning that game. :tup:

I pretty much despise all 4 teams left right now, and my Smackbowl team sucks. Guess it's time to focus on hockey. :lol:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Jets on Defense

It was easier when Moss was a Pat. Revis, done. Brady can hurt you with all sorts of weapons, and if you shut one down, another can kill you. You have Welker who even lines up in the backfield, Branch, the type of WR Cromartie has the most trouble with (Cromartie is fast, but can't stay with good change of direction WR's like Branch and Welker), then Edelman, and the two TE's. It's a nightmare for the Jets to cover all of these targets.

NE won't be able to run up the middle with much success, as the Jets' front seven and LB's are tough up the gut, so BJGE isn't likely to hurt them. However, the Jets LB's are not fast enough to outside contain or cover these TE's. Woodhead presents a matchup problem both outside and in pass recieving. The Jets can't just put Revis on a WR. I can only guess at what Ryan may do on defense, but he may repeat what he did against the Colts, even more so.

I think Ryan will use a lot of nickel and dime defense, with Revis at the nickel to get him more involved in the over the middle throws that remains the Jets' D biggest weakness. I can see some 3-2-6 being thrown at Brady. Less blitzing, but when they do, it will come from the DB's. Flood the field with DB's and dare the Pats to run.

Just admiring my work. :wacko: At the risk of gloating.... no risk, blatant gloating. The Jets didn't blitz much, the did move Revis around, they did use some 3 man pass rushes. Ellis may have played his career game. Even after the game, he was still angry about the 45-3 game. Might have been the best thing that happened to the Jets.

The other intangable... has anyone watched the Jets post game interviews?

Dennis Byrd spoke to the team on Saturday night. He brought with him the jersey they cut off his body when he had his neck broken. He told the team he would give ANYTHING to play just ONE more play. Not a game, just one play. B Edwards in the post game said he felt the spirit of Byrd as he broke tackles going into the end zone on his TD catch. The Jets' captains carried the torn jersey out for the coin flip. That was the first time Byrd has even been near the team since he got paralyzed. His recovery has been miraculous... he leads a pretty normal life now.

No Jet player has worn his #90 since. I doubt one ever will.

Dennis Byrd spoke to the team on Saturday night. He brought with him the jersey they cut off his body when he had his neck broken. He told the team he would give ANYTHING to play just ONE more play. Not a game, just one play. B Edwards in the post game said he felt the spirit of Byrd as he broke tackles going into the end zone on his TD catch. The Jets' captains carried the torn jersey out for the coin flip. That was the first time Byrd has even been near the team since he got paralyzed. His recovery has been miraculous... he leads a pretty normal life now.

No Jet player has worn his #90 since. I doubt one ever will.

That is very cool. :wacko:

Great post. Means a lot coming from a Pats fan. :wacko: Another great game between great rivals. To be the best, you have to beat the best. The Jets still have a few more steps to climb.