[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets at Pats

Rovers

Jets vs Pats Pik-em  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Pats (H) -9 or Jets (A)+9

• Pats
    • Jets
  2. 2. Pats vs Jets Straight

• Pats
    • Jets

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady > Sanchez by a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount.

The game hasn't even started and it's already over. If the jets want any chance, they need to IR boy and play Brunnell.

You really don't need to secure your spot as "Best Fisherman". You got it...Hands down! :wacko:

Don't get me wrong, I respect the law firm, but RB's like him generally don't have good games against the Jets. Woodhead scares me more. Now, on the other hand, if Ryan does play a lot of 3-2-6, then BJGE could have a better day, but that is what the Jets would prefer to see, more running than passing.

I think NE goes out to a 7 point lead, controls the game into the 4th quarter, and gives up a TD late, pretty much once the game was already decided. I can see NE having a 24-10 lead half way through the 4th.

The Jets do have a punche's chance. They did after all beat NE early in the year, and won at PIT. They are better on the road than at home this year, but they usually stink it up at Foxboro. If they won, would it be a bigger upset than the Seahawks over the Saints?

what has changed in the Jets D from the last game, when BJGE went for 18-73-2? The Pats O-line has been mauling people since Mankins came back. Without Jenkins in the middle, I'm not sure what you see to make you think the Jets can shut him down? Because the stopped the Colts run game? not real feat there.

I think Sanchez looses this game for the Jets. He's thrown 1 TD and 7 picks in 2 trips to Foxboro. Don't see that changing. Jest will get their yards on the ground (just like last game when they ran it 30+ times for over 150 yards, and still lost by 42) but it won't amount to anything. Sanchez throws 3 more picks and the Pats roll 38-10.

And I'll add this. With all the yapping Ryan and Cromartie are doing, there will be NO let up by the Pats. If they can hang 70 on them this week, they will.

what has changed in the Jets D from the last game, when BJGE went for 18-73-2? The Pats O-line has been mauling people since Mankins came back. Without Jenkins in the middle, I'm not sure what you see to make you think the Jets can shut him down? Because the stopped the Colts run game? not real feat there.

I think Sanchez looses this game for the Jets. He's thrown 1 TD and 7 picks in 2 trips to Foxboro. Don't see that changing. Jest will get their yards on the ground (just like last game when they ran it 30+ times for over 150 yards, and still lost by 42) but it won't amount to anything. Sanchez throws 3 more picks and the Pats roll 38-10.

And I'll add this. With all the yapping Ryan and Cromartie are doing, there will be NO let up by the Pats. If they can hang 70 on them this week, they will.

What happened in the first game when BGJE went 10-19-0? Jenkins was already out then. Pouha had 6 tackles and he keeps getting better. That last game was a blowout. The Jets had basically given up. I know it was week 2, but the Jets DID beat the Pats by 14 points. Apparently, the Jets don't belong on the same field. People seem to think the Jets are just going to lay down in this game, especially Pats fans.

I'm hear to tell you that isn't going to happen. People are letting their dislike for Ryan cloud their opinions. No one gave the Jets a chance against Indy last week either, but how did that work out? Sanchez was off, but if he wasn't so awful the Jets winn that game by 17 points. The Jets may not be as good as NE, but they don't suck either. They won 7, now 8 times on the road this year. While I don't think the Jets will win, I will be one of the few that won't be shocked.

The Jets are being under rated again this week, I suppose because of Sanchez. The Jets don't match up well with NE, but they can beat... and have beaten NE. These two teams are 2-2 over the last two years. The idea the Jets have no chance is homer talk.

Edited by Rovers

What happened in the first game when BGJE went 10-19-0? Jenkins was already out then. Pouha had 6 tackles and he keeps getting better. That last game was a blowout. The Jets had basically given up. I know it was week 2, but the Jets DID beat the Pats by 14 points. Apparently, the Jets don't belong on the same field. People seem to think the Jets are just going to lay down in this game, especially Pats fans.

I'm hear to tell you that isn't going to happen. People are letting their dislike for Ryan cloud their opinions. No one gave the Jets a chance against Indy last week either, but how did that work out? Sanchez was off, but if he wasn't so awful the Jets winn that game by 17 points. The Jets may not be as good as NE, but they don't suck either. They won 7, now 8 times on the road this year. While I don't think the Jets will win, I will be one of the few that won't be shocked.

The Jets are being under rated again this week, I suppose because of Sanchez. The Jets don't match up well with NE, but they can beat... and have beaten NE. These two teams are 2-2 over the last two years. The idea the Jets have no chance is homer talk.

:wacko: who is this "noone" that you speak of. i saw lots of people picking the Jets. not to mention they were only 2 1/2 pt underdogs on the road.

:wacko: who is this "noone" that you speak of. i saw lots of people picking the Jets. not to mention they were only 2 1/2 pt underdogs on the road.

On this site, in a poll I started, at kick off, it was over 75% Colts. (3 people voted Jets AFTER the game, LOL) I saw the same thing elsewhere, and that was pretty much the split with Fox, ESPN, etc. So, it wasn't quite "noone" but it was getting close.

So... let me add a poll here too.

We are talking about a rematch of the same game played a month ago when the Patriots won 45-3?

Here is the bottom line to me.

Mark Sanchez only threw for 164 yards and no scores and three interceptions in the last meeting.

Sanchez has played in four games since and scored a total of one touchdown over those games.

In the last six games, Sanchez only has one game with more than 216 passing yards.

Passing game is nearly dead in NYJ because of his shoulder.

They beat the Colts with a freakish game from LT (had been under 50 rush yards for the last six weeks) and he had scored only once in the nine previous games. He had two scores in IND. He only had 47 yards and no scores in NE.

The Jets played good defense against the Colts that took out Reggie Wayne and left little more than Garcon to pass to. And the Jets had 152 rush yards last week.

This should be a blowout again. Even if it was only by half the margin last time, it would still be a 21 point blow out.

What has changed? Logan Mankins has changed. He's in this game. HUGH difference. What else? Randy Moss is not in this game. NE thought they could throw at Cromartie while Revis was out. They couldn't because Moss can't play anymore and Cromartie matches up well with Moss.

They just played this game 6 weeks ago. I ask again. What has changed since then?

The Jets may not be as good as NE, but they don't suck either.

First time in my 45+ years as a Jets fan I turned the game off in the third quarter after that Taco threw the INT.

Same old Jets. Despite their 9-3 record, it does seem to me that they are just lucky. Until last night when lady luck left with the hot dog vendor. What a total humiliation, beyond embarrassing. Right now, I don't care if they win another game, this team WERE and ARE a bunch of losers last night, from the coaches to the water boy.

Serves them right that Woodhead torched them. One of the stOOOOpidest cuts in the history of this pitiful franchise. :rofl::wacko::lol:

:tup:

My long standing problem with the Jets is for a team that has done pretty much nothing they talk as if they are defending SB champs. Constant empty bravado from Ryan and his players that IMO make them look foolish. I know Ryan is trying to take the pressure off of the team and put it on him but it just seems desperate and hollow for them to poke at Brady all week and makes them look even dumber when Brady puts them in short pants on gameday. They keep laying the bait (Brady should have been watching Jets - Colts, Manning would have been watching if he had the bye) and now Cromartie is calling Brady an aHole. Brady is just shrugging it off and rubbing their heads. He said Bellichick and his O coordinater call him that. I actually love the make up of the Jets on the field. Fiesty D, Great O line / Running game. I just think they talk too much

Other than Cromartie's recent tirade, the Jets players don't yap any more than most other teams. Ryan does the yapping.

It seems all anyone remembers is the game the Pats destoyed the Jets. Noone remembers the 34-14 win Cleveland had over the Pats, or the 14 point win the Jets had over them. In the Cleveland game, they did little in the passing game, they ran all over the Pats instead. Is the Cleveland ground game that much better than the Jets? McCoy put up very pedestrian numbers.

You don't have to have a prolific passing game to beat the Pats. A good running attack with enough passing sprinkled in can be enough on offense.

What you do have to do against the Patriots is hold them to 17 points maybe 20, and find a way to stop Brady. I had my doubts they could stop Manning, but they did. The weak link is Cromartie. He is one of the fastest DB's in the NFL, but he can't change direction worth a darn, and that isn't good against WR's like Welker, Branch and Edelman. Hernandez and Gronkowski can move the chains and are good red zone targets, but it's the quick, fast shifty players like Welker, Branch and Woodhead that can hurt the Jets the most.

Sanchez can't afford to overthrow ANY TD passes in this game, never mind the two or three he missed against the Colts. He doesn't have to throw a lot, but he has to hit Keller, Edwards and Holmes when they do get open, especially deep, and they will get some man on man coverage and get open. Everyone is also assuming Sanchez will play the way he did against the Colts, and can't play as well as he did against Chicago. Sanchez is inconsistant. The lack of TD throws is more a FF issue than it is a factor in the NFL, with the recognotion that he can't afford any misses on his deep throws in this game.

Has an 11 win team ever been this big of an underdog in the second round of the playoffs before, ever? I can't recall one. Especially when that underdog went 1-1 against the opponent. Heck, some people picked the Seahawks over the Saints, but the Jets? LOL, nary a single taker.

The "Blowout Game" doesn't mean that much to me right now. The Jets had a terrible game plan, starting in a hurry up offense. That is not their strength. Nor are the Jets built to overcome big leads. Once NE jumped out to an early 17 point lead, it was over, and the Jets were beaten, and they knew it. They finished the game knowing they would not win. They mailed the rest of the game in. That was the worst game the Jets even played under Ryan, and it's not even close. That is reason to expect it to happen again? I don't see the logic there.

I also happen to agree with Ryan. The talent levels of both teams isn't that far apart. It's Belichick vs Ryan and what they install in the game plans. Finding a way to avoid having Cromartie one on one with Branch would be a nice start for the Jets for instance. We shall see.

Other than Cromartie's recent tirade, the Jets players don't yap any more than most other teams. Ryan does the yapping.

It seems all anyone remembers is the game the Pats destoyed the Jets. Noone remembers the 34-14 win Cleveland had over the Pats, or the 14 point win the Jets had over them. In the Cleveland game, they did little in the passing game, they ran all over the Pats instead. Is the Cleveland ground game that much better than the Jets? McCoy put up very pedestrian numbers.

You don't have to have a prolific passing game to beat the Pats. A good running attack with enough passing sprinkled in can be enough on offense.

What you do have to do against the Patriots is hold them to 17 points maybe 20, and find a way to stop Brady. I had my doubts they could stop Manning, but they did. The weak link is Cromartie. He is one of the fastest DB's in the NFL, but he can't change direction worth a darn, and that isn't good against WR's like Welker, Branch and Edelman. Hernandez and Gronkowski can move the chains and are good red zone targets, but it's the quick, fast shifty players like Welker, Branch and Woodhead that can hurt the Jets the most.

Sanchez can't afford to overthrow ANY TD passes in this game, never mind the two or three he missed against the Colts. He doesn't have to throw a lot, but he has to hit Keller, Edwards and Holmes when they do get open, especially deep, and they will get some man on man coverage and get open. Everyone is also assuming Sanchez will play the way he did against the Colts, and can't play as well as he did against Chicago. Sanchez is inconsistant. The lack of TD throws is more a FF issue than it is a factor in the NFL, with the recognotion that he can't afford any misses on his deep throws in this game.

Has an 11 win team ever been this big of an underdog in the second round of the playoffs before, ever? I can't recall one. Especially when that underdog went 1-1 against the opponent. Heck, some people picked the Seahawks over the Saints, but the Jets? LOL, nary a single taker.

The "Blowout Game" doesn't mean that much to me right now. The Jets had a terrible game plan, starting in a hurry up offense. That is not their strength. Nor are the Jets built to overcome big leads. Once NE jumped out to an early 17 point lead, it was over, and the Jets were beaten, and they knew it. They finished the game knowing they would not win. They mailed the rest of the game in. That was the worst game the Jets even played under Ryan, and it's not even close. That is reason to expect it to happen again? I don't see the logic there.

I also happen to agree with Ryan. The talent levels of both teams isn't that far apart. It's Belichick vs Ryan and what they install in the game plans. Finding a way to avoid having Cromartie one on one with Branch would be a nice start for the Jets for instance. We shall see.

This NE team is not even remotely close to the team that played in week 2. Gone is Moss and Faulk. In their place is Branch and Woodhead. Both better fits for the offense right now. Plus add Mankins back to the mix. If you're hanging your hat on that week 2 game, go right ahead.

As for Cleveland. That was the wake-up game for the young Pats. They got stomped because they didn't prepare well enough. It was Belichick's chance to say, "See what happens when you don't work hard?" Since then they are 8-0 and have scored 31+ in every game. The young guys get it and are playing great and doing their jobs.

I don't think the Jets suck, but I do think this team is an awful match-up for them, and that's not a coincidence. They are built to beat the Jets. The Jets LB's and S's don't do well in coverage in the middle of the field, they've struggled there all year. NE lives in the middle of the field. I expect a huge game from Hernandez or Gronkowski, as well as one of Branch or Welker. If I were Ryan I'd let Revis take Welker and put Cromartie on either TE and let Wilson take Branch with a little S help. If they try to play the TEs with LB's, they're toast, they can't hang with either one of them.

Jan 16

-10 CHICAGO 41 Seattle

-9 NEW ENGLAND 44½ NY Jets

Found one.

On this site, in a poll I started, at kick off, it was over 75% Colts. (3 people voted Jets AFTER the game, LOL) I saw the same thing elsewhere, and that was pretty much the split with Fox, ESPN, etc. So, it wasn't quite "noone" but it was getting close.

So... let me add a poll here too.

:wacko:

Jan 16

-10 CHICAGO 41 Seattle

-9 NEW ENGLAND 44½ NY Jets

Found one.

Oh, Seattle won 11 games this year? I must have missed that. Darned NFL.com, they lied to me. Typical Pats homer. You only read what you want to. Then saying I'm hanging my hat on the fact that the Jets beat NE early. Hardly. Read what I posted, not just the parts you want to latch onto like a kid with a blanky he can't take a nap without.

To bad homers always hijack football threads like this. I hardly "hung my hat" on the week two drubbing the Jets put on NE. All I said was to completely ignore it was not very logical. The loss to NE was as much an anomoly as the Pats getting blown out by the Browns was. Pats fans are hanging your hat on that game. An anomoly.

But, very bad news for the Jets this week. It was bad enough that the Jets lost the QB of the D backfield 2 days before the "Blowout Game" losing Leonard, but now Woody the RT is done for the season, Brad Smith probably won't play, and Coleman, the nickel CB is hurt too.

The Pats face a depleted team at this point. Brad Smith is one of the best returners in the NFL, not to mention his role in the wildcat. Woody is the RT the Jets love to run behind, he is a road grader. Now the "not ready for prime time" rookie Wilson has to play as the nickel CB.

So, once again the Pats get to face the Jets with late, last minute injuries. It still won't be a blowout.

I gaurantee this will not be a blowout.

The Jets will cover.

Rovers, it doesn't matter what anyone says or thinks.....the game will be played on the field on Sunday. Here's to a Steelers-Jets re-match in Pittsburgh next Sunday. :rofl::tup:

Probably just having a homer attack, but the more I see the Jets getting ZERO respect, the more I like the chances of seeing an upset. I mean, the Jets have been given absolutely NO chance to win this game. :lol:

And I don't like the odds of beating the Steelers at home two times in a row in their house, but would love to see the Jets give it their best shot. However, it's clearly an impossibility. Even DMD said so. :wacko:

I said Guarantee.

I have always prided myself in knowing the Jets as well as anyone, anywhere, haven't been shy about saying so, and have been borderline cocky about it. Maybe not so borderline. I have the history here to back it up.

When Curtis Martin was all but completely written off, in every ranking, by every pundit I insisted he would have a great year. Noone agreed. Noone. Martin won the rushing title that year. They said he was too old. He wasn't.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...3&hl=Martin

In 2009, I took cash bets on Thomas Jones. I wasn't just correct, Jones ended up not in the top 15, he was in the top ten.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...06&hl=rated

When asked for my take on the Jets RB's this year, I hedged. I basically said that I did not think Greene would live up to his ADP, and frankly didn't know how good LT2 would be. I didn't draft any Jets RB in any league I was in. LT2 turned out to be a decent #2-#3 RB. Greene was a terrible disappointment based on where most drafted him.

Now I am saying that not only will the Jets not be embarrassed again, I guarantee they cover, and I beleive they do have a chance to win this game.

No sig line bet. Rather, if the Jets don't cover, I will add this to my sig for ONE YEAR:

Don't ask me about the Jets I clearly have no idea what the frick I am talking about. I'm an NFL dummy and a Pats whipping boy.

If the Jets win outright the sig will be:

Only idots and Pats fans (is there a difference?) question my opinions on the Jets.

If the Jets cover and lose, no sig. It will just add to my aura as Jets know it all. :wacko:

Let the doubters take their shots now. Shut up after the game is over, unless you are throwing rose petals beneath my feet and pouring accolades in my general direction and my godlike abilities for projecting all things Jets. I am Rovers... and I know the Jets. If the Jets win, I will make Menudo look like a whimpy homer. :tup:

J-E-T-S

JETS

JETS

JETS!

Of course, should any Patsy fans choose to back up their smack the way I just did.... have at it.

No sig line bet. Rather, if the Jets don't cover, I will add this to my sig for ONE YEAR:

Don't ask me about the Jets I clearly have no idea what the frick I am talking about. I'm an NFL dummy and a Pats whipping boy.

If the Jets win outright the sig will be:

Only idots and Pats fans (is there a difference?) question my opinions on the Jets.

The man talks the talk and walks the walk. :wacko: