[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets at Pats

Rovers

Jets vs Pats Pik-em  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Pats (H) -9 or Jets (A)+9

• Pats
    • Jets
  2. 2. Pats vs Jets Straight

• Pats
    • Jets

Oh, Seattle won 11 games this year? I must have missed that. Darned NFL.com, they lied to me. Typical Pats homer. You only read what you want to. Then saying I'm hanging my hat on the fact that the Jets beat NE early. Hardly. Read what I posted, not just the parts you want to latch onto like a kid with a blanky he can't take a nap without.

To bad homers always hijack football threads like this. I hardly "hung my hat" on the week two drubbing the Jets put on NE. All I said was to completely ignore it was not very logical. The loss to NE was as much an anomoly as the Pats getting blown out by the Browns was. Pats fans are hanging your hat on that game. An anomoly.

But, very bad news for the Jets this week. It was bad enough that the Jets lost the QB of the D backfield 2 days before the "Blowout Game" losing Leonard, but now Woody the RT is done for the season, Brad Smith probably won't play, and Coleman, the nickel CB is hurt too.

The Pats face a depleted team at this point. Brad Smith is one of the best returners in the NFL, not to mention his role in the wildcat. Woody is the RT the Jets love to run behind, he is a road grader. Now the "not ready for prime time" rookie Wilson has to play as the nickel CB.

So, once again the Pats get to face the Jets with late, last minute injuries. It still won't be a blowout.

I gaurantee this will not be a blowout.

The Jets will cover.

You're right, I was laughing and rolling my eyes too much to read correctly. It's just the thought of the self-proclaimed Super Bowl Champions (or have we forgotten Hard Knocks and the ESPN bus signing, etc?) crying disrespect was too funny for me to handle. So I took the 5 minutes to do the research and answer your question. I found three without digging too deep:

1990 Super Bowl - 11-5 Denver, 11 1/2 point UD to 14-2 SF

1999 NFC Championship - 14-2 ATL, 11 point UD to 15-1 MINN

2001 Super Bowl - 11-5 NE, 14 point UD to 14-2 STL

I'm posting this even though the UD's here are 2-1 straight up.

And I hardly consider myself having hijacked this thread. I didn't know the thread titled "Jets vs Pats" was only open for fans of the 31 teams other than the Patriots to come and give their opinion on the game? I offered stats, reasoning, and a prediction for the game, the same as you.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, I was laughing and rolling my eyes too much to read correctly. It's just the thought of the self-proclaimed Super Bowl Champions (or have we forgotten Hard Knocks and the ESPN bus signing, etc?) crying disrespect was too funny for me to handle. So I took the 5 minutes to do the research and answer your question. I found three without digging too deep:

And I hardly consider myself having hijacked this thread. I didn't know the thread titled "Jets vs Pats" was only open for fans of the 31 teams other than the Patriots to come and give their opinion on the game? I offered stats, reasoning, and a prediction for the game, the same as you.

:karma: :wacko::tup:

Dear bring back my frontal lobes, er I mean Bring Back Pat....

Ah, what can I say. Oh, wait a minute. Those weren't second round playoff games, now were they? Two Super Bowls and an NFC Championship game.

What I said was has there ever been an 11 win team that went 1-1 against an opponent in the regular season that has been such a heavy underdog in the second round of the playoffs.

Let me itemize it out for you, since paragraphs don't seem to work:

1. 11 win team

2. 1-1 regular season record vs opponent

3. Second round of playoffs.

4. 9 point under dog

Seattle? Your first lame attempt?

Fail. 11 wins, eh? On what planet?

Your second lame attempt?

Fail. Super Bowls and conference Championship games.

Keep looking, if you can wrap your Patsie head around what I said in the first place.

Typical Patsie fan, head up their :wacko:

I think the jets cover :tup: not much of a Pats fan I guess :lol:

LOL... generalizations and blanket statements are never 100%. But, it's in my sig guanlet now, can't hedge on it. It's trash talk. But I laid it out there now, can't backtrack.

Let's see if Bring Back Pat is confident enough to do the same for a year. If he does, I like the Jets even more, he hasn't gotten anything right yet. :wacko:

Dear bring back my frontal lobes, er I mean Bring Back Pat....

Ah, what can I say. Oh, wait a minute. Those weren't second round playoff games, now were they? Two Super Bowls and an NFC Championship game.

What I said was has there ever been an 11 win team that went 1-1 against an opponent in the regular season that has been such a heavy underdog in the second round of the playoffs.

Let me itemize it out for you, since paragraphs don't seem to work:

1. 11 win team

2. 1-1 regular season record vs opponent

3. Second round of playoffs.

4. 9 point under dog

Seattle? Your first lame attempt?

Fail. 11 wins, eh? On what planet?

Your second lame attempt?

Fail. Super Bowls and conference Championship games.

Keep looking, if you can wrap your Patsie head around what I said in the first place.

Typical Patsie fan, head up their :wacko:

Right, because this type of research is soooo easy to do. Try finding the point spreads of past playoff games, especially 2nd round games. At least I tried to do the research instead of just making blanket statements without having any idea what the answer was. Quite frankly I don't care at this point. The fact that the games I did find teams went 2-1 should make you happy anyway.

Here's a stat though, since you seem to thrive on meaningless obscure stats. In the history on the NFL only 5 teams have lost a regular season game by 35+ points and then saw that team again in the playoffs. The losing team's record in those 5 games is 0-5.

I'll put my mouth, my money and my sig on the line. You name it. Pats win and cover. Period.

If they don't, I'll let YOU write my sig and I'll keep it for a year.

And I won't change it to anything if the Patriots win.

Straight forward and simple enough for you, or does fireman Ed need to help you with any spelling?

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

Call me crazy but I think the Jets can pull of the upset.

maybe if Ryan orders a hit on Brady. Yall ready to watch the cheap shots fly? the Jets will have to play dirty to win for they have ZERO offense. Ever since Brady took his team back and Moss was traded, the Pats defense has been playing very well, especially at CB with the rookie. Unless Brady goes down ala Carson Palmer, the Pats will hang 28 on them and the Jets just cannot score with Sanchez throwing high.

Jets just beat the Colts on the road. I think they come to NE and give them a game. Comes down to a FG and could go either way. At this point in the season you throw out both games they played against each other. Means nothing.

If I had to pick an outright winner I would take the pats only because its Brady vs. Sanchez. I think the Jets would have a better chance with Brunnell starting.

I said Guarantee.

I guarantee they cover.

Up to what dollar amount is this guarantee good for? If the Falcons don't cover I might be chasing Sunday.

Right, because this type of research is soooo easy to do. Try finding the point spreads of past playoff games, especially 2nd round games. At least I tried to do the research instead of just making blanket statements without having any idea what the answer was. Quite frankly I don't care at this point. The fact that the games I did find teams went 2-1 should make you happy anyway.

Here's a stat though, since you seem to thrive on meaningless obscure stats. In the history on the NFL only 5 teams have lost a regular season game by 35+ points and then saw that team again in the playoffs. The losing team's record in those 5 games is 0-5.

I'll put my mouth, my money and my sig on the line. You name it. Pats win and cover. Period.

If they don't, I'll let YOU write my sig and I'll keep it for a year.

And I won't change it to anything if the Patriots win.

Straight forward and simple enough for you, or does fireman Ed need to help you with any spelling?

The funny thing is, when I first said it, I asked if an 11 win team that had beaten (split) with an opponent had even been such a heavy dog in the second round. I never said it didn't happen before, I said I just could not remember it happeneing before. You decided to go off and prove me wrong, which was a wild goose chase anyway, I never said it didn't happen before. It was nothing more than a passing observation, posed as a question.

You chose that 35 point number carefully, finally getting something right here, Congrats, however,

The 1993 Chiefs lost 30-0 to the Oilers, then beat them in the playoffs.

The 1990 Bengals lost by 31 against the Oilers in the regular season, then beat them by 27 in the playoffs.

Also see the 1977 Vikings (Rams), the 1976 Raiders (Patriots), and the 1965 Bills (Chargers).

So teams that have gotten waxed in the regular season have come back to beat that same opponent in the regular season. If you start counting 27 point victory margins, the list gets very long.

I don't do sig line bets, but if you want to write your own, go ahead. As far as cash bets, I did say I would consider one, but the honest truth is I am not in a financial situation at the moment to do any gambling. This summer health problems became pretty bad, and I had to fold my business. There are only a handful of Huddlers (Big John and RR) that know what happened, but they could vouch for me here if I asked. So, I can't make any bets I cannot afford to pay, or I'd be all over this. I've had a fair number of cash bets here in the past, but my situation prevents me from such entertainment for the time being. BTW... I have never lost a cash bet here, but I can't bet money I can't afford to lose.

So, the best I can do in the way of backing my guarantee is to wear a ONE YEAR sig. Bummer. I'd love to put some green on the Jets here.

The funny thing is, when I first said it, I asked if an 11 win team that had beaten (split) with an opponent had even been such a heavy dog in the second round. I never said it didn't happen before, I said I just could not remember it happeneing before. You decided to go off and prove me wrong, which was a wild goose chase anyway, I never said it didn't happen before. It was nothing more than a passing observation, posed as a question.

You chose that 35 point number carefully, finally getting something right here, Congrats, however,

The 1993 Chiefs lost 30-0 to the Oilers, then beat them in the playoffs.

The 1990 Bengals lost by 31 against the Oilers in the regular season, then beat them by 27 in the playoffs.

Also see the 1977 Vikings (Rams), the 1976 Raiders (Patriots), and the 1965 Bills (Chargers).

So teams that have gotten waxed in the regular season have come back to beat that same opponent in the regular season. If you start counting 27 point victory margins, the list gets very long.

I don't do sig line bets, but if you want to write your own, go ahead. As far as cash bets, I did say I would consider one, but the honest truth is I am not in a financial situation at the moment to do any gambling. This summer health problems became pretty bad, and I had to fold my business. There are only a handful of Huddlers (Big John and RR) that know what happened, but they could vouch for me here if I asked. So, I can't make any bets I cannot afford to pay, or I'd be all over this. I've had a fair number of cash bets here in the past, but my situation prevents me from such entertainment for the time being. BTW... I have never lost a cash bet here, but I can't bet money I can't afford to lose.

So, the best I can do in the way of backing my guarantee is to wear a ONE YEAR sig. Bummer. I'd love to put some green on the Jets here.

I'm sorry to hear about your rough summer, and wouldn't want anyone to bet money they can't afford to lose. I've been there. You've laid down your guarantee, that's enough. And I've matched it.

And full disclaimer, I didn't choose the 35 point stat, Alias sports did, and I found it interesting and repeated it. The other one I found interesting this morning was the Jets haven't scored a 1st quarter TD since the Denver game in week 6. That was October 17th. Almost 3 months by kickoff. A streak they'd have to break to have a chance, imo.

Now Bart Scott is pretty much saying they're going to take cheap shots at Welker. What a classless prick. Hopefully Logan Mankins tears him a new one.

I'd pay to see it. I'm not surprised to hear that from him though. I just go back to what Alge Crumpler said earlier in the week. They take after their coach, and we take after ours.

I'd pay to see it. I'm not surprised to hear that from him though. I just go back to what Alge Crumpler said earlier in the week. They take after their coach, and we take after ours.

So, all of the Patriots are acting like smug, arrogant d-bags ? :wacko:

:tup:

Now Bart Scott is pretty much saying they're going to take cheap shots at Welker. What a classless prick. Hopefully Logan Mankins tears him a new one.

All we are missing are Bart Scott and Logan Mankins interviews backstage with Mean Gene Okerlund before kickoff. We'd need to find a Jimmy Hart megaphone and sunglasses for Rex Ryan to shoot off his mouth with Scott.

Pats homer here, but this Pats offense is WAY too good for the Jet's defense. Jets D is effective in shutting down certain aspects of a game (like Revis on Moss) or taking away the run, but the Patriots don't have any players to key in besides Brady-and blitzing Brady makes him better. The Patriots defense is a turnover machine, love McCourty's picks and Mayo's high tackle #'s-I don't think Sanchez will be able to handle it, especially after watching him overshoot/undershoot tons of passes against the Colts.

Also whenever you give Belichick a week off to prepare, he does really really really well. Last game Belichick lost after a bye week in the regular season AND postseason comes in 2002. I dont think it'll be close-especially if its "personally" between Rex and Belichick.

I'm sorry to hear about your rough summer, and wouldn't want anyone to bet money they can't afford to lose. I've been there. You've laid down your guarantee, that's enough. And I've matched it.

And full disclaimer, I didn't choose the 35 point stat, Alias sports did, and I found it interesting and repeated it. The other one I found interesting this morning was the Jets haven't scored a 1st quarter TD since the Denver game in week 6. That was October 17th. Almost 3 months by kickoff. A streak they'd have to break to have a chance, imo.

Without a doubt, the Jets need to score in the first quarter, and they can't settle for FG's. Ryan always defers the opening kick off, and that is part of why the Jets don't score in the first quarter. I don't like deferring all the time. If the defense was playing as well as it did last year, OK, but they haven't been getting any three and outs on the first possession. Either the opponent scores, or the offense starts their first possession with poor field position. I'm sure he'll defer again in this game. The only good thing about deferring in this game is the crowd won't be as loud with the Pats getting the ball.