[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets at Pats

Rovers

Jets vs Pats Pik-em  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Pats (H) -9 or Jets (A)+9

• Pats
    • Jets
  2. 2. Pats vs Jets Straight

• Pats
    • Jets

So, all of the Patriots are acting like smug, arrogant d-bags ? :wacko:

:tup:

I thought BB was genius with his response to Rex Ryan's comments earlier this week. I may be the only non-Pats homer that loves him as a coach, and his personality. I don't need bravado and the look at me crap that Rex Ryan does. And if you win 3 SB's in a decade, go undefeated in the regular season two years ago, and have potentially the greatest QB ever then you're allowed to be smug.

love McCourty's picks

McCourty in 2-3 years will be the best CB in the game. I think as a rookie he's top 5-6.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really need to get over this. Can we take a collection for your therapy?

Get over what ? I was just having fun. I've got TONS of respect for Belichick and think he is the best coach in the NFL. I'm just jealous of the fact that he and Tom Terrific have owned the Steelers when they've faced off over the last decade.

Get over what ? I was just having fun. I've got TONS of respect for Belichick and think he is the best coach in the NFL. I'm just jealous of the fact that he and Tom Terrific have owned the Steelers when they've faced off over the last decade.

Czarina is very sensitive when it comes to her pets. :wacko:

Last thoughts... and maybe a crazy one.

Brady hasn't thrown an INT in how many attempts and games now? Can that continue? Brady could throw one that isn't even his fault if a reciever makes a big mistake. That is Belichick' MO... no mistakes.

One the flip side, NE has what, the 30th ranked pass defense? How do they win? 25 INT's.

NE always wins the T/O battle. The Jets will have to force some and avoid TO's. Tall order, but defenses that rely on TO's to win sometimes get burned if they can't force any. Having said that, I do believe Sanchez will oblige them.

Last thoughts... and maybe a crazy one.

Brady hasn't thrown an INT in how many attempts and games now? Can that continue? Brady could throw one that isn't even his fault if a reciever makes a big mistake. That is Belichick' MO... no mistakes.

One the flip side, NE has what, the 30th ranked pass defense? How do they win? 25 INT's.

NE always wins the T/O battle. The Jets will have to force some and avoid TO's. Tall order, but defenses that rely on TO's to win sometimes get burned if they can't force any. Having said that, I do believe Sanchez will oblige them.

Agree completely. Jets have to get some cheap TDs to win this game and I just don't see it.

Agree completely. Jets have to get some cheap TDs to win this game and I just don't see it.

Not sure I agree with the idea of cheap TD's so much. Winning the T/O battle by 3-1 would be enough, as long as the Jets can convert mistakes into points. Winning that T/O battle is highly unlikely however. The Jets have to play mistake free football. Good ST's, no shanked punts, win ToP and turnovers. Brady will move the ball and put up points.

+ A million. Manning one week, Brady the next. Can we take Big Ben on as well? Let us see.

If the Jets beat Manning at home, Brady at home, can beat the Steelers at home... again .... that is a gaunlet few teams have ever had to run through. We're playin with house money now. Beating the Pats in Foxboro made the season. Oh good Lord, how sweeeeeeeet it is! :wacko::tup::lol:

If the Jets beat Manning at home, Brady at home, can beat the Steelers at home... again .... that is a gaunlet few teams have ever had to run through. We're playin with house money now. Beating the Pats in Foxboro made the season. Oh good Lord, how sweeeeeeeet it is! :tup::lol::rofl:

I agree, no reason to take it any further. :wacko:

If the Jets beat Manning at home, Brady at home, can beat the Steelers at home... again .... that is a gaunlet few teams have ever had to run through. We're playin with house money now. Beating the Pats in Foxboro made the season. Oh good Lord, how sweeeeeeeet it is! :wacko::tup::lol:

You better hope that Ryan and the rest of the team don't feel the same way...but fwiw, I do know what you mean.

I said Guarantee.

I have always prided myself in knowing the Jets as well as anyone, anywhere, haven't been shy about saying so, and have been borderline cocky about it. Maybe not so borderline. I have the history here to back it up.

When Curtis Martin was all but completely written off, in every ranking, by every pundit I insisted he would have a great year. Noone agreed. Noone. Martin won the rushing title that year. They said he was too old. He wasn't.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...3&hl=Martin

In 2009, I took cash bets on Thomas Jones. I wasn't just correct, Jones ended up not in the top 15, he was in the top ten.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...06&hl=rated

When asked for my take on the Jets RB's this year, I hedged. I basically said that I did not think Greene would live up to his ADP, and frankly didn't know how good LT2 would be. I didn't draft any Jets RB in any league I was in. LT2 turned out to be a decent #2-#3 RB. Greene was a terrible disappointment based on where most drafted him.

Now I am saying that not only will the Jets not be embarrassed again, I guarantee they cover, and I beleive they do have a chance to win this game.

No sig line bet. Rather, if the Jets don't cover, I will add this to my sig for ONE YEAR:

Don't ask me about the Jets I clearly have no idea what the frick I am talking about. I'm an NFL dummy and a Pats whipping boy.

If the Jets win outright the sig will be:

Only idoits and Pats fans (is there a difference?) question my opinions on the Jets.

If the Jets cover and lose, no sig. It will just add to my aura as Jets know it all. :wacko:

Let the doubters take their shots now. Shut up after the game is over, unless you are throwing rose petals beneath my feet and pouring accolades in my general direction and my godlike abilities for projecting all things Jets. I am Rovers... and I know the Jets. If the Jets win, I will make Menudo look like a whimpy homer. :tup:

J-E-T-S

JETS

JETS

JETS!

Of course, should any Patsy fans choose to back up their smack the way I just did.... have at it.

My new sig will appear shorty, but in the interest of harmony, I will tone it down just a tad. :lol:

Edited by Rovers

That's how I roll, Hugh One. If I don't have cash to bet, I'll lay down the rep, the next most valuable thing I can put up... which rermains intact. One year sig. I am.... Rovers.

Only idots and Pats fans question my opinions on the Jets.

:wacko: