[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you won your fantasy league......

rustyc

Eigth in the 'big money' league I won. Started with two keepers, who I dropped by midseason due to injury (PT and DeAngelo), dictated by position limits and a critical need at RB. As stated above, however, this year really WAS about free agency in all my leagues. Although, I struck gold in the draft with Foster, Roddy, and Philip Rivers.

Position #4. It was the day MJD rumors about his knee were swirling so I went WR-WR start. For me it was the mid-rounds (foster, Nicks), trades and WW that put me over the top.

I did notice in my redraft leagues the last spot had pretty solid drafts this year.

13th out of 14 (1 player keeper league); won the top 2 prizes (total pts and SB champ)

We determine draft order by previous years finish in total points, which is the top prize (1 = total pts; 2 = SB champ; 3 = 2nd in pts; 4th = SB runner-up)

2009 = 14th

2010 = 13th

2011 = 14th

Edited by The Next Generation

I won 2 survivor leagues, one from the 2nd spot in the draft (of 17 teams) and one from the 16 spot in the draft (of 18 teams)

I won a league championship in an IDP contract dynasty, so I am not sure that matters to the discussion, but in the rookie draft I picked 12th last year.

I won the H2H portion of my money league this year and last year! Drafted 8th (in a 10 team re-draft league) both times. Traded down from 5th to 8th this year.

9th of 12 in a PPR, though winning had far more to do with a 'reach' of Foster in the 3rd round and FA/waiver pickups of Williams (TB, grabbed after riding Floyd early) and Tamme making up for the complete whiff of Moss in the first.

Draft position doesn't seem to matter that much, because of how random injuries and whatnot are. You make the best decisions you can at the draft, and try and get lucky reading the tea leaves to make the best moves you can during the season. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes you get killed by an unknown player that scores more than half your team. :wacko: