[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Hot Dog in the country!

rocknrobn26

So the argument begins Chi vs New York vs ???.

They do have an awesome Chi style dog, so no sauerkraut, chili, cheese, etc. But tomato, onions, ultraviolet relish, sport peppers, mustard, and celery salt. No ketchup even for the fries. It's an institution here in the western burbs and it's near O'Hare.

Gene & Judes...

that sounds really good! I dont like ketchup on either fries or dogs so this is right up my alley:) Kinda like those BBQ joints that dont have BBQ sauce on the menu, if the meat is good u dont need any sauce

Not sure if I ever posted this, but this is a place near our hood. Beef is Meh, I've had much better, but their Dogs are decent and the place is called:

Scooby's!

lol!! my 5 yr old boy & I are laughing so hard!!

One of these days when I'm feeling better and the snow drifts are gone (no where to park) I'll try and get a pic for you.

This is like argueing who was the best athlete, best football player, best baseball player of all time. There is no one answer.

Having traveled quite a bit, there are several hot dog joints I've been to, and they are all different, and all great. Around 1983 or so I went to a joint in Madison WS that was great. I've been to a place in Montreal surprisingly enough which was great too, and introduced me to cole slaw on a dog. Then of course there is Nathan's at Coney Island, plain and delish. I am convinced they have a sepeate hot dog recipe they use for the dogs sold at Coney Island. Then there is this place:

http://www.papayaking.com/

Renowned in NYC for their dogs. The kosher delis in NY also serve up pups that are fantastic. Putting ketchup or catsup on a dog is sacriledge. Unamerican even.

The best I've had

I don't think I have driven by it yet without seeing a line that stretched half a block.

Never thought to try out the dogs on the east coast. Pizza is the thing for me to taste test while I'm on the road. The worst dog that I've ever ate, and the most anticipated because of its rep, was the Dodger Dog. What a piece of crap that was.

Edited by tazinib1

"The Dog House" in High Point, NC, by far.

I actually sat at the booth in front of Dean Smith there in the early 80's, you know it has to be good if Dean Smith ate there.

NorCal...... Caspers Hot Dogs. But you got to go deep into Richmond, CA to get one, which could get dangerous.

Actually its a small, local chain. I have one close to me in Hayward. My dad used to take to the one you're talking about after we'd go swimming at the Richmond Plunge. On McDonald, right?, wasn't a bad area when we were growing.

We're seriously talking about "good" hot dogs? Aren't hotdogs made from all the parts of stuff left over, like lips and azzholes?

Best description I ever heard was "Everything but the OINK!". :wacko: