[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barndos

polksalet

Alright I'll admit it. I have no idea what we are talking about here. :wacko:

Evidently google doesn't know what it is either (that and it seems people think the dude's name was Marlon Barndo)

I'm trying to find the right +/- 100 acres right now that will be a place to hunt on for now, and eventually be where me and the wife build our LAST home. When I find the property I want, I'm going to build a barndo on it. It can serve as a hunting camp for now, and when the kids move out we can sell our house and live in it while we build the LAST home. I really doubt it is all that good of an investment when it comes to eventually selling the place, but if you are like I am, the it is an investment in a lifestyle. BTW, I'd never heard the term barndo, but I'm redneck enough to have known exactly what you were talking about by reading your post.

I'm trying to find the right +/- 100 acres right now that will be a place to hunt on for now, and eventually be where me and the wife build our LAST home. When I find the property I want, I'm going to build a barndo on it. It can serve as a hunting camp for now, and when the kids move out we can sell our house and live in it while we build the LAST home. I really doubt it is all that good of an investment when it comes to eventually selling the place, but if you are like I am, the it is an investment in a lifestyle. BTW, I'd never heard the term barndo, but I'm redneck enough to have known exactly what you were talking about by reading your post.

I have a 30 X 30 barn behind my house, circa 1892, never once thought of converting it to living space.

A friend of mine built a 30x30 temporary house. He made it 2/2 with a kitchen and a bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower. Turnkey price was just under 15k from dirt to move in. That is under $17 per sq. ft. I imagine you could build something pretty decent for 25-30 per sq. ft. I've talked to several bankers, realtors, and appraisers and they say the banks only lend 35 per sq ft. Heck at that rate I could turn a profit on the place.

Scooby, will our HOA let us do this in the backyard? :wacko: I need a man cave.

I'm guessing, No.

Do it any way and watch the neighbors flip out. Be sure to get at least one goat.