[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Song Evah?

alexgaddis

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her live acoustic version isn't much better... :wacko:

In an effort to put out some of the "Friday" fires, Black's manager thought it would be a good idea to do a live, acoustic recording of the song on Good Morning America. He's probably the tool in the green jacket making her friends sing along.

I don't think this helped Rebecca.

We we we so excited... :tup::lol::rofl:

What a bunch of idiots.

Her live acoustic version isn't much better... :wacko:

In an effort to put out some of the "Friday" fires, Black's manager thought it would be a good idea to do a live, acoustic recording of the song on Good Morning America. He's probably the tool in the green jacket making her friends sing along.

I don't think this helped Rebecca.

Wow, that was a freaking horrible idea. Among the many issues with that song, one stand above all. It's a freaking horribly written song. That the girl is only sort-of cute can be overcome. That she can't really sing that well can also be overcome. Both happen all the time. What can't be "tweaked" is that the song is perhaps the lamest song ever written. And, peeling off the layers of production that hid the fact that girl can't really sing that well is not going to help.

And, yes, dude in the jacket was nice. :tup: Gotta love him "conducting" the whole thing. Right down to the cheesy, "up high" sign on some notes.

I'm sorry, but I can't get this one thing out of my head. As bad as all the words are. As badly as they fit the meter, the "we, we, we so excited" bit takes the cake. Because, it actually fits if she only says it twice. I mean, it would still be a breathtakingly stupid line, but at least it fits. Don't you think the producer might have caught that one?

Producer: Hey, Becca, try it with just two "we"s on that part. It doesn't fit the way you're doing it.

Songwriter: Dude! You can't just go and change my song! That totally ruins the vibe. There's three "we"s for a reason. She's trying to convey the level of excitement and two "we"s just doesn't do it the same way. You think I'm just pulling this stuff out of my ass?!

Well I just bought it on itunes. So bad it's good and I will fist fight anyone who says different.

34 millions views now! On Tosh, the gay black guy that did the remix of "They rapin' everyone up here" said he made $300,000 with I-Tune sales of his song. I wonder how much she's made. :wacko:

You just never know what's going to catch on nowadays. :tup:

Edited by TimC

anyone seen this story yet?

The song and lyrics are beyond unlistenable

:wacko:

Okay, maybe I'm even more out of the loop than I thought, but to me it doesn't sound any more ass than pretty much everything I hear on top 40 radio these days.

Dumb lyrics? Yes. Overproduced? Yes. Autotuned? Yes. I have NO idea why this is the metaphorical "whipping boy" of the moment, as it fits RIGHT IN with what most popular artists are doing these days.

That the girl is only sort-of cute can be overcome. That she can't really sing that well can also be overcome.

She's kinda got a "botoxed Danica McKellar" thing going.

Which, given the situation, leads one to think that perhaps Ma paid for her to get botox.

Singing voice is passable. Probably no worse than Britney.