[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pissed

detlef

:wacko:

Some a-hole chucked a cinder block through the glass side door of one of my restaurants this morning. All for what appears to be about 4 bottles of booze.

Effed up thing is that I've been freaking stuck down here since 3am trying (fruitlessly) to get a hold of a 24 service to come out and replace the glass in the door and clean up the million pieces of glass everywhere. Soon, the non-emergency glass companies will be open (and the morning crew will be here).

I wonder what the ratio of damage to gain is in theft.

Son of a Bitch.

It was Taz's birthday last night...the people have to celebrate

j/k obviously...that sucks sorry to hear it, it's amazing how unhuman people can be, they look at a window and see a barrier to something they want, not something that someone has built, has carefully selected and crafted, integral to their business. just a shame

So, good news is that the glass in the door will be replaced by noon today ($320) and it seems like they maybe got off with $100 in booze. Unfortunately, that's gonna come out of pocket because my deductible is $1000.

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes.

Sorry man. :wacko:

I'm assuming the guy got away. That sucks! Anything else you can do to prevent something like this happening again?

Yep, dude got away.

It's actually pretty well lit and there's a construction site nearby where they got the broken cinder block, so it's not like I can eliminate big heavy things for them to throw at my door. The glass we're replacing the door with is stronger and harder to clear out once you do break it. Mind you, that was the most expensive part of the deal, but the alarm system picks up the sounds and dispatches police accordingly. So, that means there's a decent chance that guys will get caught if it takes them longer to actually break through.

Very bummer. Back in the day when I had my store we were having a heat wave and some ahole stole the AC unit out of the wall. Left a hugh gaping hole in the side of the building. It absolutely sucks to have to deal with this type of stuff and yep, like you I had to eat the cost.

Dos P. You know there's no crime in Chapel Hill, 'cept hippies smoking Josh Gordon.

Sorry man, that blows. We had a similar episode when i was at the Siena, though we wondered whether it was an inside job.

Sucks and sorry to hear about it.

:wacko:

Some a-hole chucked a cinder block through the glass side door of one of my restaurants this morning. All for what appears to be about 4 bottles of booze.

Effed up thing is that I've been freaking stuck down here since 3am trying (fruitlessly) to get a hold of a 24 service to come out and replace the glass in the door and clean up the million pieces of glass everywhere. Soon, the non-emergency glass companies will be open (and the morning crew will be here).

I wonder what the ratio of damage to gain is in theft. Son of a Bitch.

One of the companies that I worked for actually left the register/POS drawers open with the cash exposed because the cost to replace/repair the system if someone broke in and then tried to get into the drawer would be more than the cash it held

Edited by keggerz

Sucks and sorry to hear about it.

One of the companies that I worked for actually left the register/POS drawers open with the cash exposed because the cost to replace/repair the system if someone broke in and then tried to get into the drawer would be more than the cash it held

We do the same thing. Besides saving the machine from getting mauled, it basically advertises that there's nothing worth taking inside it if you're looking in through the windows.

We do the same thing. Besides saving the machine from getting mauled, it basically advertises that there's nothing worth taking inside it if you're looking in through the windows.

Might I recommend a DVR type security system with 2-4 cameras. This can be done for under 1k.

Might I recommend a DVR type security system with 2-4 cameras. This can be done for under 1k.

If it continues, I'll consider that. Right now, I've gone 2 years and had $100 in booze stolen (assuming the bottles were full).

Can I even go after the guy for damages if they catch him? That would seem like trying to milk a stone as I'm guessing some dude who busts into a restaurant using a cinder block and grabs 4 bottles of booze (didn't even take the good stuff) is likely not sitting on the $425 I would need to make me whole for this episode.