[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mallet to NE

BeeR

I understand the concerns w/him but BUF and AZ who have squat at QB don't think he's worth a 3d round pick? ??

And given his talent, who knows, he might be the man down the road for NE for years to come. Well worth a 3d rounder to find out IMO.

I understand the concerns w/him but BUF and AZ who have squat at QB don't think he's worth a 3d round pick? ??

And given his talent, who knows, he might be the man down the road for NE for years to come. Well worth a 3d rounder to find out IMO.

He is a coke addict with low iq. I'm not really seeing the upside.

Clearly you didn't see a game after week 4. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the least of the Bills concerns. The Bills in my opinion are rebuilding the right way. Strengthen the defense now, next year work on OL and QB. Either way, Fitz is better than what you're saying. The Cards are more likely than not going to make a trade or sign a vet when the league season starts.

Clearly you didn't see a game after week 4. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the least of the Bills concerns. The Bills in my opinion are rebuilding the right way. Strengthen the defense now, next year work on OL and QB. Either way, Fitz is better than what you're saying. The Cards are more likely than not going to make a trade or sign a vet when the league season starts.

You're right that Fitz isn't so bad, but if you really think he's the answer at QB, you're in a very very small minority. Also I have a feeling that taking a chance on a QB with huge upside might be a better move than taking a LB, given QB is the single most important position on a team.

lmao @ the Cards. There isn't jack diddly for FA QBs and certainly none w/the upside of Mallet. But I guess taking some schlep TE instead made more sense :wacko:

sounds like Dan Marino.

lol and touche

You're right that Fitz isn't so bad, but if you really think he's the answer at QB, you're in a very very small minority. Also I have a feeling that taking a chance on a QB with huge upside might be a better move than taking a LB, given QB is the single most important position on a team.

lmao @ the Cards. There isn't jack diddly for FA QBs and certainly none w/the upside of Mallet. But I guess taking some schlep TE instead made more sense :wacko:

lol and touche

clueless

Although I don't think Fitzpatrick is the answer, I think he's a solid QB. I lost count of how many game buf lost due to just being out scored last year. If they are able to strengthen their D and stil produce on offensce then I see the team getting 6 or 7wins and having a very outside shot at the playoffs.

Although I don't think Fitzpatrick is the answer, I think he's a solid QB. I lost count of how many game buf lost due to just being out scored last year. If they are able to strengthen their D and stil produce on offensce then I see the team getting 6 or 7wins and having a very outside shot at the playoffs.

No playoffs for the Bills with 6 - 7 wins...unless they move to the NFC West that is...

No playoffs for the Bills with 6 - 7 wins...unless they move to the NFC West that is...

Right that is what a very outside chance is... Every QB in their division would have to go down with an injury for them to get in with that sort of record but that would be a very outside shot....

So NE took a project at tackle that might not play if they re-sign Matt Light and a back-up QB?

:wacko:

dont forget Raj-I who will help at CB a position of need and two running backs, one of which they emphasized his pass-catching abilities which reminds me a lot of kevin faulk. great draft for the patriots so far. And Mallett is not just a back-up he is Brady's successor and was one of Belichick's highest rated-QBs. People seem to always criticize Belichick right after his drafts, but whenever this season starts everyone will see how much of a genius he is yet again.

Right that is what a very outside chance is... Every QB in their division would have to go down with an injury for them to get in with that sort of record but that would be a very outside shot....

Really? That's your explanation about how a 6-7 win team team becomes Division Champ in the AFC East? Couldn't just say "yeah, that was a silly comment"?

Edited by Duchess Jack

dont forget Raj-I who will help at CB a position of need and two running backs, one of which they emphasized his pass-catching abilities which reminds me a lot of kevin faulk. great draft for the patriots so far. And Mallett is not just a back-up he is Brady's successor and was one of Belichick's highest rated-QBs. People seem to always criticize Belichick right after his drafts, but whenever this season starts everyone will see how much of a genius he is yet again.

I think they blew it. They have no edge rushers, which they desperately need. This draft was DEEP at that position. And they don't get a single one? All the great DB's in the world do you no good if you can't put pressure on the QB.

They could have had Mark Ingram and traded instead. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I think they blew it. They have no edge rushers, which they desperately need. This draft was DEEP at that position. And they don't get a single one? All the great DB's in the world do you no good if you can't put pressure on the QB.

agree on the first point. i can see both arguments on the 2nd.

Maybe so but somehow I think it is like this every year since Belichick has been leading the drafts. Last year a lot of people gave them crap for taking two tight ends in the first four rounds, yet looking back it seems brilliant or atleast well worth it.

Although right now I will give you that going Cameron Jordan at 15, Mark Ingram at 28, and then Akeem Ayers at 33 sounds a lot better than Nate Solder, Ras-I Dowling, and Shane Veeren. I still believe after a year of football, I do believe that Solder, Dowling, and Vereen will pan out better than Jordan, Ingram, and Ayers. Just because there big names doesn't mean they are going to do well...

And he also still has 2 5th-rounders to get some front 7 help on the defensive side. And if Belichick doesn't like any pass rushers this draft class, they still have next year where they are set up with what is looking like 2 late first-rounders (NE and NO) and an early 2nd (OAK) and late 2nd (NE).

Two words...Kevin Kolb

One number to counter: 76.1. ie his QB rating last year. His fumbling rate of about a fumble per game also wasn't impressive. And that's the best FA QB out there? You'd rather that vs Mallet for a 3d rounder and costing one hell of a lot less contract-wise to boot? To each their own......

I feel like every year everyone is surprised by who the Patriots end up picking, but they end up panning out a lot. I don't see anything wrong with this pick, look at the Patriots got for Matt Cassl, Patrick Chung, one of the better safeties last year. They've been rumored to get interest in Brian Hoyer.

One number to counter: 76.1. ie his QB rating last year.

Search for all my posts on Kolb's performance last year. His 76.1 number included a clunker in Week 17 when the Eagles rested everyone on their OL, McCoy, and both starting WRs. His 76.1 also included a game in which he came in mid-game when Vick got hurt, and another in which he left in the first quarter.

Consider just the games he started and completed that mattered...would you be surprised to know he put up top-12 stats? Add in his starts from 2010, and that jumps to Top-8. And that's with what is widely considered one of the bottom OLs.

And you really think Mallet is a better option? :wacko:

I grant you the wek 17 thing, but we can play that all day long - his 2 best games were against ATL and SF, who both have weak secondaries. And even so, he wasn't exactly dazzling.

Bottom line, he hasn't really proven jack squat and shows minimal upside IMO. Mallet has more upside and again will cost a lot less. Given that, yes, I really think he would have been a far better option for BUF or AZ vs relying on Fitz for BUF or - um - basically nobody for AZ.

lmao @ the Cards. There isn't jack diddly for FA QBs and certainly none w/the upside of Mallet. But I guess taking some schlep TE instead made more sense

I never said Fitzpatrick is the answer at QB. I said that he's the least of there worries. What good does Mallett do you when you can use that third to invest it in a player that can help you now, all while allowing Fitz to be more than servicable, and drafting a QB in the next draft. And it doesn't matter if Mallett has huge upside or not if his line and supporting cast is crap.

Luck, Barkley, and the kid out of Arizona could all potentially be better prospects than the 2011 class. Everyone in this class is either a prospect or a character concern. Luck/Barkley aren't.

And I think the Cards believe in Skelton long term. I think they also believe that Bulger is good enough for them to compete for the West crown. After that it's a crapshoot in the playoffs. Remember, everyone thought Warner was done when he signed in Arizona.

They could have taken two players they were supposedly very high on predraft in Cam Jordan and Mark Ingram. Color me disappointed. Not surprised to see them go Oline because it's a big need without Light or Mankins signed, and Light being old even if he does come back.

Dline is a glaring need..sigh.

They could have taken two players they were supposedly very high on predraft in Cam Jordan and Mark Ingram. Color me disappointed. Not surprised to see them go Oline because it's a big need without Light or Mankins signed, and Light being old even if he does come back.

Dline is a glaring need..sigh.

Did someone on the Patriots staff say this? Or did some reporter say this making a prediction.