[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty rookie draft thread

Jackass

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't they both 3-4 LB's though? BTW, I think the Irving pick spells doom for DJ.

First off, Irving isn't guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup. There is still a highly productive Haggan in the mix, and Haggan can play both SLB and MLB. DJ Williams is a lock to start, but which LB position remains to be seen. He can and has played all 3 4-3 LB positions. I'm also struggling with DEN considering putting Doom & Miller on the same side. The only weakness in Miller's game is that he struggles to disengage at times. That would spell disaster if he were behind Doom, who is a liability against runs right at him.

So we could see a few different scenarios with no idea how it finally shakes out in the fall. Miller is locked on the outside, but whether Will or Sam is up for debate. Williams will be on the field starting somewhere. Haggan, Irving, Mays and deep darkhorse Lee Robinson look to fight it out for the final position, which figures to be either MLB or SLB, more probably MLB. Guessing Mays and Robinson to likely be the first 2 eliminated from the competition.

Edited by Bronco Billy

First off, Irving isn't guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup. There is still a highly productive Haggan in the mix, and Haggan can play both SLB and MLB. DJ Williams is a lock to start, but which LB position remains to be seen. He can and has played all 3 4-3 LB positions. I'm also struggling with DEN considering putting Doom & Miller on the same side. The only weakness in Miller's game is that he struggles to disengage at times. That would spell disaster if he were behind Doom, who is a liability against runs right at him.

So we could see a few different scenarios with no idea how it finally shakes out in the fall. Miller is locked on the outside, but whether Will or Sam is up for debate. Williams will be on the field starting somewhere. Haggan, Irving, Mays and deep darkhorse Lee Robinson look to fight it out for the final position, which figures to be either MLB or SLB. Guessing Mays and Robinson to likely be the first 2 eliminated from the competition.

Fox made the claim that DJ could potentially move to the Will position.

What's the scouting report on Alex Green (RB) - Green Bay Packers

I havent heard his anme mentioned at all but for some reason he has jumped up the charts by 50 spots on some list like this one http://www.fantasyfootballxtreme.com/fanta...layer-rankings/

to # 23 of all RB's in a dynasty setting ,, others have him jumping 20 to 34 spots ??

Green is a James Stark wannabe...hopefully someone in the rookie dynasty draft will blow a 2nd round pick on him, or at least an early 3rd. I wouldn't think about grabbing him until the 4th round...

I see him as more a 3rd-down COP back to replace B Jackson.

What's the scouting report on Alex Green (RB) - Green Bay Packers

I havent heard his anme mentioned at all but for some reason he has jumped up the charts by 50 spots on some list like this one http://www.fantasyfootballxtreme.com/fanta...layer-rankings/

to # 23 of all RB's in a dynasty setting ,, others have him jumping 20 to 34 spots ??

Big RB (6'-0 225 lbs) who also will catch out of the backfield. Big enough to get some tough yds between the tackles but his real value is as a receiver out of the backfield - great hands, runs great routes, understands how to get open vs man & zone coverage.

Not going to run away from anyone and does not attack the edge well, has issues with fumbling and will need to learn pass blocking vs LBs - willing and will attack DLs but has some work to do vs LBs/speed rushers.

BJ's right, this kid will push Brandon Jackson off the roster, will get a bit of work this coming year, but will likely be Starks' running mate in 2012 as Grant becomes a FA. He's in the right system, matches Starks very well, and will have time to learn. Very nice fit for the way GB uses its 2nd RB.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Big RB (6'-0 225 lbs) who also will catch out of the backfield. Big enough to get some tough yds between the tackles but his real value is as a receiver out of the backfield - great hands, runs great routes, understands how to get open vs man & zone coverage.

Not going to run away from anyone and does not attack the edge well, has issues with fumbling and will need to learn pass blocking vs LBs - willing and will attack DLs but has some work to do vs LBs/speed rushers.

BJ's right, this kid will push Brandon Jackson off the roster, will get a bit of work this coming year, but will likely be Starks' running mate in 2012 as Grant becomes a FA. He's in the right system, matches Starks very well, and will have time to learn. Very nice fit for the way GB uses its 2nd RB.

Awesome feed back ,,, I don't have the roster room for another project player in any of my dynasty leagues ,, still sitting on players like Golden Tate and McCluster from last year but just couldn't figure out what would of happened for any rookie to jump that far up the boards in 1 week ??