[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty rookie draft thread

Jackass

ok fine. it depends on league rules. in my league, there's often players on the waiver wire that can be had that would be of equal value. if your league is not like that, i suppose he has value. regardless that's not a very high ceiling for someone under consideration for a mid first round pick.

2 years ago in PPR leagues he was the #20 back on the year, and did it in about 12 games. And he didn't come out of nowhere.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have them (In PPR)

1- AJ Green He will be the man, and has the talent to dominate

2- Julio Jones Gut feeling is that this is cahnge in philosophy to reduce Turners carries by increasing the pass attempts

3- Ingram Still a hot mess of a ton of RBs. Timeshare this year, increasing in value after year one

4- Thomas Best opportunity for a RB in a run-happy system, plus they strengthened their oline

5- Ryan Williams Best of a bad bunch in the desert, shopuld rise to the top quickly.

6- Leshoure Smacks of RBBC, and Best will take away opportunities. Plus with Megatron and Pettigrew, sonly so many balls to go around in that offense now. (cant believe I said that about the Lions)

7- Baldwin Would be higher, but I have doubts on his focus. Could easily be a top 3 guy in PPR out of this class

8- Little Opportunity to be the #1 right away

9- Hankerson Lack of a QB is a worry.

then everyone else, as the QBs are too tough to rank until FA opens up and we see if they sit a year or start right away

Anyone who has ever watched Jahvid Best play at his highest ability knows that he needs 15 touches a game MAX.

Leshoure is there to pound the ball, Best will be the home run hitter.

Ala Duece McCallister/Reggie Bush.

I'm torn on if D Murray, for a team with a RB need should be taken at 7 or 8...Not Needing a future qb....

Jean Jauque Taylor of the Dallas Morning News believes after talking to some of the cowboys staff that DeMarco Murray isn't going to be a backup. They're saying that he's going to get a look at starter with Felix Jones filling in the Reggie role described above...

This is insane.

Ala Duece McCallister/Reggie Bush.

Jean Jauque Taylor of the Dallas Morning News believes after talking to some of the cowboys staff that DeMarco Murray isn't going to be a backup. They're saying that he's going to get a look at starter with Felix Jones filling in the Reggie role described above...

This is insane.

Look I love Murray and coming from my favorite college team to my favorite NFL, I love the pick. But there is no way Murray is going to start in Dallas. Murray is not dynamic as a runner, and goes down at first contact, not unlike Felix Jones early on. Both are fragile RBs, so neither could be a consistent 25-30 carry feature back. But Murray is going to be a weapon for Dallas,.

The way i see this is lining Murray up in the slot, as they did alot at OU. Or a 2 back set with both Jones and Murray in the backfield, and using either back to chip a pass rusher, and then catch the ball in space. Either of these backs in space could be a nightmare for defenses, like NO used Reggie Bush. But Dallas doesnt have a feature back right now, with Barber being cut soon. And Im worried about the running game without a feature back to run the clock out at the end fo the game. Dallas will probably follow in NO footsteps and draft a true feature back next year if this tandom can not finish games.

I do like the pick from a personel standpoint, and Murray will be a weapon next year, but I do not see him as a starting RB in the NFL. However, if these 2 could stay healthy, and one is in the game at all times, there will be an opportunity to score from anywhere on the field on any given play. Murray doesnt have elite speed, but he is elusive in space, and is an excellent pass catcher and blocker to protects Romo's ass. Instead of that joke of a NFL player Chris Gronkowski. Hell Dallas just drafted Gronkowskis replacement today in the 6th round. That idiot blew more blocking assignments than any player I have ever seen.

Edited by Brent

One thing that I think some people are missing is that Gonzo has said that this will be his last year ... Jones can learn from RWhite / Gonzo and be the 3rd target this year and become 1b next year ...

IMO.

One thing that I think some people are missing is that Gonzo has said that this will be his last year ... Jones can learn from RWhite / Gonzo and be the 3rd target this year and become 1b next year ...

IMO.

Hopefully White /Gonzo can teach him how to catch the 2-5 yd pass before he runs.

IMO.

I follow Gonzalez pretty close, having went to HS around the same time as he did, at a nearby HS. We even played against each other in a summer league game. Dude was a beast, and this was with him being a freshman or sophomore and me being a senior. :wacko:

Anyways, the guy is probably in the best shape of his life RIGHT NOW. I would surmise he probably has at least 2 or 3 more years in him.

JMO, but I think Julio Jones smacks of Donte Stallworth & Devery Henderson. If he had a hard time keeping his concentration and looking the ball in while in college, then he's going to have a tougher time in the pros. If I have to make the choice with the 3rd pick in the draft it won't be him.

JMO, but I think Julio Jones smacks of Donte Stallworth & Devery Henderson. If he had a hard time keeping his concentration and looking the ball in while in college, then he's going to have a tougher time in the pros. If I have to make the choice with the 3rd pick in the draft it won't be him.

I'd have a hard time using my first rounder on a WR2.

Look I love Murray and coming from my favorite college team to my favorite NFL, I love the pick. But there is no way Murray is going to start in Dallas. Murray is not dynamic as a runner, and goes down at first contact, not unlike Felix Jones early on. Both are fragile RBs, so neither could be a consistent 25-30 carry feature back. But Murray is going to be a weapon for Dallas,.

The way i see this is lining Murray up in the slot, as they did alot at OU. Or a 2 back set with both Jones and Murray in the backfield, and using either back to chip a pass rusher, and then catch the ball in space. Either of these backs in space could be a nightmare for defenses, like NO used Reggie Bush. But Dallas doesnt have a feature back right now, with Barber being cut soon. And Im worried about the running game without a feature back to run the clock out at the end fo the game. Dallas will probably follow in NO footsteps and draft a true feature back next year if this tandom can not finish games.

I do like the pick from a personel standpoint, and Murray will be a weapon next year, but I do not see him as a starting RB in the NFL. However, if these 2 could stay healthy, and one is in the game at all times, there will be an opportunity to score from anywhere on the field on any given play. Murray doesnt have elite speed, but he is elusive in space, and is an excellent pass catcher and blocker to protects Romo's ass. Instead of that joke of a NFL player Chris Gronkowski. Hell Dallas just drafted Gronkowskis replacement today in the 6th round. That idiot blew more blocking assignments than any player I have ever seen.

The real question in my mind is why they won't give Choice a legit shot at being the guy.

1. Ryan Williams

2. DeMarco Murray

3. AJ Green

4. LeShoure

5. Julio Jones

I could totally see Jones being the big hitter with Roddy going more toward a Chris Carter to Randy Moss from back in the day but am not ready to put that into rankings.

Under the radar:

WR - Hankerson

WR - Torrey Smith

Sleeper:

RB - Evan Royster

WR - DeMarco Sampson

Depending on how things work out in Washington, I could see Helu getting a shot and being productive. I don't play in any rookie dynasty leagues so I don't know how big the rosters are for sleepers like that, but I've seen Helu run in college and he can blaze if he is healthy and I think the Shanahan one cut system will do well for him.

Depending on how things work out in Washington, I could see Helu getting a shot and being productive. I don't play in any rookie dynasty leagues so I don't know how big the rosters are for sleepers like that, but I've seen Helu run in college and he can blaze if he is healthy and I think the Shanahan one cut system will do well for him.

I was thinking the same thing, but being the Shanahan system means that he'll be sharing a lot of carries with the other backs. So far no one seems to be talking about him, so I'd be willing to take a flyer on him and see if he can rise to the top in Washington.

Ongoing 14 teamer, start 20 IDP (I'll try to keep updating periodically):

Pick Selection

1.01 Green, A.J. CIN WR ®

1.02 Ingram, Mark NOS RB ®

1.03 Leshoure, Mikel DET RB ®

1.04 Williams, Ryan ARI RB ®

1.05 Jones, Julio ATL WR ®

1.06 Thomas, Daniel MIA RB ®

1.07 Little, Greg CLE WR ®

1.08 Newton, Cam CAR QB ®

1.09 Miller, Von DEN LB ®

1.10 Locker, Jake TEN QB ®

1.11 Cobb, Patrick GB WR ®

1.12 Vereen, Shane NE RB ®

1.13 Baldwin, Jon KC WR ®

1.14 Brown, Vincent SD WR ®

2.01 Hankerson, Leonard WR WAS ®

2.02 Smith, Torrey WR BAL ®

2.03 Kaepernick, Colin QB SF ®

2.04 Hunter, Kendall RB SF ®

2.05 Helu, Roy RB WAS ®

2.06 Dalton, Andy QB CIN ®

2.07 Gabbert, Blaine QB JAX ®

2.08 Young, Titus WR DET ®

2.09 Ponder, Christian QB MIN ®

2.10 Kendricks, Lance TE STL ®

2.11 Quinn, Robert DE STL ®

2.12 Green, Alex RB GB ®

2.13 Murray, DeMarco RB DAL ®

2.14 Rodgers, Jacquizz RB ATL ®

3.01 Rudolph, Kyle TE MIN ®

3.02 Fairley, Nick DT DET ®

3.03 Carter, Delone RB IND ®

3.04 Irving, Nate LB DEN ®

3.05 Bowers, Da'Quan DE TB ®

3.06 Salas, Greg WR STL ®

3.07 Carter, Bruce LB DAL ®

3.08 Mallet, Ryan QB NE ®

3.09 Doss, Tandon WR BAL ®

3.10 Foster, Mason LB TB ®

3.11 Jordan, Cameron DE NO ®

3.12 Smith, Aldon LB SF ®

3.13 Sheard, Jabaal DE CLE ®

3.12 Gates, Edmond WR MIA ®

4.01 Clayborn, Adrain DE TB ®

4.02 Stanzi, Ricky QB KC ®

4.03 Mouton, Jonas LB SD ®

4.04 Jones, Greg LB NYG ®

4.05 Ayers, Akeem LB TEN ®

4.06 Jones, Taiwan OAK RB ®

4.07 Powell, Bilal NYJ RB ®

4.08 Sheppard, Kelvin BUF LB ®

4.09 Moore, Rahim DEN S ®

4.10 McElroy, Greg NYJ QB ®

4.11 Kerrigan, Ryan WAS DE ®

4.12 Watt, J.J. HOU DE ®

4.13 Pettis, Austin STL WR ®

4.14 Jernigan, Jerrel NYG WR ®

5.01 Housler, Robert ARI TE ®

5.02 Heyward, Cameron PIT DE ®

5.03 Jarrett, Jaiquawn PHI S ®

5.04 Peterson, Patrick ARI CB ®

5.05 Hogue, Douglas DET LB ®

5.06 Reed, Brooks HOU LB ®

5.07 Acho, Sam ARI LB ®

5.08 Smith, Jimmy BAL CB ®

5.09 Moch, Dontay CIN DE ®

5.10 Pilares, Kealoha CAR WR ®

5.11 Wilson, Martez NOS LB ®

Edited by Bronco Billy

Slow draft, 14 teams. 6 rounds. Free agents + rookies. Non-PPR, Non-IDP

1.01 RB Ingram, NO

1.02 RB Thomas, MIA

1.03 WR Green, CIN

1.04 RB LeShoure, DET

1.05 RB WIlliams, ARI

1.06 WR Jones, ATL

1.07 QB Newton, CAR

1.08 WR Baldwin, KC

1.09 RB Helu, WAS

1.10 QB Gabbert, JAC

1.11 RB Murray, DAL

1.12 RB Vereen, NE

1.13 WR Little, CLE

1.14 RB Hunter, SF

2.01 RB Green, GB

2.02 RB Jones, OAK

2.03 RB Carter, IND

2.04 WR Pettis, STL

2.05 WR Young, DET

2.06 RB Todman, SD

2.07 RB Powell, NYJ

2.08 On the clock...

Edited by Riffraff

Pick Selection

1.10 Locker, Jake TEN QB ®

1.11 Cobb, Patrick GB WR ®

1.12 Vereen, Shane NE RB ®

1.13 Baldwin, Jon KC WR ®

1.14 Brown, Vincent SD WR ®

Full disclosure demands that you let them know that the owners in this league include several simpletons (Not like BR simple, but simple nonetheless), multiple drunks and drug abusers, and three guys with closed head injuries. Not to brag, but I fit into each category.

Pick Selection

:wacko:

Full disclosure demands that you let them know that the owners in this league include several simpletons (Not like BR simple, but simple nonetheless), multiple drunks and drug abusers, and three guys with closed head injuries. Not to brag, but I fit into each category.

Now it makes sense, unless this is a 10 pt. per sack league, of course.

:wacko:

Now it makes sense, unless this is a 10 pt. per sack league, of course.

Some guys believe that a stud is a stud, no matter where you put him on the field. Miller is going to be a 3-down LB and will be putting his hand on the ground and rushing off the LoS on passing situations. The guy put up phenominal TFL numbers at A&M. That ought to translate into LB2 stats at a minimum, with some upside.

ETA - wasn't my pick, btw

Edited by Bronco Billy

Some guys believe that a stud is a stud, no matter where you put him on the field. Miller is going to be a 3-down LB and will be putting his hand on the ground and rushing off the LoS on passing situations. The guy put up phenominal TFL numbers at A&M. That ought to translate into LB2 stats at a minimum, with some upside.

Plus, we don't know yet how the LBs in Denver will line up. If he's playing the Will in Fox's 4-3, that has the potential to be nice production. If he's the SAM, not so much, but I have read some concerns about his size and his ability to play the SAM

I have my doubts whether Miller will even be the top fantasy point producing rookie LB on the Broncos this year.