[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take cover Twiley.

Choppy

Bad storms doing damage on their way towards the Lou. I'm sure you're on top of things but thought I'd throw this out. Hunker down and good luck.

UPDATE

Weather channel is reporting that the twister bounced of some dudes ripped abs and went down the sewer :wacko:

I went to college about 20 minutes west of Joplin. Word right now is really, really bad. Half the town gone. This is a city of 50,000 people.

:wacko:

are they mostly slabs or basements down there for people ta take cover

My brother in law lives less than 5 miles away from us and they got hit by the tornado in Forest Lake. Tore shingles off the roof, blew out a window in his daughter's bedroom, and tore the downspout off the house. Their trampoline is a wreck, they lost about 15 trees (we were over there last night cutting them up and got about 9 of them done), and their neighbors pole barn had it's roof torn off and deposited in their yard. Fortunately nobody was hurt and none of the trees fell on the house - so house damage was limited to what I mentioned.

Oh, and they have a sizeable storage shed/wood crib that was moved about 6 inches. :wacko:

Storm just whipped through STL - 55,000 without power.

WTF.

...including my office (@ Olive & 141). No power, can't VPN, can't use OWA either since mail server is onsite too. One hour of no power, and it's "work" from home the rest of today. :wacko:

At some point, I noticed the complete and utter blackness outside. Like it was midnight. "Huh. Wouldja lookit that."

The town that I grew up in had some damage. There were tornadoes reported both a few miles North and a few miles South of my home place. Near the MN/IA border. Also less than 10 miles from where I now live. The wife went downstairs but I never felt like I was in danger at my house.

link

Edited by MikesVikes

This is starting here in the Pacific Norhwest where I live. Series after series of cold fronts out of the Gulf of Alaska you typically only see in the winter. I skied last Wednesday and Thursday in 10 inches of new powder. It ain't over. Forecast all week here is rain/snow mix here on the desert floor, and snow in the mountains. Normal temps this time of the year is 70 degrees and we haven't reached 70 degrees yet in May. I had a 45 minute frost delay on the golf course today. As these cold fronts march across the country, if it merges with warm air from the the southern gulf, you are in for more rounds of this in the Midwest.

This is starting here in the Pacific Norhwest where I live. Series after series of cold fronts out of the Gulf of Alaska you typically only see in the winter. I skied last Wednesday and Thursday in 10 inches of new powder. It ain't over. Forecast all week here is rain/snow mix here on the desert floor, and snow in the mountains. Normal temps this time of the year is 70 degrees and we haven't reached 70 degrees yet in May. I had a 45 minute frost delay on the golf course today. As these cold fronts march across the country, if it merges with warm air from the the southern gulf, you are in for more rounds of this in the Midwest.

Yeah, there is supposed to be another wave of bad weather around here in the next couple of days.

Yeah, there is supposed to be another wave of bad weather around here in the next couple of days.

I just saw our 7 day forecast. Temps 20-25 degrees below normal and precip every day. This is our dry season from May-October. The Gulf of Alaska colliding with the Gulf of Mexico is not a good thing for the south and the Midwest.

STL is getting pummeled right now. Numerous rotations, nothing confirmed on the ground yet.

ETA: Numerous touchdowns all over the state today though.

Yeah, a similar storm came through KC around lunchtime today. Pretty wild.

We got really lucky these things didn't actually materialize into a big tornado, because that storm went right through most of the metro area.

Edited by Chief Dick