[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soon to be released videos reveal Hollywood pushes a liberal stance to its viewers

tazinib1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness me. Pacifist messages in MASH? Ant-Guns in MacGuyver. Oh the humanity.

It doesn't seem to me like they'd be against all the right, just the Bible thumpers and those with a social agenda.

There'd be no gays, mixed couples, kissing before marriage, etc on television (except as examples of people who are crazed on drugs and into acts of man on beast) if social conservatives got more involved in Hollywood.

There'd be no gays, mixed couples, kissing before marriage, etc on television (except as examples of people who are crazed on drugs and into acts of man on beast) if social conservatives got more involved in Hollywood.

:wacko: that is sooooo stereotypical..... and true

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

I guess I always assumed the liberals did the comedy sitcom type stuff and the conservatives did the cop shows. :wacko:

I'd be surprised how much really this is to do about anything though. I mean Hollywood uses soulless, drug addled, frackups like Charlie Sheen to make money. It's not surprising that they aren't really the moral compass of a nation.

I guess I always assumed the liberals did the comedy sitcom type stuff and the conservatives did the cop shows. :wacko:

I'd be surprised how much really this is to do about anything though. I mean Hollywood uses soulless, drug addled, frackups like Charlie Sheen to make money. It's not surprising that they aren't really the moral compass of a nation.

Some of my best friends used to be soulless, drug addled, fu(kups. I kinda miss those days every now and then. Nothing like some dude really messed up on some drugs to make you laugh, seriously, follow a crackhead around downtown ______________ (insert City), you'll laugh your ass off.

A couple things, this guy is selling a book so of course he's throwing around titillating facts. But even with this deluding themselves into thinning they're more influential than they really are(big surprise there) they are missing the unassailable fact: all the corporations they show their stuff on are conservative by and large. They're corporations so they have to be, a corporation is not goin to aggressively go after the status quo ever. CBS is the perfect example: Yes someone liberal like Rather can work for them but in the end they'd kill any story that threatened the bread and butter of Viacom. NBC was one of the worst until recently (and GE selling them off). That's an important distinction missed in all the back patting in the article (and will no doubt be missed by some here).

Well, of course nobody is surprised by this but that doesn't make it acceptable IMO. If the top executives from any other industry were collectively taped proudly exclaming their hiring biases based upon a certain political ideology there would most likely be some pretty serious consequences, especially if anyone was admitting to specifically not hiring Democrats.

Well, of course nobody is surprised by this but that doesn't make it acceptable IMO. If the top executives from any other industry were collectively taped proudly exclaming their hiring biases based upon a certain political ideology there would most likely be some pretty serious consequences, especially if anyone was admitting to specifically not hiring Democrats.

I didn't see any "top executives" quoted, just a couple of show runners, producers and an actor or two. Of course this doesn't explain Fred Thompson...

And I'll bet Wall Street is filled with patchouli wearing execs. :wacko:

ETA - the headline says top executives but google all the names mentioned and they're all head writers, not company executives like you would think.

Edited by Pope Flick

Well, of course nobody is surprised by this but that doesn't make it acceptable IMO.

It simply isn't acceptable Hollywood writers tend to be liberal and take pot shots at Newt Gingrich and his anti-gay stance. Something must be done about it. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

yeah maybe we could demand "equal time" and call it the "fairness doctrine" :wacko:

When they do this will it give me an equal opportunity to publicly express my love of feasting on chicken naked, while covered in a thin layer of vaseline and promoting world peace through having orgies and spreading the wealth by taxing organic farmers at 90%?

When they do this will it give me an equal opportunity to publicly express my love of feasting on chicken naked, while covered in a thin layer of vaseline and promoting world peace through having orgies and spreading the wealth by taxing organic farmers at 90%?

I'm not sure if that is an officially designated minority status or not, but if not there is an application you can fill out.

It simply isn't acceptable Hollywood writers tend to be liberal and take pot shots at Newt Gingrich and his anti-gay stance. Something must be done about it. :wacko:

Isn't living in California suffering enough?

I'm not sure if that is an officially designated minority status or not, but if not there is an application you can fill out.

I'm 1/8 Native American, 1/16 black, 1/16 Mexican, 1/8 Arab, 1/8 Spanish, 1/8 Polish, 1/16 Jewish, 1/16 Dutch, 1/16 Italian, 1/16 French and 1/8 Bosnian (No Irish, thank god.) Does that qualify me as a minority?

I'm 1/8 Native American, 1/16 black, 1/16 Mexican, 1/8 Arab, 1/8 Spanish, 1/8 Polish, 1/16 Jewish, 1/16 Dutch, 1/16 Italian, 1/16 French and 1/8 Bosnian (No Irish, thank god.) Does that qualify me as a minority?

Sorry...being lazy is no longer in the minority. Going by your number and by my math, it looks like you're about 88.54% lazy.

The 1/8 native is enough to get you minority status