[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Motion controlled video games

SayItAintSoJoe

It seemed like for a while the big push in home video game units was motion controlled video games like the wii, x box connect, etc. We’ve got the wii (w/ wii fit) and the xbox connect at my house but it seems like no one uses them. Sure we all used them at first but after the whole novelty wore off it was back to just your standard game controller type video games where you just sit down and play.

I'm just curious, is any household out there still using the motion controlled games after owning it for a while?

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

I still use my Wii, but I haven't had it all that long....maybe a year....and the kids are still really young (2-1/2 & 10 months), so we'll probably still get some good years out of it as they get older.

I also have X-box, X-box 360 and PS3, so we'll see which one the kids gravitate toward. Probably the Wii first, though...

We have a Wii and a PS3.

My younger set still likes the Wii (ages 5, 7 & 9), but my oldest prefers the better graphics and superior online play that the PS3 offers.

I do jump in and bowl or play baseball with my kids once in a while....but its definitely not something they fight over anymore. I will say Mario Kart and Little League World Series are two games that are significantly better on the Wii, regardless of the graphics.

I'll respond to your question. :wacko:

I don't have s motion controlled console, but I know those that do. I have tried some of the games. I think that they are a novelty, but I admit that I don't understand the allure. (Is electronic bowling that much better when you pretend to throw a bowling ball instead of pushing a button and moving a stick.?)

I think that, at least at present, those things are for kids. The games are limited. I don't know how they will incoporate that technology into the mature games. And I don't want to have to jump around like a Kansas City f*ggot when I play my xBox 360.

we have the wii, kinect and playstation move here and the only games the kinds play are on the wii and sometimes on the move....I also find the move to be the best out of the three as the kinect is about a generation ahead of it's time because it has trouble reading children that are too small...

Santa brought the Kinect this year. We have had a few gatherings where the adults and kids will have a great time with Dance Central.

We've had the Wii for a few years and I enjoy the Sports games that came with it. I haven't played much else on it.

So for me it's a good thing to do when people are over...especially when drinking. :wacko:

It's a major fad because gaming companies are not willing to spend big money developing motion games when they could be releasing the next Grand Theft Auto or FPS.

Well, I've played through 4 fps games on the wii and I dare say I enjoyed them all, they are far more challenging than a standard controller with the gunsight locked right in the middle of the screen. I play RE4, CoD world at War & BO and Quantum of Solace. RE was by far the best but the others were fine as well. I recommend checking those games on the wii if you like fps.

Edited by Pope Flick

I think it's a stepping stone more than anything. The first step in the future of gaming. The technology simply hasn't been developed enough yet. We all know where this is going. In ten years we'll be playing 22 man virtual football. The technology is still "buggy" and doesn't feel smooth. But this is 1st generation.

It may just be me but I don't want to run down a million hallways with a plastic gun with a blue cork on the end while playing F3AR. I'm immersed enough with a controller.

Well I won't recommend those adaptors but don't knock the wii fps until you try them: you can run to your left and have your sights in the top right corner at the same time. It's actually more realistic. And some of those gun adaptive block buttons so yeah don't use them.