[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do you waste money on?

mrip

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for you food snobs... how much do you typically drop on a really nice dinner out?

If it's just the two of us we routinely drop $150 before tax, tip, and booze. It's tough to have a "really nice dinner" when we bring the kids, but we usually end up spending about the same because they eat more but we drink less. Obviously, that's not the case when we go out for pizza or Mexican, etc.

for you food snobs... how much do you typically drop on a really nice dinner out?

It depends on what you quantify that as.

Anniversary type dinner can be 200+ bucks per person easy if we go into Chicago.

Once a month "date night" style dinner is around 100 bucks per person if we stay local and depending on the booze.

Good grief. I've never spent more than about $100 total on a meal, and that only once (and it was a great meal but I walked away not even full). To each their own, I just never got dropping that kind of $ for a meal. I guess I'm just easy to please food-wise.

Been trying to take the family to lots of national parks.

That's a waste?

It depends on what you quantify that as.

Anniversary type dinner can be 200+ bucks per person easy if we go into Chicago.

Once a month "date night" style dinner is around 100 bucks per person if we stay local and depending on the booze.

the most I have spent was around a little over 250 after the tip at a nice Italian restaurant in downtown Philly...Ralph's Restaurant..

this was at least 5 years ago though and I can't recall the exact meal but definitely liked the spaghetti with lobster tail and whatever sauce they used that consisted of white wine I think, but I could be off....

when it's time to eat, I don't monkey around...

I think we like it more than they do. But they'll appreciate good food over fast food if I have to beat it into them.

exactly and it's good that you can afford that as well because I know people who give into their children crying for McDonalds...I would not do the same...

I would sooner give them ice cream for dinner than McDonalds and ice cream is obviously not an option for dinner :wacko:

If it's just the two of us we routinely drop $150 before tax, tip, and booze. It's tough to have a "really nice dinner" when we bring the kids, but we usually end up spending about the same because they eat more but we drink less. Obviously, that's not the case when we go out for pizza or Mexican, etc.

how do you spend $150 before tax tip and booze for two people? that seems almost impossible.

Nothing really, Jr. and I do jiu jitsu so that's probably the closest waste we have. But its still cheaper than the meds to beat back my high blood and cholesterol.

how do you spend $150 before tax tip and booze for two people? that seems almost impossible.

You get a couple apps. She get's a salad; me a soup. Two nice entrees; I'll get a $40 steak, for example. Coffee and desert after.