[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me with anniversary gift for my wife

Big Country

Fellas -

Need your input here. Looking for anniversary gift for my wife. we had our third and last child in December, so I am planning on going something around birthstones, and looking at something like this.

I had a couple questions though -

Should I go with 3 stones - one for each kid, or 5 stones - each kid plus my wife and I?

What order should the stones be in: i.e - if 3 stones - go oldest to youngest left to right, if 5 stones, where do I put the stone for me, my wife, kids?

So, looking to you all for some opinions and insight into this. Assuming I go with this piece, need to get the order in soon to be able to have it in time for our anniversary.

If I don't go this route, any other ideas out there?

Don't order them, they come loose so she can put them in the order that she wants. Also, only get the three, you can always buys the next two some other time that you are at a loss for what to get her.

Don't order them, they come loose so she can put them in the order that she wants. Also, only get the three, you can always buys the next two some other time that you are at a loss for what to get her.

The musings of a wise man...

While I agree with the wiseness and frugality of it all, I was thinking that you get all 5.

Start with your stone, then hers, then each child by birth. Gives you the story to tell as you give it to her. First I was alone, blah blah blah, then I finally met you, blah blah blah, just when I thought I had it all... _____ (Child #1) came along. Blah blah blah.. child 2, etc.

Tears are flowing and she'll have the best "He went to Jared" moment that will be the envy of all her friends.

You get some, possibly some more, and when she's out showing it off to her friends, you'll get some peace and quiet.

Edited by Riffraff

I got my wife one of the rings like that for Christmas or anniversary a few years ago. Still the best gift I ever got her. I got hers with 4 stones for all 4 of us or I had a 4th added when the 2nd kid ws born. Honestly, you will not be able to screw this up. :wacko:

Edited by Clubfoothead

While I agree with the wiseness and frugality of it all, I was thinking that you get all 5.

Start with your stone, then hers, then each child by birth. Gives you the story to tell as you give it to her. First I was alone, blah blah blah, then I finally met you, blah blah blah, just when I thought I had it all... _____ (Child #1) came along. Blah blah blah.. child 2, etc.

Tears are flowing and she'll have the best "He went to Jared" moment that will be the envy of all her friends.

You get some, possibly some more, and when she's out showing it off to her friends, you'll get some peace and quiet.

Dude you want to write my next anniversary card for me :wacko:

List of Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts

1st Paper

2nd Cotton

3rd Leather

4th Linen

5th Wood

6th Iron

7th Wool

8th Bronze

9th Pottery

10th Tin

11th Steel

12th Silk

13th Lace

14th Ivory

15th Crystal

20th China

25th Silver

30th Pearl

35th Coral

40th Ruby

45th Sapphire

50th Gold

55th Emerald

60th Diamond

refashioned silverware - that piece looks heavy - seriously though, I like the idea of being able to add to a collection with more pieces of the suite, i.e. bracelette, earrings, etc. to spend that much money I would go with the Yurman dogtag and engrave the back, unless your wife doesn't like Yurman or have any Yurman already.

My reasoning also includes that an item like the Dogtag can be worn with anyting 24/7, from to dinner or just to the swimming pool (dog tag hot with bikini). Plus it has a rock star look. Below is the pink one, but Yurman has a bunch of tags on his website, AND, maybe she can return the favor and get you a man's dogtag for xmas or whatever.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/10/09/pretty-pi...urman-dog-tags/

Edited by Scooby's Hubby