[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Grant not a lock o make team?!?!?

keggerz

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When judging Starks ability I think it's worthwhile to remember that he didn't play his senor year, so last year he was knocking some rust off and getting back into the football grind.

Now he enters this season rough and ready, and with some confidence in his game...

Hey! For an illegal, Chavez has intergrated into US society very well. He even understands that footballs are oblong, not round.

I still haven't figured out what they stuff them full of, though.

see either one of 'em miss any blocks? :wacko:

Looks like Starks missed an assignment that got him a talkin to from Rodgers.

I thought it was a somewhat lame display by both Grant and Starks. Right now, Starks looks like the passing down back with Grant as the pound it out back.

I said this earlier, but I still don't think either is the long term starting solution for our team. Too early to tell with Green.

Just my two cents here, I'm not going to quote beat writers... :tup:

As a Packer fan I am very encouraged. Obviously with Grant back, even if not fully, and with the emergence of Starks, the running game should be substantially improved from last year. Bless Jackson, but he just did not have it.

Green looks to maybe be an interesting occassional alternative, Kuhn is still around, and Nance and Saine are both interesting if unspectacular.

With Finley likely to back up safeties a little more, and to put some stress on L.B.s as well, and with the Bulaga whale having a year to grow, I think the Packers may actually have a serviceable running game again. Yes they ran last year to keep defenses honest, but in spite of Mcarthy's assertions it was not really serviceable.

My belief. I believe the pre-injury Grant is better than the Starks we saw at the end of last year. I don't believe, however, that Grant has returned to his earlier form. Close, but not quite. I also believe Starks is going to continue to emerge. I suspect this is Stark's to lose at this point, but if he allows Aaron to get planted one more time that may lose it for him.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Well, I'm guessing based upoin what we've seen and heard so far that Grant is the starter and that Starks is his regular relief and the 3rd down RB this year.

I'm guessing a typical box score would look something like Grant with 15 carries for 64 yds and 1 catch for 7 yds, with Starks getting 6 carries for 30 yds and 3 catches for 26 yds. I'd also guess that both guys will score about a TD every other game.

So by the end of the year running like that, you'd see these kinds of numbers:

Grant 240 carries 1024 yds rushing 16 catches 112 yds receiving 8 total TDs

Starks 96 carries 480 yds rushing 48 catches 420 yds receiving 8 total TDs

In other words, in a 0.5/catch ppr league they'll be almost exactly equivalent.

However, that would make Starks the better value since his ADP is about 3 rounds lower than Grant's, and given how they've looked so far Starks has the greater upside for a bigger workload, since Grant looks like he is struggling just a little and Starks figures to get better as the season progresses.

That would sway me towards Starks being the guy I would target in a FF draft.

Well, I'm guessing based upoin what we've seen and heard so far that Grant is the starter and that Starks is his regular relief and the 3rd down RB this year.

I'm guessing a typical box score would look something like Grant with 15 carries for 64 yds and 1 catch for 7 yds, with Starks getting 6 carries for 30 yds and 3 catches for 26 yds. I'd also guess that both guys will score about a TD every other game.

So by the end of the year running like that, you'd see these kinds of numbers:

Grant 240 carries 1024 yds rushing 16 catches 112 yds receiving 8 total TDs

Starks 96 carries 480 yds rushing 48 catches 420 yds receiving 8 total TDs

In other words, in a 0.5/catch ppr league they'll be almost exactly equivalent.

However, that would make Starks the better value since his ADP is about 3 rounds lower than Grant's, and given how they've looked so far Starks has the greater upside for a bigger workload, since Grant looks like he is struggling just a little and Starks figures to get better as the season progresses.

That would sway me towards Starks being the guy I would target in a FF draft.

:wacko: glad you came to conclusion

Let's look at this O that Thompson has built:

He's surrounded his best weapon - Rodgers - with the best all around WR corps in the NFL: Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, and Nelson. He's got a superb TE group with Finley, Quarles, and now Williams. Two of those TEs can flex to the outside on any given play, Finley and Williams. Two of those TEs can flex into the backfield so they can run power on any play, Quarles and Williams.

Teams will be forced to play nickel packages all game against GB with that WR/TE group, so GB doesn't need a bell cow RB - the seams in the running games will be much wider and that allows Grant, Starks, and now Green room to run as well as giving the O-line better angles. GB only needs RBs capable of gaining 4.2 to 4.3 ypc to make the O function seamlessly all over the field, and all three RBs have different skill sets that can be used different ways vs matchups.

The O-line now has depth and will have easier assignments with the D forced to play back from the LoS at the 2nd and 3rd levels, and their prize 1st round OT can learn by playing both OG and OT. They have a great FB in Kuhn and have depth behind him with the TEs capable of flexing in.

Hell, they even have quality depth behind Rodgers with Flynn and Harrell - both of whom look like they belong in the NFL.

This is an offense primed to be the best in the NFL and can take advantage of any weakness in opposing Ds. Power backfields, 5 wides - they can run anything with the starting personnel they have on the field. Ds won't have the ability to take anything away from the O without surrendering severe mismatches elsewhere.

This is nothing short of brilliance, and this team is completely capable of defending its title. They've done the same thing on D, putting together very good units in bunches without an uber-stud anywhere on the field except perhaps Woodson.

Loaded team, simply loaded, and can come at opponents in waves. Lose a couple of pieces through FA next year? Just reload from the vets you have and add the BPA at every round in the draft.

This could be the next dynasty that's been assembled here. Nothing but top quality play for the foreseeaable future.

Edited by Bronco Billy