[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurricane Irene

keggerz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda crazy, we just moved this week and our old house is directly in the path of this storm. I was feeling really fortunate for a minute, then remembered the closing on that house isn't until Sept. 9. :wacko:

Guess I better call my insurance agent up there and see how we're covered in case there is damage. I've been so preoccupied with unpacking that I haven't been following this storm at all.

My daughter should be home from college (UNC Wilmington :tup: ) by 2 this afternoon. She didn't want to miss her class this morning... :wacko:

She wanted me to let you know that she'll be pushed back to 2:03... :lol:

It's never wise to visit without calling when a storm is brewing.

Yeah, was on a tight schedule. Got back to my hotel around 9:30 last night and am back at the airport this a.m. heading home. Believe me, if I had some free time I would have given you a shout. :wacko:

Logged into my County email to see if there were any updates for my area and there was a chart that showed that this area will have basically sustained winds from 46MPH to 60MPH for a 24 hour period and there was a blurb saying gusts would be much more powerful but didn't give any MPH to expect

50+ MPH sustained for 24 hours sounds crazy

Edit: Monday is the anniversary for Katrina too :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

Hampton just issued mandatory evacuation of low lying areas

I am not in a low lying area although there is water nearby. Who doesn't live near water in Hampton Roads? I have never had any problems with water but I do worry about trees falling and loss of electricity. The last major hurricane I lost one pine tree (fell away from house) and was without electricity for 2 weeks. I was fortunate that I did not lose water or gas (for hot water & cooking) to the house.

Edited by Footballjoe

I am not in a low lying area although there is water nearby. Who doesn't live near water in Hampton Roads? I have never had any problems with water but I do worry about trees falling and loss of electricity. The last major hurricane I lost one pine tree (fell away from house) and was without electricity for 2 weeks. I was fortunate that I did not lose water or gas (for hot water & cooking) to the house.

good luck and stay safe

Good luck everybody. I just got some Smithwicks. Does that count as storm preperation ?

THAT is preparation "S". I think YOU'D be better off with Preparation "H"

Very happy my daughter's soccer tournament was just cancelled. We would've been on south shore of LI in Massapequa, LI all weekend. I guess they wanted to cancel the whole thing as people were scheduled to travel in from all-over the region.

Prince George's County, Maryland - smack dab between the Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River in a city called Bowie.

Know where you mean, drove by it a few times going up n down 295. Wow worse power co. than VA, that's gotta blow.

Good luck everybody. I just got some Smithwicks. Does that count as storm preperation ?

Yep. booze = prepared.

Hampton just issued mandatory evacuation of low lying areas

Pls go south. Farther the better. I suggest LA.

g/l all

She's here!

When I went to bed at 3am it was just starting to rain very lightly outside and the wind was a light breeze....not so right now...a gust is what actually woke me up...my satellite is down so no tv (weather channel)....according to weather underground winds are calm but we have had gusts up to 69.5 mph...I also noticed that the clock on the stove is out so that means we lost power at some point in the past 4 hours...but at least it is on for now...i am not sure but gonna see if I can watch the weather channel from DTV's site or something like that...if not would appreciate any updates that can be given from anyone that has the weather channel on....for those that don't know I am in the Hampton roads part of VA (Norfolk is about 45 mins SE)

Stay safe everyone!

Edited by keggerz