[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Given the chance to pick anywhere in a 12 person draft...

Duchess Jack

I would love the #4 pick...chance are Foster, AP, and either Charles or Rice go ahead of you and you grab either Charles or Rice (the remaining one)....5 is a bad slot since Foster, AP, Charles, Rice are prolly gone and you have to consider Mr. Holdout. Anything later and you miss out on getting a true stud RB with virtually no questions

I always like picking in the middle, where you only have to wait about a round for each pick... I always find I can scoop value up this way (this year I'll take any of the top 6 backs, and take a great WR or RB in round 2), rahter than feeling like you have to reach on some picks, with a long time in between them... But in PPR, I've been doing really well this year picking at the end of round 1. I just got Calvin and Forte in one draft from this position and couldn't be happier...

But really, I'll pick just about anywhere this year in particular, as the tradeoff in first round position seems to be balanced with great second round options if you don't get a high pick.

I am liking the seventh pick with the following options of falling to me

Rice, Peterson, Foster, McCoy, Charles, Mendenhall, CJ

and a wrap around of Fitz, Austin and Rogers

I'm guessing only Mendy and McCoy make it to you in the first and that Fitz will not be there for you in the 2nd.

I've always been a fan of middle to late pick in the first. My ideal position is 7 or 8 in a 12 team. But I'm happy with anything in the 6-12 spot.

Generally considered the "stinkhole". Interesting :wacko:

I think a savvy owner can build a good team from any spot, so I dont think there is necessarily one that I covet significantly more than others. That said, if I am not in the top 4-5, I would just as soon be 11 or 12.

Tues night I picked 12th (of 12) and got Calvin Johnson at 1.12 and Mendenhall at 2.1. I can live with that.

I think a savvy owner can build a good team from any spot, so I dont think there is necessarily one that I covet significantly more than others. That said, if I am not in the top 4-5, I would just as soon be 11 or 12.

Tues night I picked 12th (of 12) and got Calvin Johnson at 1.12 and Mendenhall at 2.1. I can live with that.

Agreed. Was just discussing this with a co-worker who is also into fantasy. He has a draft tonight and we were discussing his ideal draft spot. At the end of the conversation I came to the conclusion that there isn't really a bad spot, imo. Unless there's a top guy I really want, I guess I try to avoid the edges but at the end of the day, I will make it work no matter where I draft from. And that's the same every year.

If I had the choice, I sit one & take Foster. After that, to the back of the line & grab the WRs. I had the 2nd choice in an 18 teamer, #1 was gone & didn't want to take a chance that Foster went first, he did. I took the 12th seat. Didn't go WR because it is QB heavy.

Drafted 11th last night in a 12 man re-draft and wound up with L.McCoy / C.Johnson / R.Wayne. Was hoping for L.Blount in the 3rd but someone snapped him up. Did get B.Tate in round 14.

Edited by MothAudio

I like the three spot. You get a stud running back, and come back around quickly for pick 3. You also have the opportunity to box out players one and two with only four picks in between.

I would say the same except with the Arian Foster injury Im leery of the 3rd spot. Id say the 2nd pick is better now and take Rice there.

i have never lost a redraft drafting in the 8th spot. unfortunatly i can't seem to land that spot very often. I like the 12 spot also but havent had nearly the same luck as the 8th. I have never won drafting in the top 3 ever.

Also had the 12th pick and selected the same exact two players as you (Megatron and Mendy). I grabbed Romo in the third and luckily was able to pick up Ingram, S.Greene, S.Holmes, Bush, and Stevie Johnson in subsequent rounds. I was very nervous about picking 12th this year in my PPR league, but it worked out.

I've always hated 5-9, I'm usually pretty bummed if I land there. You miss out on the elite RBs, and I keep finding myself just one or two picks late for all my favorite players in each round in mocks. 2 is my favorite spot this year, because I am completely in love with Ray Rice's prospects. Wouldn't ya know, I was stuck with 5th and 6th in my two leauges... :wacko: