[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wish Spain was here to refute my ridiculous claim...

Puddy

I may be the only one in Detroit that acknowledges that last night's game against New England was just an exhibition game that can't be used as a measuring stick.

:tup:

IMO it is a measuring stick that the Lions are a different team with Stafford and a defense that has improved each year.....Lions could win the NFC North if they can split with Green Bay, Bears and beat the Viqueens both times....they have a pretty nice schedule and think they win in the playoffs just missing the NFC Championship!! Remember you saw it here :wacko:

I may be the only one in Detroit that acknowledges that last night's game against New England was just an exhibition game that can't be used as a measuring stick.

:wacko:

I think you can glean something from the game. Do I think they are better than the Patriots because they routed them? No. Do I believe what I've watched from the first team offense and defense so far warrants my outlandish claim? Yes.

My only reason for pause is a big one...the running game. It's still a hugh question mark.

Didnt the Kitties go 4-0 in the pre season the year they went 0-16 in the reg season? :wacko:

Yep...so the results of these games mean very little. But watching how the starters perform does. Barring significant injury I think it's doable. That D-Line is nasty and the O-Line is serviceable.

Now where's that damn Edmund Fitzgerald contest! For once I can say with confidence that the Lions won't lose by more than 20 points in a game :tup:

We were talking about the lions last nght at our draft. Most of the consensus was that they could be really good and win the division. They could also make the NFC one of the tightest divisions in the NFL by not laying down to the Packers and Bears. I think any team can win the north. It should make for an interesting season.

The Pats were annointed after blowing out Jacksonville and Tampa Bay.

You aren't handling being King of the Hill very well. I guess it's new to you.

The Pats were annointed after blowing out Jacksonville and Tampa Bay.

You aren't handling being King of the Hill very well. I guess it's new to you.

Apparently not.

The defense will be better with Tulloch and Durant. The secondary remains a concern.

But the offense isn't much different going into this year as it was last. Same Injury prone starters at QB and RB. Same OL. Maybe an upgrade at WR2 if Young pans out, but Burleson was/is ok in that position. That should mean a bump at WR3.

The Lions are a one dimensional team on offense. Best can't carry the ball more than15 times a game, and he will get injured.

To make the playoffs, I think the Lions need help in the running game (attn: Jerome Harrison), and they need a healthy Stafford and they need a healthy Best. Too many ifs.

Edited by Furd

Grunge has it right - they won't win their division, and it's a crowded WC field in the NFC. This is not the year.

I think you and Grunge are have Norris competition clouding your judgment. I (and the Lions) will prove to the world that the Norris can and will be won to bring this great city the championship it deserves!!!