[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeGarrette Blounts revised ranking

arnoldg3

I noticed in todays top 200 rankings for ppr that LeGarrette Blount had jumped to 33 from 58. There was a big uptick in Huddle performance rankings as well. He caught 3 passes for 62 yards and ran 5 times for 10 yards in yesterdays game. He has moved from tier 3 to tier 2 in my custom scoring as well. Why the big jump in rankings?

Rotoworld

Josh Freeman confirmed that LeGarrette Blount will not be the Bucs' primary third-down back this season.

The Bucs talked about increasing Blount's role in the passing game, but it's not going to happen. The Rotoworld Draft Guide projects fewer than 15 receptions for Blount this year, which is why we're not crazy about him at his current early-third round ADP.

Source: St. Petersburg Times

assume at your own risk but his ADP may be too high

you know those top 200 lists really aren't helpful? Better to look at the tiered rankings but even those in a vacuum arn't much. You really need to understand your league's scoring and position requirements. DMD wrote a great book and hopefully you have read it, if not you should.

One of the worst things you can do is just use a long list not broken-down by position. I only say this since you keep coming back the top 200 lists in multiple-posts.

There is no formula that makes picking players easy. If you don't sgree with a guys rank, move him up or down your list. Don't over-analyze it :wacko:

you know those top 200 lists really aren't helpful? Better to look at the tiered rankings but even those in a vacuum arn't much. You really need to understand your league's scoring and position requirements. DMD wrote a great book and hopefully you have read it, if not you should.

One of the worst things you can do is just use a long list not broken-down by position. I only say this since you keep coming back the top 200 lists in multiple-posts.

There is no formula that makes picking players easy. If you don't sgree with a guys rank, move him up or down your list. Don't over-analyze it :wacko:

I'll certainly agree that a generic top 200 is borderline useless (except to puff up your chest after the draft and say, "I got 6 guys in the top 50 in a 12 team draft!" or something like that0.

That said, I love using a top 200, that I made myself, that is based on my league's scoring and line-ups and such. I find it invaluable, especially as the rounds move on and I'm just trying to mine for talent. For whatever reason, at a point where I had more time to spend, I evaluated these players and, overall, I have this RB 15 spots ahead of this WR and they're the best available at their positions.

None the less, in principle here, I agree with you.

Blount moved up considerably in the cheat sheet rankings as well. I have read David's book and found it to be very helpful. I'm only trying to understand his rationale for elevating him in the rankings so suddenly.I dont see the underlying basis for this. Its not that I necessarily disagree By the way, I like utilizing the cheat sheets arranged in tiers as well as the top 200. I use them in conjunction with each other. I think that they are both important.

Edited by arnoldg3

Blount moved up considerably in the cheat sheet rankings as well. I have read David's book and found it to be very helpful. I'm only trying to understand his rationale for elevating him in the rankings so suddenly.I dont see the underlying basis for this. Its not that I necessarily disagree By the way, I like utilizing the cheat sheets arranged in tiers as well as the top 200. I use them in conjunction with each other. I think that they are both important.

:wacko: Someone linked to - and cut/pasted - an article, stating the Bucs plan on using him as their primary third-down back. :tup:

Wow

The guy rushes for over 1000 yds and 6 TDs despite being claimed off waivers on Sept 6 by TB and only playing the equivalent of 11 full games, and he still apparently is considered by many as barely being worthy of a FF RB2 if that.

:shakinghead:

Zooty cut and pasted the news from Rotoworld. In it Freeman states that Blount will not be the third down back. I think you may have misread it.

You're right I did misread it. Everything I heard prior to that was saying he WAS going to be more involved in the pass game. Prior reports had said the team was pleased with his off-season work on pass-catching and more importantly, pass blocking.

That said, as BB alluded to above, the guy had a near-monster season in only 11 games.

I think by the time the season gets a few weeks in, we'll see that he's as close to an every-down back as there is in the NFL.

Edited by darin3

Like I said, I dont necessarily disagree with the ranking, I was only wondering what happed between this week and last to cause the big jump in our rankings?

I'm not going to put words in the rankers' mouths, but I would assume that the re-ranking occurred before this news came out. As I mentioned, everything prior to this (which, by the way, came from the QB, not a coach..:wacko:) pointed towards Blount having a larger role in the pass game.

Edited by darin3

Wow

The guy rushes for over 1000 yds and 6 TDs despite being claimed off waivers on Sept 6 by TB and only playing the equivalent of 11 full games, and he still apparently is considered by many as barely being worthy of a FF RB2 if that.

:shakinghead:

Shhhhhhhh. :wacko:

Like I said, I dont necessarily disagree with the ranking, I was only wondering what happed between this week and last to cause the big jump in our rankings?

This isn't rocket science. They're player opinions/projections that they haven't had the entire off-season of OTAs to research and mull over like they normally would... They're pumping out a tremendous amount of information about a large pool of players in a very short time, so the movement could be as simple as them having second thoughts about the guy given the information they have now...

So instead of second-guessing and wanting to know the reasoning for every little move, how bout just read it is, they like Blount better now... Because that's really all you should be reading into it unless there's a completely obvious reason for why they're moving a player. In this case it's pretty obvious. They like what they see from him, especially after showing an ability to catch a few passes...

you guys sure are all over thehuddle's jock on this bored.

case in point, under fantasy draft kit > Player Rankings, Profiles & Projected Statistics there is a Movement Tracker for each position. But when you click on them, every one is blank on the right side of the page where the commentary used to go. Seems like thehuddle has dropped the ball on this front, every arrow should have a blurb on the move.

Edited by gsmayes

let me ask this again.. who in the hell else are the Bucs going to hand the ball off to? they have NOBODY behind Blount.

Graham (who I'm not sure is a better pass catching option) is supposedly ahead of Lumpkin.

you guys sure are all over thehuddle's jock on this bored.

case in point, under fantasy draft kit > Player Rankings, Profiles & Projected Statistics there is a Movement Tracker for each position. But when you click on them, every one is blank on the right side of the page where the commentary used to go. Seems like thehuddle has dropped the ball on this front, every arrow should have a blurb on the move.

Further down the page was a thread about Player Rankings Movement. I replied there:

Because of the compressed time frame to do the rankings, projections, writeups,etc., I have not added those to their movement pages and instead used my time to write articles (RBBC, Primary WR, Planning your First Two Pickls, Etc.) that could not be written until FA player movement was mostly done in that first week of August. Plus keeping up with the rankings and projections which were job one. I have updated player wrtiteups in many cases where notable things happened. This last two iterations of movement have largely been about WR depth charts starting to come into focus and just some tweaking.

As for Blount, I readjusted his projections from 1290-9 TD rush and 10-60-1 receive to the same rushing and 17-150-1 receiving. I liked him to catch one pass per game now instead of one every other. That was all. He can catch and he will catch at least a few more. I have him seven more catches and 90 more yards.