[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Packers- Saints

Zooty

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at the call in light of the mprevious T.D. They did fake one up the gut and then throw wide to their T.E. for the T.D. It is reasonable to wonder, having done so, if the Packers may have been cognizant of that, and the fact that they like to keep the ball in Brees' hands. He could have easily tought that under those circumstances the Packers might be a little soft in the middle as they watched for a fake there and something going wide on a roll out.

Had he rolled out and got flushed again by Walden or Wynn for a sack folks would have questioned why he did not send the Heisman winner up the gut, afgter all it was only one yard. Hind sight, that's all. I figure the coach is at least as smart as me, and is better informed.

Let's look at some of Payton's play calls - 4th and short down close, he calls for a pass and loses 10+ yds on a sack.

In a goal-line situation, they try a surprise inside run with Sproles and he gets stuffed.

Last play of the game, 1st-and-goal, they run Ingram up the gut and he gets jammed.

Everything people are criticizing Payton for NOT calling had failed at one point or another.

Maybe GB's D just made some plays? :wacko:

Personally I like Rodgers, but just like Rivers he tends to rub people the wrong way because he doesn't carry himself the way most people expect from a high caliber QB. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder, but who can blame him?

As for Graham doing the belt, here is my comment from the Graham thread.

Now, how about we talk about Charles Woodson and his boxing skills?

I maintain that it's confidence and a chip on his shoulder and not arrogance. He has no BS or fluff to him. He also has a sense of humor, which is what differs from other QB's. The Rodgers arrogance thing is the media taking every little thing to the extreme and blowing it out of proportion.

But then again, I think Rivers is great as well. He plays the game with fire and emotion. I like that.

Rodgers doesn't do the belt after he throws a TD. It's reserved for when he makes a play on his feet. Even then, it was a joke that came from TC when Favre was still in town. It was more of an inside joke for the Packers until jackasses like Abraham and Graham tried to pull it off. I also don't buy that every other position can celebrate after a big play, but QB's can't.

And in response to the Woodson question, he summed it up well. Thomas kept on blocking him into people after the whistle blew. Woodson knew better than to throw a punch but let his emotions get the best of him. Yes, he should have been kicked out of the game. Without question. He's a veteran. He knows better. I fully expect for him to get a hefty fine which is 100% deserved.

And in response to the Woodson question, he summed it up well. Thomas kept on blocking him into people after the whistle blew. Woodson knew better than to throw a punch but let his emotions get the best of him. Yes, he should have been kicked out of the game. Without question. He's a veteran. He knows better. I fully expect for him to get a hefty fine which is 100% deserved.

ESPN is saying $10,000