[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Packers- Saints

Zooty

both offense looked great, so why are espn, yahoo saying how "dominant" the packers were??? the saints are a colston fumble away from having the game tied or winning. that was a huge play and the saints never recovered from it on the scoreboard. both of these teams will be in the hunt in the nfc and in NO WAY was the packer D dominating. it looked bad and got torched. even woodson got owned by colston on the last drive. so sick of the packer fans, congrats on last year but this is a new year and your defense looks suspect already.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: Lighten up guys, I had a few last night. It took me a long time to type that out. Rodgers is a great QB, I just hated him last night cuz he kicked our butt.

I also meant to say the turnover was the deciding factor and had us playing from behind...

both offense looked great, so why are espn, yahoo saying how "dominant" the packers were??? the saints are a colston fumble away from having the game tied or winning. that was a huge play and the saints never recovered from it on the scoreboard. both of these teams will be in the hunt in the nfc and in NO WAY was the packer D dominating. it looked bad and got torched. even woodson got owned by colston on the last drive. so sick of the packer fans, congrats on last year but this is a new year and your defense looks suspect already.

Missed the first half of the game, huh?

Rodgers was absolutely torching NO. GB could have put 56 pts on the board last night if they chose to do so - Rodgers made the NO D look absolutely helpless. McCarthy called off the dogs and went conservative when they had the 15 pt lead into the 2nd half. The Packers were absolutely dominant, and the only thing that stopped the O was McCarthy taking his foot off the gas. NO got used like a $1 whore on Saturday night when the Marines are in town.

As to the Packer D? Well, I'd say that was a lot more due to Brees' spectacular ability than that the D sucked. Brees was in the zone also and was moving his team up and down the field. The real difference between Brees and Rodgers last night was that if the Packer DBs could hang onto footballs right in their hands, they would have come up with 3 INTs. Rodgers just did not give NO a chance, whereas GB had a few opportunties to really blow the game wide open.

NO is a great team, no doubt. They showed a tremendous amount of guts in a very tough venue on opening night on national TV. They're going to really make some waves this year and should roll into the playoffs with one of the top seeds. I like them a lot better than the media's uber-team PHI, who has some very significant line issues on both sides of the ball. But last night GB was about 17 pts +/- better than NO and just left some plays on the field, both by the D missing chances and the O going into a shell in the 2nd half. They are that dominant - at least right now.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Probably the "belt move". Unfortunately for Rajn, if Rodgers gets another title this year (back to back) he can be as arrogant as he wants, lol.

That belt move is an inside joke he has with the team. He does that for his teammates' gratification as self-deprecating humor and doesn't really give a damn whether he is seen doing it on TV or not.

Exciting game for both sides. I thought GB def line was pretty dominant and had Brees under more pressure than Rodgers was all night. Brees showed why he is an elite Qb in this league IMO. So I have to ask... WHY DOESN"T HE HAVE THE BALL IN HIS HANDS ON THE LAST PLAY? IMO Payton over thought that call. The NFL is a players league where you want your best player to have the chance to make a play. Case of a coach thinking he is smarter than he needs to be. You have Drew Brees at QB, or Rodgers at QB you give them the ball and say "make it happen". Overall great game and wouldn't be surprising to see these 2 meet up again in the playoffs.

Edited by dfv87

Exciting game for both sides. I thought GB def line was pretty dominant and had Brees under more pressure than Rodgers was all night. Brees showed why he is an elite Qb in this league IMO. So I have to ask... WHY DOESN"T HE HAVE THE BALL IN HIS HANDS ON THE LAST PLAY? IMO Payton over thought that call. The NFL is a players league where you want your best player to have the chance to make a play. Case of a coach thinking he is smarter than he needs to be. You have Drew Brees at QB, or Rodgers at QB you give them the ball and say "make it happen". Overall great game and wouldn't be surprising to see these 2 meet up again in the playoffs.

I think Payton was in the process of kicking himself on going for a pass play on the 4th and 1 earlier. He got intimidated into calling a pass play there when they got stuffed on 3rd down. His 4th down pass blew up on him as GB came in waves at Brees.

Lest we forget, NO also has the top RB in this year's draft class, and giving him the ball in that situation is not a bad decision. I think he outguessed himself earlier and didn't want to make the same mistake twice in the same game.

Congrats Packer fans. Hell of a game last night and I hope we get another shot at ya in the playoffs.

I would prefer to not see that happen. The Saints scare me some. I fear them more than the Falcons or Eagles. Brees is incredible. He is at the top of his game. I'd rather face Ryan or Vick. They are both excellent, but not transcendant like Brees.

Let the injuries begin ...sketchy report below from WDSU.com, FWIW:

The New Orleans Saints are evaluating the condition of wide receiver Marques Colston after he appeared to be hurt during the final drive of the team's 42-34 loss to the Packers on Thursday.

The area of concern involved one of Colston's shoulders.

The New Orleans Saints are evaluating the condition of wide receiver Marques Colston after he appeared to be hurt during the final drive of the team's 42-34 loss to the Packers on Thursday.

Waiting to hear on the Packers' Williams injury. That would be a sore blow to them.

All too often in the same sentence

Collinsworth said it, but it's never good to see a guy supporting the weight of one arm with the other arm holding it against his chest. Hope it's not bad.

I think Payton was in the process of kicking himself on going for a pass play on the 4th and 1 earlier. He got intimidated into calling a pass play there when they got stuffed on 3rd down. His 4th down pass blew up on him as GB came in waves at Brees.

Lest we forget, NO also has the top RB in this year's draft class, and giving him the ball in that situation is not a bad decision. I think he outguessed himself earlier and didn't want to make the same mistake twice in the same game.

Ok I can see that... and that is a fair point.

But don't you think the roaring in his brain would say I want my best player to have the ball. I do think NOS got a great fit with Ingram but WOW give him the ball... when rushing yards were hard to come by... on the last play... in his professional debut (for real)... and take it out of the hands of my annual MVP candidate? Just saying... I "betcha" (mn boy here, sue me) Sean is re-thinking that call today.

Ok I can see that... and that is a fair point.

But don't you think the roaring in his brain would say I want my best player to have the ball. I do think NOS got a great fit with Ingram but WOW give him the ball... when rushing yards were hard to come by... on the last play... in his professional debut (for real)... and take it out of the hands of my annual MVP candidate? Just saying... I "betcha" (mn boy here, sue me) Sean is re-thinking that call today.

I look at the call in light of the mprevious T.D. They did fake one up the gut and then throw wide to their T.E. for the T.D. It is reasonable to wonder, having done so, if the Packers may have been cognizant of that, and the fact that they like to keep the ball in Brees' hands. He could have easily tought that under those circumstances the Packers might be a little soft in the middle as they watched for a fake there and something going wide on a roll out.

Had he rolled out and got flushed again by Walden or Wynn for a sack folks would have questioned why he did not send the Heisman winner up the gut, afgter all it was only one yard. Hind sight, that's all. I figure the coach is at least as smart as me, and is better informed.

I'd love to see Rodgers arrogance come back to bite him.

:wacko: Someone else clearly knowing nothing about Rodgers or letting the bitter media telling you what to believe. If you're talking about his Sanchez GQ remarks, it's a joke. He was having fun on a radio show.

If it was his post game presser, that had nothing to do with the Saints, and was directed to the media that kept on questioning his off season decision making. And if its the belt thing, get the hell out of here with that non-sense. Your dumbass tightend did it when he was down by eight points. If anyone is arrogant it's your TE that has done NOTHING in the league. Rodgers didn't do it once last night. And it's no different than Antonio Brown doing some crazy dance or Tomlinson doing the hand behind the helmet pose. You seem like a bitter fan who's team looked silly trying to slow Rodgers down.

Probably the "belt move". Unfortunately for Rajn, if Rodgers gets another title this year (back to back) he can be as arrogant as he wants, lol.

So far this year

Jimmy Graham= One belt pose

Rodgers=Zero belt pose

No better time for Carolina to be on the schedule.

Yesterday while Carolina was preparing for a game the Packers were resting and healing. Today, while the Packers are resting and healing, Carolina is on a plane to the dessert. Tomorrow, while the Packers are resting and healing the Panthers will be playing a game and then flying back home.

I just hope the Packers spend some time on the fundamentals of tackling. N.O. must have had 100 yards of offense on plays that continued after the first Packer with a good shot at the ball carrier missed the tackle. Oh, and special teams kick coverage needs to improve. I know sproles is quick and shifty, and I know there was perhaps a missed call springing him on one play, but that has to be tightened down quickly.

:tup: Someone else clearly knowing nothing about Rodgers or letting the bitter media telling you what to believe. If you're talking about his Sanchez GQ remarks, it's a joke. He was having fun on a radio show.

If it was his post game presser, that had nothing to do with the Saints, and was directed to the media that kept on questioning his off season decision making. And if its the belt thing, get the hell out of here with that non-sense. Your dumbass tightend did it when he was down by eight points. If anyone is arrogant it's your TE that has done NOTHING in the league. Rodgers didn't do it once last night. And it's no different than Antonio Brown doing some crazy dance or Tomlinson doing the hand behind the helmet pose. You seem like a bitter fan who's team looked silly trying to slow Rodgers down.

So far this year

Jimmy Graham= One belt pose

Rodgers=Zero belt pose

Read the rest of the thread. :wacko:

Personally I like Rodgers, but just like Rivers he tends to rub people the wrong way because he doesn't carry himself the way most people expect from a high caliber QB. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder, but who can blame him?

As for Graham doing the belt, here is my comment from the Graham thread.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't mind it if it were a defensive player after a turnover or sack, but that was kind of a Showtime Rotisserie move.

Now, how about we talk about Charles Woodson and his boxing skills?

Read the rest of the thread. :wacko:

Personally I like Rodgers, but just like Rivers he tends to rub people the wrong way because he doesn't carry himself the way most people expect from a high caliber QB. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder, but who can blame him?

As for Graham doing the belt, here is my comment from the Graham thread.

Now, how about we talk about Charles Woodson and his boxing skills?

Opinions vary.

Me, I was happy the Packers got N.O at home. I was happy that the Saints were somewhat less than full capacity. I was happy the Packers won. I find that there is always some criticism from fans disappointed after a loss. I try not to put too much stock in such comments. Why seek to foster hard feelings.