[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lance Moore

NOSaint237

My waivers all went through and I got Danarius, Decker, and Nelson and dropped Moore for one of them. I'll take their upside on my bench for now over Moore and his groin injury and spread-the-ball-around offense. It's an FAAB league though, so if Moore turns it around I can just buy him back again.

Looks like he is back..

I have been the not so proud owner of Colsten for the past 3 years...not counting the injuries, even when he was healthy, Brees just always looks for Lance, all the time. Used to piss me off so much. Now with, surprise, Colsten injured again, Lance's targets will only go up again. think of him as a lesser version of Wes Welker.

I drafted Moore in two leagues and here's why. He came up Hugh in the superbowl for Bress when he needed it. He also made big plays for Brees and the Saints in the playoffs with some body contortions that rival the little guy on Oceans Twelve that can travel in a duffle bag. The guy just gets to where he is suppose to be and makes tough catch after tough catch.

Brees trusts him as much as any reciever on the team. Even more so when Colston is back because he's one on one most times in the slot while Colston takes the double coverage.

I was waiting on Moore to get back and I am counting on him for the rest of the year to give me 80 and 1 week in and week out.

The Saints have a lot of weapons on offense but none as reliable and clutch as Moore. You saw it last week, when Brees has to have a play he goes to Moore in the Red Zone (two 2 pointers and a TD).

JMO of course but I love the guy and plan to ride him the rest of the year in my starting lineup.

9 targets in Week 3.....resulting in 9 catches.

If I am a QB, and I have a WR who catches every pass thrown to him because he can get open and/or has good hands....you bet I am going to feed him as much as possible.

I like Moore as a solid WR2 going forward, with a ceiling of a low-end WR1 in PPR leagues.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

9 targets in Week 3.....resulting in 9 catches.

If I am a QB, and I have a WR who catches every pass thrown to him because he can get open and/or has good hands....you bet I am going to feed him as much as possible.

I like Moore as a solid WR2 going forward, with a ceiling of a low-end WR1 in PPR leagues.

+1 This!

I am moving him into the starting lineup with Fitz and hopefully this is the kick in the shorts my team needs to get back on track!, that and CJ getting it going like a #1RB should.

• 2 weeks later...
Moore isn't getting the expected targets with Sproles in town and the emergence of Graham. Droppable at this point?

Not at all...at this point, he is no worse on your roster than Wayne, Boldin, Holmes, Moss, Branch, any Ram WR, etc. I still think you can comfortably start him as a WR2/WR3 ,with the realization that some weeks he'll boon, some he'll bust (which is typical of any WR not named Megatron).

Moore or Meachem??? Who would you rather have? Huddle has Meachem ranked 15 spots higher for "rest of season projections". Disagree??

Both available on my ww, may grab one.

I'd go Moore. He's proven to be a consistent target and TD gatherer for Brees. There's a legitimate concern with Graham and Sproles getting a lot of looks and maybe Moore won't put up the 900/8 I thought he would do. But I'd still roll with his proven track record over giving up now. The one thing I've learned in fantasy is that the true players will show up for the 2nd half of the season. It's just like a game of any sport - the players seem to give it that extra oomph at the end when the clock is running out. So the later the season gets and as each game becomes more crucial, I think you'll see Brees lean on his most trusted players and Moore, it could be argued, is THAT player for the Saints.

I'd go Moore. He's proven to be a consistent target and TD gatherer for Brees. There's a legitimate concern with Graham and Sproles getting a lot of looks and maybe Moore won't put up the 900/8 I thought he would do. But I'd still roll with his proven track record over giving up now. The one thing I've learned in fantasy is that the true players will show up for the 2nd half of the season. It's just like a game of any sport - the players seem to give it that extra oomph at the end when the clock is running out. So the later the season gets and as each game becomes more crucial, I think you'll see Brees lean on his most trusted players and Moore, it could be argued, is THAT player for the Saints.

I feel like Moore was Bush when he went down and now they have Sproles, he's the new Bush and Moore will be the new Sproles if and when Sproles gets hurt....

if that even makes any sense :wacko:

I feel like Moore was Bush when he went down and now they have Sproles, he's the new Bush and Moore will be the new Sproles if and when Sproles gets hurt....

if that even makes any sense :wacko:

I think it's fair to say that Moore is never the go-to-guy in the NOS gameplan. But I think he's the defacto utility player - which is why I think him have a better 2nd half of the season than what he's shown so far. Even with his slow start, I see him getting 750+ yards and 6+ TDs.