[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Hernandez

piratesownninjas

Aaron Hernandez - TE - New England Patriots Posted 9/19/11 8:35pm et

New England Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez (knee) could miss as much six weeks with a sprained MCL, according to CSNNE's Tom Curran.

Huddle Up: Curran has always been pretty tight with his reporting so this is disturbing news. Right after Hernandez injured the knee vs. San Diego the early buzz was he didn't tear the ligament, just sprained it. The Boston Globe originally estimated 1-2 weeks. Now Curran says he could be out "for as long as six weeks." Six weeks means there's a partial MCL tear. Rob Gronkowski ascends to fantasy 'unbenchable' status (actually he was there already) since he won't be sharing TE targets for a while.

Just so you guys know, Curran is a clown that also said that Tom Brady would miss all of 2009 because of an infection in his knee that was 100% false. Just curious if you got your reporters mixed up, or what about Curran's reporting that has always been tight.

The Globe> Curran

Not sure if this makes a difference.....

Hernandez was definately injured on the Sanders hit after the 15 yd grab, he was a bit slow getting up.....

but the Pats were in the no huddle, he stayed in the game, and he made a 5 yd catch on the very next play.

Medically speaking, does the fact he stayed in the game with the injury say anything about the extent (sprain vs partial tear). Not sure, but just wanted to point out he did stay in for at least 1 more play, ran a route, and made a catch.

Medically speaking, does the fact he stayed in the game with the injury say anything about the extent (sprain vs partial tear). Not sure, but just wanted to point out he did stay in for at least 1 more play, ran a route, and made a catch.

When they are in the middle of a game and their adrenalin is pumping, it's common to not feel as much pain as they will the next day/week. People can do some remarkable things in the heat of the moment while injured, but that doesn't mean its good for them, or that they will be able to repeat it with that same injury later on. Just my :wacko:

I was talking with a buddy in preseason about which NE TE was going to be the one to get and I 1/2 jokingly told him I was going to draft both and wait for an injury. F me for not doing it.

The knock on Hernandez coming out of college was he is injury prone and why he was taken later in the draft...

The knock on Hernandez coming out of college was he is injury prone and why he was taken later in the draft...

And Gronkowski missed his final year with a back injury. You make my point nicely, thank you.

edit: final year of college

Edited by flemingd

They're not always obvious like Charles was. I remember years back when Javon Walker was Favre's #1 and blew out his knee in like game 2... he was walking around after halftime, riding a bike, acting like he wanted to get back in, only to find out the next day he was done for the year.

A report is coming out that he was asked how he was feeling he said he was feeling great. Reporters said he was walking fine with no limp at i think personally he will back next week they will rest him this week but this injury does not appear serious at all.

Yeah, but players are almost always going to say they are feeling great and there is a big difference between being able to walk with no limp and run/cut at full speed. Just sayin...

A report is coming out that he was asked how he was feeling he said he was feeling great. Reporters said he was walking fine with no limp at i think personally he will back next week they will rest him this week but this injury does not appear serious at all.

I wouldnt run full speed and cut while walking to a locker room...maybe im weird.

if this is the case, then it certainly appears the injury is more of he 1-2 week variety vs. the 6 weeks Curran was projecting.

I can tell you for a fact that right now I have a torn ACL, and I can walk and run normally. You would never know, until I planted my leg and it goes out.

Curran got knocked around a few times when he was contributing material to ProFootballTalk but they tend to throw a lot on the wall and see what sticks. He's been covering the Pats for 14 years. He's legit.

Disagree. Boston Globe is legit not him., this clown was the guy who said Brady would miss the 2009 season because of an infection in his knee that was totally false. Covering for 14 years doesn't make you anything, but a veteran.

I can tell you for a fact that right now I have a torn ACL, and I can walk and run normally. You would never know, until I planted my leg and it goes out.

MCL Sprain and an ACL tear are completely different.

Curran got knocked around a few times when he was contributing material to ProFootballTalk but they tend to throw a lot on the wall and see what sticks. He's been covering the Pats for 14 years. He's legit.

I trust the Globe over Curran anyday IMO. I highly doubt Hernandez is gonna be out for 6 weeks. Tough dude and the injury doesn't seem to be that serious. My guess is Curran just trying to get his name out and get some Twitter followers.

I trust the Globe over Curran anyday IMO. I highly doubt Hernandez is gonna be out for 6 weeks. Tough dude and the injury doesn't seem to be that serious. My guess is Curran just trying to get his name out and get some Twitter followers.

think what you will bostonnuthuggerandy but the dude is down and 4 weeks for an MCL is typical.

Oh I see you said 6 weeks. maybe not but 4 at least.

Edited by loaf