[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you, at some point in the interview, I'd get up tell them the interview is fu(king over because they are a bunch of fu(king morons in a major that will probably end in them sitting on a stool on a street corner, strumming the guitar and begging people to throw change in the guitar case. When they refuse to leave, grab the camera lens and hurl the camera against the wall. Start screaming, going off on a tangent about how they could be better spending their time doing a snuff film rather than exposing their utter lack of intellect by trying to argue with a tenured professor about economics... something they obviously don't understand since they are spending 100K on a degree from which most of them will be lucky to make $12.00 an hour asking people if they would like fries or a hot apple pie...

Then start laughing hysterically and tell them you were only fu(king with them.

:wacko:

And just for good measure - before you tell them you are kidding - start mumbling something about the "top 39.872%".

Edited by tosberg34

I'm getting interviewed this afternoon by some students who are creating a documentary on the Occupy Movement for their film class. (I expect that I will end up being the villain.)

Make sure to ask them if the 99% has been adjusted for inflation. :wacko:

http://www.pixiq.com/article/youtube-video...op-to-be-a-liar

Dallas cop punished for lying in a police report, false arrest, and assaulting a protestor. :wacko:

650,000 Officers in the U.S. working in a high stress job where some people even deliberately attemt to provoke them. Each one working 200 shifts per year for 130,000,000 million shifts per year. Each one encountering dozens of persons per shift, many in high stress situations, but let's just call it ten per shift for 1.3 Billion law enforcement encounters per year.

Oh my god you found a negative encounter, and one that appears to be getting addressed appropriately. You know what, I bet you can find more, lots more. It is almost as if cops are people, subject to the frailties of that condition.

The poll of 1,000 American adults shows that 27% have a “very positive” or “somewhat positive” view of the Tea Party, compared to 44% who have a “somewhat negative” or “very negative” view. In contrast, 32% have a “very positive” or “somewhat positive” view of Occupy Wall Street, compared to just 35% who have a “somewhat negative” or “very negative” view.

The Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street Movement have been compared to each other ever since Occupy Wall Street became a national story. Both share disgust with the federal bailout given to large corporations, but from that point the two movements differ greatly. The 99 Percent Movement is greatly concerned with growing income inequality in AmAerica, whereas the Tea Party believes that such inequality is natural, necessary, and in some case even beneficial.

Embrace your freak flag teatards; this is the destination of your movement.

650,000 Officers in the U.S. working in a high stress job where some people even deliberately attemt to provoke them. Each one working 200 shifts per year for 130,000,000 million shifts per year. Each one encountering dozens of persons per shift, many in high stress situations, but let's just call it ten per shift for 1.3 Billion law enforcement encounters per year.

Oh my god you found a negative encounter, and one that appears to be getting addressed appropriately. You know what, I bet you can find more, lots more. It is almost as if cops are people, subject to the frailties of that condition.

I don't need to search. There are websites dedicated to exposing just how human police officers are.

Who knows, we might develop 4 political parties from these guys. The Dems and Reps would represent the lobbyists/Corps while the Tea Party and OWS would represent the workers.

Edited by WaterMan

yah but they are being payed way to much and should not have a union. :wacko:

yah but they are being payed way to much and should not have a union. :wacko:

Another thing to chew on how the public unions hose the taxpayer. Ah not worth doing anything about this stuff - Like Ground Chuck says - let's just have a referendum and add a little to the property taxes - no harm no foul.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ris...-133758348.html

Like teachers, it's another job I'm glad I don't do but glad someone does.

No, not really. But here is the destination of your Flea Bagger movement which you proudly claim is the answer to the Tea Party.

Looks like the only thing your Flea Baggers are contributing to is more Darwin awards and prison overcrowding.

Edited by tosberg34

How many people will be elected to the House and Senate standing with OWS crowd? We took over the house, and the Senate will be ours 2012.

You'll still just be a news headline, meaningless and powerless.

But they will have a majority on the police crime blotters.

How many people will be elected to the House and Senate standing with OWS crowd? We took over the house, and the Senate will be ours 2012.

You'll still just be a news headline, meaningless and powerless.

I think that OWS had the potential early on to turn into something that could influence elections going forward but they failed to organize. It's almost like they wore their failure to organize as a badge of honor. Well when a large group fails to organize chaos will ensue.

OWS has "jumped the shark" IMO.

I think that OWS had the potential early on to turn into something that could influence elections going forward but they failed to organize. It's almost like they wore their failure to organize as a badge of honor. Well when a large group fails to organize chaos will ensue.

Pretty much. Although they have the sympathies of millions screwed over by the unholy alliance between big business and corrupt politicians, their failure to articulate a coherent alternative will ensure they wither away, IMO. They are no more than an occasional nuisance to their supposed targets.

That's too bad, because some of the posters in here really, really had their hopes pinned on them as the answer to the Tea Party.

Congress is elected to represent their district. Typically the person elected has to gain more than 50% of the vote to be sent to washington. So, with that being said, I could care less what some poll in Seattle or Baltimore has to say about my elected representative.

You can keep your Nancy pelosi's and Barney Franks, I'll keep the likes of Rand Paul.

Here is a list to help you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tea_Party_politicians

Go ahead and make your OWS list. I'll patiently await your response.

Even Congress hates Congress!

Their approval ratings are so bad these days that even Congress hates Congress.

Sen. Lindsey Graham is so embarrassed about the 9 percent approval rating — released Tuesday night in a New York Times/CBS poll — that he’s going incognito.

“It’s so bad sometimes I tell people I’m a lawyer,” the South Carolina Republican told POLITICO on Wednesday. “I don’t want to be associated with a body that in the eyes of your fellow citizens seems to be dysfunctional. It matters to me.”

“We’re below sharks and contract killers,” added freshman Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.).

Tea Party Pride!