[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

Tell that to the Palestinians. :lol:

That's your answer? :tup:

Ok. You got me. The Palestinians have everything to do with a NY State Judge ignoring private property rights. I bow down before a master debater. :wacko:

Edited by Savage Beatings

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you in your world, a private owned public space is okay for the public to use unless you exercise your First Amendment rights?

I think I've made myself pretty clear that we have to be VERY cautious of protecting FA rights. But you don't care about the TRUTH so you conveniently ignored my earlier post. In my world, a privately owned public space can indeed be used for any legal use that the private owner wants to allow including free speech. In your world, the privately owned public space will be used for anything that anyone but the private owner wants. The thing that you don't understand because it is too subtle for your little "GOP = Evil" brain, is that the relationship between free speech and private property is almost completely symbiotic. The irony that you display but fail to see, is that the private owner's free speech has just been trampled in the name of free speech.

So, is this situation somewhat analogous to this:

1) the government pays money to rent a privately-owned banquet hall for some members of the public to use for some symphony concert

2) the public instead holds a rock-symphony and throws their leftover food containers on the ground as if they were at a baseball game

3) the owner of the banquet halls calls the police to end the concert and kick people out of the banquet hall

4) a judge says, hold on a minute, you can't kick them out because it's not clear that they are doing anything that violates the original agreement for which you have been paid

???

Edited by wiegie

So you in your world, a private owned public space is okay for the public to use unless you exercise your First Amendment rights?

Or if you keep others from using it by completely trashing the place.

Frank Miller is a little behind the times. Joe Rogan has learned to use a computer.

:wacko:

having friends who are cops we have had some of this conversation.... a couple of them had a hard time last spring with the b.s. in Madison.

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

Yer doing a heckuva job, OWS protestors! :wacko:

“They’re making it harder for the average guy to make a living,” said another man. “They’re not hurting banks, they’re just hurting the regular guy.”

One woman trying to get to work was even reportedly knocked down by protesters about a block from the NYSE.

Some even charged protesters after they wouldn’t let them through their linked arms.

So, what are they trying to achieve again? TIA for the quick response Waterman. :tup:

Live scene that is blacked out during our normal news of, "Today a man was car jacked."

http://www.livestream.com/occupy_liberty

Thousands on the Brooklyn Bridge.

One doctor has a sign that says, "I want to provide Health Care not Wealth Care."

Someone has a projector putting huge words onto the Verizon building by the bridge.

NYPD scanner says an estimated 32,000 people are on the ground on and around the Brooklyn Bridge #OWS #N17 #news1

Edited by WaterMan