[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The argumnet that "they dont know what their demands are" has to be one of the dumbest things said yet by the Tea Party fanatics that are being critical of occupy wall street.

Most of Tea Party people interviewed said how much they hate big gubmnet and evil gubmnet spending . . . and then in the next breath said they supported social security, Medicare and defense spending :wacko:

Perhaps the common link between OWS and the Tea Party is an inherent lack of facts and fiscal comprehension by a majority of their fanatical followers? :tup:

As for the inane attempts to paint them as raping looters . . . there are bad apples in every bunch. Most Tea Party people here flatly denied that there were any racists at their rallies, and then when shown evidence tried to paint it as an insiduous liberal plot. :lol: Extreme movements attract extremists. Every movement has unsavory elements and people that will use the cover of the publicgatherings to further their own agendas. Every movement has their rotten apples, but it doesnt mean that they should be allowed to distract from the actual messages (if a coherent message can be found) being portrayed.

So is it 'Ignore the crazies and focus on the message'?

Or is it 'Ignore the message and focus on the crazies'?

Cause the people on the left use the former for OWS and the latter for the Tea Party, and the people on the right do the opposite.

Truth. Both movements have a message and their fair share of crazies.

this sounds about right:

Oh, So *This* Is Why Some People Hate Occupy Wall Street

11.02.11 Written by Matt

As Brett noted yesterday on UPROXX, Stephen Colbert infiltrated Occupy Wall Street dressed up as Che Guevara for a segment on “The Colbert Report.” But the majority of the segment (video below) was an interview with these caricatures of liberal hipster scum. The woman on the right — yes, she really IS wearing oversize glasses AND a vintage dress AND Down Syndrome bangs — goes by the name “Ketchup.” Her name is Ketchup. And she says she’s a “female-bodied person,” because not all biological females identify themselves as women. Because apparently saying she’s a woman would be insulting to transgendered people? I don’t know.

I mean, here I am, someone who’s angry at the big banks and hedge funds who led to our nation’s financial ruin. I’ve lost a significant portion of my meager life savings thanks to their greed. I absolutely identify with the 99%. And yet these cheesedick academic douchebags make me want to reconsider my position. I’m thinking about joining the NYPD right now just for the outside chance to hit these people with a night stick.

Yo Occupy Wall Street, hire a PR firm.

from a similar article

According to those who walked out, part of the discontent with Economics 10 stems from what they say is the limited number of opportunities to express skepticism toward the material taught in the course.
Well, that's what your dumbasses get for choosing to go to a school where you get stuck in a class with more than 700 other students. (For example, I know of another (admittedly less prestigious--though much much less expensive) university in which even introductory economics classes are capped at 40 students and students have plenty of opportunity to ask questions if they desire.)

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. - OWS

Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end. - Tea Party

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. - The Huddle Moderates

I don't think that's precisely what tea-partiers have in mind, but, I think I love you for saying it?

The argumnet that "they dont know what their demands are" has to be one of the dumbest things said yet by the Tea Party fanatics that are being critical of occupy wall street.

Most of Tea Party people interviewed said how much they hate big gubmnet and evil gubmnet spending . . . and then in the next breath said they supported social security, Medicare and defense spending :wacko:

Perhaps the common link between OWS and the Tea Party is an inherent lack of facts and fiscal comprehension by a majority of their fanatical followers? :tup:

As for the inane attempts to paint them as raping looters . . . there are bad apples in every bunch. Most Tea Party people here flatly denied that there were any racists at their rallies, and then when shown evidence tried to paint it as an insiduous liberal plot. :lol: Extreme movements attract extremists. Every movement has unsavory elements and people that will use the cover of the publicgatherings to further their own agendas. Every movement has their rotten apples, but it doesnt mean that they should be allowed to distract from the actual messages (if a coherent message can be found) being portrayed.

Someone please write it down. The boy princess hit this one 500 feet, denting cars in the parking lot. :rofl:

Drug and gang-related shootings are not uncommon in downtown Oakland, and city leaders have complained the encampment has pulled law enforcement resources away from solving them. Thursday's shooting in the center of the debated camp comes a day after a group of Oakland city and business leaders held a news conference demanding the removal of the encampment, saying that it has hurt downtown businesses and has continued to pose safety concerns.

:wacko:

What did they think would happen when they focused their energy on people camping in parks instead of fighting crime? I understand though. These protestors are less likely to shoot the cops than drug dealers in Oakland. And the police can target practice on these stationary protesters and not expect any retaliation.

Edited by WaterMan

What did they think would happen when they focused their energy on people camping in parks instead of fighting crime? I understand though. These protestors are less likely to shoot the cops than drug dealers in Oakland. And the police can target practice on these stationary protesters and not expect any retaliation.

This shooting happened at the OWS encampment, did it not?

You continue to redefine the bounds of offensive stupidity.

The new leader of the Democratic supported Flea Bagger movement has been announced!

Congratulations on your movement finally becoming legitimate and mainstream. This step will go a long way to influencing the 2012 elections and showing that democrats really have their pulse on America.

Occupy Denver is the first of the Occupy Wall Street camps across the country to elect a leader: Shelby, a Border Collie mix seen here, who was anointed after a long meeting Sunday night, and has already requested a meeting with Governor John Hickenlooper.
Edited by tosberg34