[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vernon Davis

Savage Beatings

Is Vernon Davis droppable in TE mandatory redrafts? San Fran is pretty gross right now and Davis (while arguably their most reliable receiver) just isn't getting the ball very much.

I'm looking at Fred Davis on the Waiver Wire and thinking about making the switch. I don't know... talk me into doing something here.

If you don't like him and don't think he will come around, trade him. I wouldn't mind adding Vernon my roster at this point. He is a perennial top five TE that has started slow. He had to stay in to block last week. It happens to TEs sometimes. He'll end up with 800 yards and 8 TDs this season.

Pretty sure he was #1 the year before last. Don't know if two years running counts as perennial. Be a doll and google it for us.

Botanically speaking it means living for 3 or more years. To that extent, I guess she needs one more year out of Vernon Davis. I've got him on 2 rosters so it probably won't be this year.

ETA: I'd give him at least one more week Savage.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I'm a bit nervous, but he is nowhere near dropable in the leagues I'm playing in with 20 person rosters and no roster requirements.

Yeah. I look at what's available on waivers in those leagues and giving VD one more week is really the only viable option anyways.

Davis went into his coaches office today and wanted to know his role in the offense and ask for the ball. Hold one more week to see if they target him. If after asking for the Ball and Edwards out and a hurt crabtree , Davis still gets no real stats then yes drop him.

Link?

Perhaps perennial was a bit overboard. He has been a great fantasy TE for the last 2 years. I don't think you consider dropping him after 2 weeks. Add a backup TE, but drop a wr5 before dropping Vernon.

Link?

Sorry I should have put a link.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/09/21/ho...rs-from-vernon/

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011...im-on-anything/

The Niners have gained 415 yards this season, the fewest they’ve had in back-to-back games since they managed 398 yards in the final two games of the 2007 season.

How can they improve?

Tight end Vernon Davis has some thoughts on the subject. And he shared them with coach Jim Harbaugh this week after an overtime loss to the Cowboys in which Davis said he was surprised he was asked to do so much blocking.

Both Davis and Harbaugh said their chat was all about football. Did they discuss how Davis told the media about his apparent displeasure with his offensive role after he had two catches for 18 yards?

Harbaugh didn’t bite.

“Conversations are two-way, you know,” Harbaugh said. “Me and him.”

Davis was more eager to talk about the meeting, which he said was amicable and didn’t touch on his post-game frustration.

I think you hold on Vernon. Maybe try & find someone else on your roster to drop for Fred. Then start FD until VD comes on.

Did this in my yahoo league....sucks yes, but luckily there is a flex position and I can play both (if I wanted to) - thinking that FD is gonna tear up the Cowboys secondary on Monday night, so I'm playing him over VD this week.