[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok Let's nit pick Romo

Cowboyz1

Romo is Brett Favre light without the superbowl ring and league MVP's. Dilfer put it best. He just cant manage a game. Sometimes the best play to make is no play at all. He treats every play like the game depends on it.

Exactly, I could not find how to say it but you nailed it. I love that about him but it also gets him in trouble. If he could find a way to balance that one thing he could be great. At 27-3 he could say I'm not going to throw the ball unless I see my receiver open AND I see the field. Man you put it perfectly. He's like a boxer who has the fight won against a puncher but won't stay away from him in the last round and gets knocked out by a desperation haymaker. Man he's just so good at times it's maddening.

The third pick was inexcusable. Witten was open but the window had closed. The throw was just too late and floated.

As a Lions fan, I was pleased by the collapse. Romo has to take some of the blame, but poor coaching and receivers not knowing their routes were the main culprits. I thought Wayne Fontes was sending in those plays.

That Calvin Johnson guy is pretty good.........

Witten was behind the defense, but he had much more room in front of him a few seconds before. It would have been a much easier throw before the defender dropped back to Witten. All in all, it was a terrible pass/decision.

I Agree that the third interception was completely Romo's fault. He threw the ball off balance when he didn't even need to get rid of it so quickly. Pressure was coming, but it wasn't there yet. He could have moved outside the tackle box and found another receiver or thrown the ball away. As a Lions fan, I'm glad he didn't, but it was definitely his fault.

Edited by yilduz

Nit pick? Nit pick is what you do when a guy keeps doing everything right but you just keep looking for flaws. He has personally thrown two games away this year. Yes, he put the boys on his back and single-handedly won the SF game and gutted out a win vs Washington when he was injured.

But pointing to three very, very costly INTs. As in, lost them the game costly is not "nit picking". It's laying blame at the feet of a guy who continues to show he's got really, really bad timing for when and where he makes his blunders.

I'll be honest, I think the play-calling seems odd to say the least, but Romo is absolutely choking games away.

I Agree that the third interception was completely Romo's fault. He threw the ball off balance when he didn't even need to get rid of it so quickly. Pressure was coming, but it wasn't there yet. He could have moved outside the tackle box and found another receiver or thrown the ball away. As a Lions fan, I'm glad he didn't, but it was definitely his fault.

...or just protected the ball, taken the sack and kept the clock moving. Pretty much anything except what he did.

But so not to be strictly labeled as a Cowboy hater, I will say it was awfully gutsy of him, broken ribs and all, to stand in the pocket and at least try to deliver the pass. :wacko:

I really feel for the guy. I like Romo and I cheer for him to do well. But just when he finally starts to silence his critics with gutsy, heroic games, he hands the Lions multiple opportunities to get back into the game. You just gotta take him for what he is. He'll win you some games in heroic fashion, but he'll cost you some games too. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's enough more good than bad here to ever take the Boys seriously if they make the playoffs(any year) with Romo.

Not so sure about the gutsy heroics folks are mentioning. He is hardly the first Q.B. to play with broken ribs. In fact few Q.B.'s complete their careers without wearing a flack jacket, unless their careers are short indeed.

The debilitation from cracked ribs is pain. It is not strength nor range of motion except for being brought up short by pain. Romo was feeling no pain at all thanks to a needle. How getting shot up equals heroics is beyond me.