[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ingram owners

SLAYER

I felt the same way about Mathews last year and think that Ingram will do in his 2nd season what Mathews has done with his...great talent, great situation ...but still doesn't become fantasy relevant as soon as we expected - didn't Mathews put it on in the 2nd half of the season?..I expect Ingram to get it going late and then next year fight with Sproles only for touches.....I expect Pierre to be gone...

I concur...I had Matthews last year as well. Hopefully, Ingram cranks out a great second half.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUYS, I know we've said that he was gonna break out against Houston...then against Jacksonville...then against an injury-plagued Carolina d....then against Indy...but THIS week is the week-its gotta be right? STL is bottom 5 against the run and just allowed DeMarco Murray to torch them for nearly 250 yards---it's gotta be this week right? :wacko:

I'd love to drop him because I don't know that he's going to have a breakout week this season but there's nobody worth picking up on waivers.

I think the reason why I'm not dropping him is that, despite the fact that I'm underwhelmed by his production thus far, he's the 25th RB in the league I have him in and we start 2 RBs plus 2 Flex.

In other words, he's not only worth keeping, he's worth starting.

So there's that...

I think the reason why I'm not dropping him is that, despite the fact that I'm underwhelmed by his production thus far, he's the 25th RB in the league I have him in and we start 2 RBs plus 2 Flex.

In other words, he's not only worth keeping, he's worth starting.

So there's that...

I ended up getting P. Thomas off waivers as well as owning Ingram....I have really bad RB core, is it better to hope P. Thomas becomes #1 rb again? He is a duel threat and that at least could get him 10+ poitns w/o TD unlike Ingram.

GUYS, I know we've said that he was gonna break out against Houston...then against Jacksonville...then against an injury-plagued Carolina d....then against Indy...but THIS week is the week-its gotta be right? STL is bottom 5 against the run and just allowed DeMarco Murray to torch them for nearly 250 yards---it's gotta be this week right? :wacko:

:tup:

Is this Chili Con Queso and his burritoing piece of taco bruised heel going to even see the field or what. I bought this turd as a high-end #2 RB, clear starter in an explosive offense, sky's the limit, between-the-tackles ground and pound guy with a tacoload of upside. burrito. burrito. burrito.

going into my drafts i believed that pt was going to get the lion's share for the 1st half of the year, until ingram learned the system and could prove he could pick up blitzers... slowly changing the distribution of touches weeks 4-12 to be more heavy on ingram. sproles is the x factor keeping both of them at bay. i haven't checked the numbers but i think all 3 are relatively close in touches. if they ultimately want to move on with ingram they have to show that thomas is worthy trade bait... at this point i do not see things changing much unless one of the 3 gets hurt.

going into my drafts i believed that pt was going to get the lion's share for the 1st half of the year, until ingram learned the system and could prove he could pick up blitzers... slowly changing the distribution of touches weeks 4-12 to be more heavy on ingram. sproles is the x factor keeping both of them at bay. i haven't checked the numbers but i think all 3 are relatively close in touches. if they ultimately want to move on with ingram they have to show that thomas is worthy trade bait... at this point i do not see things changing much unless one of the 3 gets hurt.

Snaps played stats:

Name......Total Snaps played.....running plays....pass plays.....run block.....pass blockSproles	232.................39...............168.......15..........10	Thomas	176..........51......................100........7............18	Ingram	155.................86..............52........10.......7

Edited by keggerz

his developement is proceding as expected...anyone expecting more to this point was either optimistic or foolish.

this is not unexpected to me. you cannot simply add up the previous years', 3 backs stats, and project them onto the rookie. (no matter how talented).

New Orleans is not a team that's gonna line up and pound the ball 25-30 times with a workhorse back. that's not their style.

we had a pre-season thread on this topic and i took a beating for having this same opinion. as usual, the ardent pre-season Ingram enthusiasts are nowhere to be found.

(FWIW, i took him in the 7th in a 10 teamer...-but that's really where he belonged)....-((not that im winning :wacko:))

he's my No. 1 this week :tup:

(Forte on a bye, Blount/Graham on bye/inj, McGahee inj.)

On the bright side I have A.Smith (against Baltimore) or L.Bell as my No. 2 :wacko:

So I'm hoping he rests up and goes off.....D.Murrey style. Anything is possible.

:tup:

He's 34th in my PPR league (it does have bonuses for 100 yd rush/rec games)

:wacko: 31st in the BOTH you and I play in

I was responding to Avernus' statement that PT is "irrelevant" in leagues of 10 or more teams....he's the 23rd ranked RB, which makes him a RB2 in most leagues, solid RB3/flex in the rest.

he's the same Pierre that made me high on him heading into last season, but won't get the touches he needs to be fantasy relevant in leagues 10 and below...unless you have a deep bench, but Ingram appears to be the more complete back out of the bunch that can handle the load...Pierre looks real small and Sproles is a home-run threat when he's fresh which means he's only going to eat up enough to create a 3 headed monster...

Ingram, to me seems like the 3rd wheel in this offense...or at least feels like when I am watching them....

this weeks he's a great start, but with Ingram in the mix, he was on the waiver wire 3x already this season in my local which has only 6 bench spots....I couldn't even pick him up with nobody to drop...:wacko:...but on a regular week I feel like Thomas is on the way out and could be the odd-man out imo if Ingram starts making some plays down the stretch

this weeks he's a great start, but with Ingram in the mix, he was on the waiver wire 3x already this season in my local which has only 6 bench spots....I couldn't even pick him up with nobody to drop...:wacko:...but on a regular week I feel like Thomas is on the way out and could be the odd-man out imo if Ingram starts making some plays down the stretch

guess we'll just disagree on this....hard to believe a guy with double-digit points in 4 of the 7 weeks, is the 23rd ranked RB overall, and one injury away from mid-teen touches on an offensive firehouse, was ever on anyone's waiver-wire.

is he on the way out in New Orleans? Probably....but that has no bearing on what he has done, and is doing, this year.

guess we'll just disagree on this....hard to believe a guy with double-digit points in 4 of the 7 weeks, is the 23rd ranked RB overall, and one injury away from mid-teen touches on an offensive firehouse, was ever on anyone's waiver-wire.

is he on the way out in New Orleans? Probably....but that has no bearing on what he has done, and is doing, this year.

he's at the back end of RB2...more like S3 with the touches he would get, but he's easily a start this week...

he's at the back end of RB2...more like S3 with the touches he would get, but he's easily a start this week...

:wacko: Payton already said If Ingram can't go Ivory will play. So I wouldn't go overboard on those PT expectations. He loves RBBC.

I realize you're talking PPR, but in non-PPR, he's the #30RB and scored negative points in week 6 (penalties for fumbles). He's been in double digits once (last week).

I agree with you though - he should be rostered for his situation alone, but using him as a starter in a 12-team league is entirely matchup and situation(injuries)-dependent. This week is the first week I would consider starting him. He's been a free agent in my local for a few weeks.

Thomas has more points than CJ2K though, so maybe you're right?

Edited by stethant

I realize you're talking PPR, but in non-PPR, he's the #30RB and scored negative points in week 6 (penalties for fumbles). He's been in double digits once (last week).

I agree with you though - he should be rostered for his situation alone, but using him as a starter in a 12-team league is entirely matchup and situation(injuries)-dependent. This week is the first week I would consider starting him. He's been a free agent in my local for a few weeks.

Thomas has more points than CJ2K though, so maybe you're right?

I forgot to mention my league is non-PPR....6 bench spots and no PPR.....

Snaps played stats:

Name......Total Snaps played.....running plays....pass plays.....run block.....pass block
Sproles	232.................39...............168.......15..........10	
Thomas	176..........51......................100........7............18	
Ingram	155.................86..............52........10.......7

sproles: 39-289-2 rushing; 45-329-2 receiving

ingram: 85-329-3; 8-29

thomas: 51-222; 20-206-1

so 84 touches for sproles

93 for ingram

71 for thomas

• 2 weeks later...

From Rotoworld:

Mark Ingram (heel) returned to Saints practice Wednesday, participating in a limited fashion.

Ingram's first practice since getting hurt in Week 7 puts him on track to return against the Falcons, but it wouldn't be surprising if he ends up a game-time decision. With Chris Ivory coming off a solid performance against the Bucs, the Saints don't need to push their first-round pick. Ivory's value will all but dry up once Ingram returns, but coach Sean Payton said Wednesday he's not against dressing four running backs on game day. Nov 9 - 3:12 PM