[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid just keeps on winning, with a lot of help from his team and their inept opponents. I'm a believer in these things

- he can play well late in games (but still blows for most of the first half or 3/4 or more)

- he inspires his teammates

- he somehow causes his opponents to do really stupid things

Its too bad I won't be getting the NE-DEN game in my local market (CLE will have CLE-ARZ at 4PM on CBS). But considering the usual fantastic Tebow finishes if it is any good it should make it to NFL Replay.

PS Caught this on FNIA, he was talking to the sideline reporter, and when she said something about his receivers he said "Those guys are making me look better than I am." So he is actually worse than he appears :wacko:

Count me as a Tebow doubter who will not nay-say any more. I don't get it, don't understand it, but if it keeps happening week after week after week, there's something to it. I really thought that the Bears would squash him this week.

Until the last two drives, they did. And neither of those drives should even have happened. Gotta give him credit for taking what Chicago stupidly offered him, though. He definitely likes the pressure!

Just got back from the game. I have been privledged to experience some spectacular things as a player, coach, and fan - but this literally supercedes any of those experiences. The stadium was rocking a good half hour after the game was over even as people were in the process of leaving.

That said, some observations. DEN shows a proclivity that extends well beyond stubborness and common sense IMO in trying to run the ball between the tackles. They ran one toss sweep fairly early that worked particularly well against what the Bears' D was doing and never ran it again. They brought in an extra OT eligible 4 times in the first 57 1/2 minures, but never went 5 wide until the last 2 drives. I know Fox is conservative and they are trying to limit what they expose Tebow to, but spreading the D given the Bears' game plan and attacking the edges quickly seemed like a logical and rational way to exploit it - and DEN stubbornly refused to do so until they were absolutely forced to at the end of the game. To be effective on O, Fox and McCoy are going to have to open up the O a lot earlier and mix things up a lot more. The ultra-conservative coaching is as much an impediment to DEN's offensive scoring success as what Ds are doing.

Barber had a really nice game in place of Forte and it was a shame that his boneheaded run OB gave DEN a second life after the perfectly executed onside kickoff went right through DEN's hands. As to the fumble - even if Barber hadn't fumbled it still would have left Gould with about a 55 yder, which if he would have missed would have given DEN great field position (in fact, better than what they would have had after recovering the fumble). After 3 straight completions, CHI pulled in their horns just a little too early in being willing to take such a long kick. And as long as Caleb Hanie is in the league and starting, there is no way anyone should think that Tebow is the worst passer in the NFL.

Oh - and ETA that both teams need WRs who actually catch passes that hit them squarely in the hands. One of the worst dispalys by WRs dropping passes on both sides as I have seen in a long long time.

Edited by Bronco Billy

BB Sounds like a great time to be a Broncos fan, something you weren't expecting after the first 5 weeks.

If you want to relive the magic and didn't record the game it will be on NFLN NFL Replay on Tuesday (based on what I've read at 506.com).

Will be interesting to see what happens next week vs the Pats, who can certainly score a lot of points, but have a terrible D. If the Broncos don't open it up earlier, they'll probably have a big deficit to overcome in the second half.

Wikipedia's John 3:16 entry

John 3:16 (chapter 3, verse 16 of the Gospel of John) is one of the most widely quoted verses from the Christian Bible,[1] and has been called the most famous Bible verse.[2] It has also been called the "Gospel in a nutshell"[2] because it is considered a summary of the central dogma of traditional Christianity:TIM TEBOW:)

I will believe a little if they beat the Patriots.

Agreed. Next week, they will face a prolific offense, and will have to compete offensively themselves for four quarters...can he/they do it???? And it looks like we may see it more than once...next week vs. NE, and then again in the playoffs. Gonna be interesting.

I will believe a little if they beat the Patriots.

You'll believe a little if they can beat the team tied for the 2nd best record in the NFL? What will you believe if it were to happen - that they could win the SB? Sheesh. 7-1 isn't good enough for you? Well, I'm sure the Broncos and their fans will be greatly relieved if they do manage to beat the Pats that you will believe a little,,,

You'll believe a little if they can beat the team tied for the 2nd best record in the NFL? What will you believe if it were to happen - that they could win the SB? Sheesh. 7-1 isn't good enough for you? Well, I'm sure the Broncos and their fans will be greatly relieved if they do manage to beat the Pats that you will believe a little,,,

If you think today's Denver win was anything other than a monumental f**k up by every element of the Bears, you're delusional. The Bears handed this one over, gift wrapped with a nice pink bow on it. Without their outrageously bad coaching, their witlessness, lack of awareness and their failure to protect the ball, the only thing you'd be talking about this evening is how bad Tebow is.

BB Sounds like a great time to be a Broncos fan, something you weren't expecting after the first 5 weeks.

If you want to relive the magic and didn't record the game it will be on NFLN NFL Replay on Tuesday (based on what I've read at 506.com).

Will be interesting to see what happens next week vs the Pats, who can certainly score a lot of points, but have a terrible D. If the Broncos don't open it up earlier, they'll probably have a big deficit to overcome in the second half.

It's crazy here. Watching a team headed for another top 5 draft pick, change QBs to a guy who a lot of experts said can't play the position in the NFL, and then reel off heartstopping win after win is nuts - what fanbase wouldn't fall heads over heels in love with that kind of performance from their guys? I just wish that they'd open up the O earlier in the game rather than only doing it when it is at a do-or-die stage in the game. I mean, the wild come-from-behind wins are great, no doubt, but it would be nice playing from a lead once in a freakin' while.

Edited by Bronco Billy

If you think today's Denver win was anything other than a monumental f**k up by every element of the Bears, you're delusional. The Bears handed this one over, gift wrapped with a nice pink bow on it. Without their outrageously bad coaching, their witlessness, lack of awareness and their failure to protect the ball, the only thing you'd be talking about this evening is how bad Tebow is.

Wow, Sounds like DEN didn't even have to take the field for the Bears to find a way to beat themselves.

It's crazy here. Watching a team headed for another top 5 draft pick, change QBs to a guy who a lot of experts said can't play the position in the NFL, and then reel off heartstopping win after win is nuts - what fanbase wouldn't fall heads over heels in love with that kind of performance from their guys? I just wish that they'd open up the O earlier in the game rather than only doing it when it is at a do-or-die stage in the game. I mean, the wild come-from-behind wins are great, no doubt, but it would be nice playing from a lead once in a freakin' while.

Speak for yourself. I love watching Tebow poop the sheets for 50 minutes or more before turning into a monumental force. That he sucks so bad leading right up to the moment were he beats all odds is what makes the whole thing work for me. I wouldn't change a thing.

I also love that the Broncos story is offering an alternative storyline to the Packers. I think it helps keep some of the pressure off the Packers.

Wow, Sounds like DEN didn't even have to take the field for the Bears to find a way to beat themselves.

They didn't. The Bears have often found amazing and unique ways to skewer themselves. This one stands out as one of the more astounding football suicides I have ever seen. To try to assert that Tebow was responsible for the win is sheer nonsense.

They didn't. The Bears have often found amazing and unique ways to skewer themselves. This one stands out as one of the more astounding football suicides I have ever seen. To try to assert that Tebow was responsible for the win is sheer nonsense.

Well, I'd like to think that the Broncos had at least a little to do with the win. I guess not.

:wacko:

Just don't start calling them the Cardiac Kids or I'll come out to Denver and go all Jeff Gillooly on Tebow :tup:

Ok, epic fail, never mind :wacko:

Edited by stevegrab

I felt the same in the Broncos win over my hapless Vikes. You can thank extremely piss poor pass coverage, turnovers by Ponder, and McGahee for that one.

Some food for thought:

Tim Tebow, 2011 season

1st 3 Quarters

43 completions in 111 attempts

Completion Percentage 38.7%

Passing Yards Per Attempt 4.69 ypa

Touchdown/Interception ratio 5:1

Quarterback Passer Rating 65.1

4th Quarter/Overtime

57 completions in 83 attempts

Completion Percentage 60.9%

Passing Yards Per Attempt 8.85 ypa

Touchdown/Interception ratio 6:1

Quarterback Passer Rating 107.9

Some food for thought:

Tim Tebow, 2011 season

1st 3 Quarters

43 completions in 111 attempts

Completion Percentage 38.7%

Passing Yards Per Attempt 4.69 ypa

Touchdown/Interception ratio 5:1

Quarterback Passer Rating 65.1

4th Quarter/Overtime

57 completions in 83 attempts

Completion Percentage 60.9%

Passing Yards Per Attempt 8.85 ypa

Touchdown/Interception ratio 6:1

Quarterback Passer Rating 107.9

Not bad for a running back.

As to the fumble - even if Barber hadn't fumbled it still would have left Gould with about a 55 yder, which if he would have missed would have given DEN great field position (in fact, better than what they would have had after recovering the fumble).

Uh . . . if Barber doesn't fumble there, he probably scores. There was nobody between him and the end zone. When the play broke, I said, "ballgame" and then the ball pops up in the air! There is no way that should have happened.