[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

Uh . . . if Barber doesn't fumble there, he probably scores. There was nobody between him and the end zone. When the play broke, I said, "ballgame" and then the ball pops up in the air! There is no way that should have happened.

Unlikely, Tebow would have made the tackle.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to the fumble - even if Barber hadn't fumbled it still would have left Gould with about a 55 yder, which if he would have missed would have given DEN great field position (in fact, better than what they would have had after recovering the fumble).

huh? Barber would very likely have had a first down, and it looked like he might even have taken it to the house.

Edited by nelsosi

I am loving the storyline here...its going to be that much sweeter when the Broncos fall flat on their faces in the playoffs... :tup:

Oh hell, you know that's not going to happen. We're going to watch comeback after comeback all the way through the playoffs, where they will knock off the undefeated Packers. They will then rename the Super Bowl:

"The Tebow Chalice"

Then, ESPN et al, will cram that story down our throats as only they can from here to eternity.

Oh sh.it, he is the anti-Christ. :wacko:

Oh hell, you know that's not going to happen. We're going to watch comeback after comeback all the way through the playoffs, where they will knock off the undefeated Packers. They will then rename the Super Bowl:

"The Tebow Chalice"

Then, ESPN et al, will cram that story down our throats as only they can from here to eternity.

Oh sh.it, he is the anti-Christ. :wacko:

I was once a non-believer and I watched Sunday's performance and I SEE THE LIGHT!! Tebow has divine powers.

Using the same logic, his Tebowish powers have worked on all teams but the Lions. Therefore, the gods are more in favor of the Lions (proof of same on Sunday). Therefore, the Lions will win the Super Bowl. You are all welcome to the church. Come and enjoy the Kool-Aid.

This thread title should be renamed to:

Tebow is an Amazement.

He took a 1-4 team and has reeled off 6 straight wins and is 7-1 as a starter this year. (Two of those wins avenged earlier seasons losses.)

Luv him or hate him, he is an AMAZEMENT!

I am loving the storyline here...its going to be that much sweeter when the Broncos fall flat on their faces in the playoffs... :wacko:

Why? That a team with the second worst record in the NFL last season turns around what started as another completely dismal year, with a 1-4 start, and begins to start a QB most experts are absolutely certain can't play in the NFL is even mentioned in playoff talk is amazing. How far do you think people expect DEN to get if they even make the playoffs?

Blind homerism is a helluva drug.

But to assert that he had no part in it is also incorrect. He did a nice job of taking what the Bears stupidly gave him.

But to assert that he had no part in it is also incorrect. He did a nice job of taking what the Bears stupidly gave him.

It's the reason why Eli won the SB MVP when they beat the Pats. They were only even in the game at all because the D played so amazingly well. However, were it not for the last drive, it would have simply been a valiant effort that ended up as a loss. Same goes here. As great as the D played, it would have done so in a losing cause had Tebow and the offense not pulled their heads out of their asses in time to score the last 13 pts of the game.

I think the reason why people are so quick to point out the other major reasons for why they're winning is because the default is to lay it on Tebow. I know that's my reason for doing so. Von Miller may break the NFL rookie sack record, but if you're not a hardcore sports fan, you'd never know.

And, so far, the D is saying all the right things. Then again, so far, the team is winning and doing so in dramatic fashion. So you'd have to be a total a-hole on that team to say, "Gee, I'd be nice if the offense would just go out and play well from the get go so we're not forced to carry this team for once." However, it is only a matter of time, and a few losses, before that starts to happen. Remember in Tampa? They had a great D for several years but could never get over the top because of the offense. Eventually, the D started yapping.

And, so far, the D is saying all the right things.

As is Tebow.

A sign of a very good leader. Not once he has not given praise to all from kicker, defense, offense, and coaches.

As a parent of a a very good baseball prospect, I make certain my son listens to his press conferences. The fan may give credit to Tebow and they should as he has been amazing in crunch time but Tebow is without question the most humble player on that team and that attitude is infectious.

On another note, what the average fan may not also consider is the Broncos should have been up 10-0 if not for an easy TD drop and missed chip shot FG against the Bears.

One thing that is certain, Tebow may talk of challenges of winning but his make up is such that he will continue to lead by example regardless and the next play is the most important in his mind. Not once since he has been the starter have we seen or much less heard him blame anyone or ever give up.

He is a big story and deservedly so and while he is without question the face of the franchise these days, he makes certain to applaud the efforts of the team game.

His press conferences are actually quite refreshing even when he is constantly answering the negative play questions.

I can't wait to see how the media portrays the "evil genius" of Belicheck against the "anointed one" of Tebow and his Broncos this weekend. I'm sure a lot of people who don't believe in the Broncos as being legit assume this game will be a laugher with NE winning by 2+ TDs easily. Hey, if Washington can hang with New England, anyone can.

I can't wait to see how the media portrays the "evil genius" of Belicheck against the "anointed one" of Tebow and his Broncos this weekend. I'm sure a lot of people who don't believe in the Broncos as being legit assume this game will be a laugher with NE winning by 2+ TDs easily. Hey, if Washington can hang with New England, anyone can.

Exactly. Like I said earlier, we're talking about the Rex Grossman-led Redskins. Not sure if Washington makes my list of teams that are better off than Denver when it comes to the QB position.

You'll believe a little if they can beat the team tied for the 2nd best record in the NFL? What will you believe if it were to happen - that they could win the SB? Sheesh. 7-1 isn't good enough for you? Well, I'm sure the Broncos and their fans will be greatly relieved if they do manage to beat the Pats that you will believe a little,,,

um look who DEN has beaten, esp given the specifics of the situation. Crappy or depleted teams. Not one legit good team.

Tebow is a winner and has done well when it counted and is a swell feel-good gee-whiz story and I hope he continues to do really well, but I am far from sold on the guy long term. Until he shows he can actually pass consistently well he is on borrowed time.