[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worst game

eags

Running neck and neck for lamest conclusion with "Anybody who doesn't think Tebow will succeed must hate him because he loves god" is "The whole country is going bananas over this kid"

Nah, blowing both away are "I hate Tebow because he loves God and keeps throwing it in everyone's face." Did I miss some press conferences where he does this or something because I have yet to see him do much more than kneel and do a short prayer in the end zone, which I'll take over the obnoxious end zone celebration BS any day of the week and twice on Sundays - though truth be told IMO the Barry Sanders-esque just flip the ball to the ref is still the best.

Tebows last drive was great. Aside from that the game was a hugh snoozefest. Denvers D won that game and we are past the point where anyone should consider Sanchez and NFL caliber qb. His gift wrapped pick 6 and Denvers D had a lot more to do with the win than Tebow as far as why this game was won. Again, his last drive was sweet and I have been quoted on here as saying I do appreciate the undenyable "it" factor this kid has but You cant consistently , over the long haul, run a college offense in the NFL IMO.

Edited by whomper

we are past the point where anyone should consider Sanchez and NFL caliber qb. His gift wrapped pick 6 and Denvers D had a lot more to do with the win

I said when the Jets drafted him it was stupid and he was overrated. Didn't anyone learn from Ak. Smith etc? Never draft a QB high who has only had ONE good year.

Nah, blowing both away are "I hate Tebow because he loves God and keeps throwing it in everyone's face." Did I miss some press conferences where he does this or something because I have yet to see him do much more than kneel and do a short prayer in the end zone, which I'll take over the obnoxious end zone celebration BS any day of the week and twice on Sundays - though truth be told IMO the Barry Sanders-esque just flip the ball to the ref is still the best.

I guess I'm just never around when someone says this, because I've honestly never heard or read it. I'm sure a search would reveal that there are people who feel this way, but my guess is that there are way, way less of them than anyone likes to pretend.

Do people make jokes regarding him and Jesus? Do people put Jesus on the back of #15 spamshirts? Sure, but I haven't seen the vitriol directed towards his faith that so many claim exists. At least on the level they say it does.

I guess I'm just never around when someone says this, because I've honestly never heard or read it.

In so many words I have seen it implied, here and elsewhere. Often people "joke" but still mean the gist of the joke. Course online not always easy to say for sure, but it's there.

I haven't seen "Anybody who doesn't think Tebow will succeed must hate him because he loves god" either, actually, but happy to concede that's out there too.

the thursday night football games have been pathetic this year. if its the short week or what i dunno. also the nfl network talking heads all seem really bad to me.

:wacko:

Game of the year in Week 1. Pretty good, exciting game last week. And despite being ugly, an electric finish last night. That's far from pathetic.

And Mike Mayock is pretty freaking awesome. He knows the heck out of his football. Yeah he's got a slight lisp but it used to be far worse, and it's still a million times better than listening to idiots like Dierdorf, Millen, etc.

If it wasn't for that last play, I would have considered watching Greys Anatomy for the remaining Thursdays.

The Jets should be embarrassed by their performance. The gimmicks Denver threw out to hide the fact that their QB cannot throw (the best arm is the wide receiver), were laughable. They kept giving the Jets the ball and 10 pts and a pick 6 is all they could do. I did not know Denver's defense was that good. One thing for sure, Sanchez is not god.

That last play alone makes this game worthwhile.

Yeah but many people probably fell asleep before then.

As far as the announcers, same guys that did last weeks Thursday game and will do all the rest. The best pair that NFLN has had, although I liked Bob Papa better than Nessler.

3, including opening day.

True but different network, different announcers and different caliber of game.

I have a feeling some of those posting about how bad it is are NYC Time Warner customers who don't get NFLN and have little experience watching their games in general.

While they may be the worst in many ways (announcers, production crew, and caliber of game compared to other prime time and featured games on Sunday), I'll take an extra game of football on Thursday rather than not have it.

Running neck and neck for lamest conclusion with "Anybody who doesn't think Tebow will succeed must hate him because he loves god" is "The whole country is going bananas over this kid"

Sure, the whole country has an opinion on him, one way or the other, but there is no shortage of us in the camp that doesn't think he'll ultimately pan out.

There's also a large number of NFL fans who don't know who Tebow is or care. People who don't watch college football, who are not fantasy geeks, who don't watch ESPN hours every day, and who haven't seen a Denver game featuring him. I know that doesn't apply to anybody here, but we are still just a small segment of the NFL fanbase.

There's also a large number of NFL fans who don't know who Tebow is or care. People who don't watch college football, who are not fantasy geeks, who don't watch ESPN hours every day, and who haven't seen a Denver game featuring him. I know that doesn't apply to anybody here, but we are still just a small segment of the NFL fanbase.

Are there? "Fans of the NFL" who don't know or care who he is? Assuming, of course, that you don't define "fans of the NFL" as anyone who's ever filled out a 10x10 bracket at a SB party. But define it as, "people who make a point of watching games on a somewhat regular basis."

My guess is that anyone who is remotely a fan of the NFL knows damned well who Tim Tebow is and that there's a big to do with him right now.

And Mike Mayock is pretty freaking awesome. He knows the heck out of his football. Yeah he's got a slight lisp but it used to be far worse, and it's still a million times better than listening to idiots like Dierdorf, Millen, etc.

Meh. It annoyed me when there were 18 seconds left and McKnight failed to get out of bounds, so the clock kept running and Mayock was yelling about how he couldn't believe the Jets weren't calling a timeout. Maybe because they used their last timeout a couple plays earlier? The graphic's right there on the TV for everyone to see.

Good call. I started off by flipping from the game to Enter the Dragon, but as the game wore on I found myself just watching Bruce Lee whoop ass.

O'Hara did disgrace them, no question. The guy needed his ass kicked. What I never got was how ineffective Lee's Teacher was at defending his sister.

If it wasn't for that last play, I would have considered watching Greys Anatomy for the remaining Thursdays.

The Jets should be embarrassed by their performance. The gimmicks Denver threw out to hide the fact that their QB cannot throw (the best arm is the wide receiver), were laughable. They kept giving the Jets the ball and 10 pts and a pick 6 is all they could do. I did not know Denver's defense was that good. One thing for sure, Sanchez is not god.

But he has a career choice as a G.Q. model and he might have Inez Sainz number so he has got that going for him, which is nice!