[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys

Cowboyz1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas apologists, come on down...you are the next contestants on "The Choke is Right".

The Million Dollar Question: Who choked the most:

1. Demarcus Ware: handing the Giants two key 5-yard penalties on their final drive, simply by not paying attention.

2. Tony Romo: handing the Giants an early lead with a brutal safety, then missing a wide-open Austin on 3rd-and-5 which would have won the game.

3. Rex Ryan: the leader of a joke of a defense, calling blita after blitz that were apparent to a prepared Manning

4. Dan Bailey: just how many games in a row can you cost your team? The ball is supposed to go through the uprights, not left or into the line.

BTW, please see my sigline...TIA.

1 and you are forgetting probably the biggest joke of all. Dallas secondary. Just an absolute joke. Truly laughable joke. This game is a script Dallas fans have seen over and over and over again. Brutal 4th Q penalties, the inability to make a big stop ever and then something cute and quirky like missing the 2nd fg after making the first. I had to work tonight. I caught the 4th q. I know you guys trip over yourselves to blame everything on Romo and yes he made a bad throw to austin but once again he had them in position to at least get to OT. The problem with Dallas is they flat out have no balls.

Edited by whomper

1 and you are forgetting probably the biggest joke of all. Dallas secondary. Just an absolute joke. Truly laughable joke. This game is a script Dallas fans have seen over and over and over again. Brutal 4th Q penalties, the inability to make a big stop ever and then something cute and quirky like missing the 2nd fg after making the first. I had to work tonight. I caught the 4th q. I know you guys trip over yourselves to blame everything on Romo and yes he made a bad throw to austin but once again he had them in position to at least get to OT. The problem with Dallas is they flat out have no balls.

He actually played very well for 59:40. It was the two plays that took 20 seconds total that killed him. The Austin miss was brutal, and would have won the game had he made the easy completion.

The penalites on Ware were inexcusable....instead of a 2nd-and-24 at their own 49, its 1st down at the Cowboys' 32.

You are right, though...the secondary is brutal. I can't even imagine what Rodgers or Brees would so to them.

No apologist here. Losses like these are pretty much the norm, not the exception. I can barely stand to watch this team anymore, but they're still my team.

:wacko: So true. It really is. Watching the Cowboys as a fan is like saying "Hit me again Ike and put some stank on it" © Jim Carey

Wait a minute here. Slip was not the problem today at all. He put the team on his back to the tune of 4 tds and with out a running game. No picks and with 46 seconds put us yet again in position to extend the game. The blame rests solely on rob ryan and the defense period. Yeah he could of hit Austin for the winner but hey he did about as much as a qb can do to.win a game. The d shoud be embarrassed. They played disorganized. Pethetic d. Or secondary is horrid. Newman has dropped more sure td picks then the law allows. He's done. Jenkins is a walking injury. Ball is well ball. And scandrick is the best almost there corner of all time.

Pittyful. We now are back to one running back and no corners. Man what a let down. To let the giants come in and do.this to us with all.that was on the line is.just down right sad. Romo did enough to win could have made one more throw yes but if.the d can't protect a lead any better then that then it wont matter what he does it wont be enough.

The d shows flashes of heart then rolls over like a beaten dog with its tongue hanging out. I just don't get how they can find new and improved ways to f up a perfectly good game by our offense. I mean come on. MURRAY going down was crushing but to see slip go out there and play his butt off just to watch it crumble away is just sickening. Eli was just throwing.g the ball up literally on so many throws it was unbearable to watch. He didn't even see about 6 of them. What the hell was our corners doing back there while the ball was sailing into the wild blue gander. It happened all game long to. Rob kept blitzing and Eli kept lobbing it up. I knew it was over when we gave the ball back. The d was through I could tell by the way we kept helping the giants get closer the goalline giving free yardage. Don't know how to recover after this one. To many exposed players. Glad it happened now though so I can temper my expectations. We need new corners for sure and a leader on d with some nasty in em.

Edited by Cowboyz1

The d shows flashes of heart then rolls over like a beaten dog with its tongue hanging out. I just don't get how they can find new and improved ways to f up a perfectly good game by our offense. I mean come on. MURRAY going down was crushing but to see slip go out there and play his butt off just to watch it crumble away is just sickening. Eli was just throwing.g the ball up literally on so many throws it was unbearable to watch. He didn't even see about 6 of them. What the hell was our corners doing back there while the ball was sailing into the wild blue gander. It happened all game long to. Rob kept blitzing and Eli kept lobbing it up. I knew it was over when we gave the ball back. The d was through I could tell by the way we kept helping the giants get closer the goalline giving free yardage. Don't know how to recover after this one. To many exposed players. Glad it happened now though so I can temper my expectations. We need new corners for sure and a leader on d with some nasty in em.

Exactly. No balls on this team. Too soft

(5:07) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to V.Cruz to NYG 40 for 9 yards (A.Ball).

Anyone else notice that this pass went to Nicks, not Cruz? When do things like that get corrected?

depends on the site hosting your league. I think MFL does it Wednesdays ? cbs Tuesday ? I could be wrong

Dallas apologists, come on down...you are the next contestants on "The Choke is Right".

The Million Dollar Question: Who choked the most:

1. Demarcus Ware: handing the Giants two key 5-yard penalties on their final drive, simply by not paying attention.

2. Tony Romo: handing the Giants an early lead with a brutal safety, then missing a wide-open Austin on 3rd-and-5 which would have won the game.

3. Rex Ryan: the leader of a joke of a defense, calling blita after blitz that were apparent to a prepared Manning

4. Dan Bailey: just how many games in a row can you cost your team? The ball is supposed to go through the uprights, not left or into the line.

BTW, please see my sigline...TIA.

you bastage! :lol::wacko::rofl::tup:

Sounds a lot like an excuse if you ask me...you guys have DeMarcus Frick'n Ware, who is one of if not the best defensive players in the game.

Newman had a pick six in the palms of his hands :wacko:

....and he dropped it. He pretty much sucks, and its why teams aren't afraid to throw at him.

At some point, you just have to realize the players aren't very good. Ryan can call all the complex blitz and coverage schemes he wants, but if the players are not athletic or talented enough to execute, it kinda makes those schemes moot. If you want to blame the defensive coach, blame him for not dumbing down the defense enough to protect his marginal players, and not leave them 1-on-1 to get exposed.

....and he dropped it. He pretty much sucks, and its why teams aren't afraid to throw at him.

At some point, you just have to realize the players aren't very good. Ryan can call all the complex blitz and coverage schemes he wants, but if the players are not athletic or talented enough to execute, it kinda makes those schemes moot. If you want to blame the defensive coach, blame him for not dumbing down the defense enough to protect his marginal players, and not leave them 1-on-1 to get exposed.

every pass play I hold my breath in fear of a defensive pass interference call from the refs. every pass play.

Sounds a lot like an excuse if you ask me...you guys have DeMarcus Frick'n Ware, who is one of if not the best defensive players in the game.

His point isnt about talent. Its about toughness and leadership. Ware is a freak talent but he has to have the leadership and poise not to hand the Giants first downs in the final minutes of the game with the division on the line . I am not talking about off the field character when I say this but as far as on the field Dallas needs a Ray Lewis type. Sure everyone can use one of the best LBs ever to play the game but its not even for his talent. They need a fired up leader that the players will feed off of. Their D is just a bunch of bumbling pricks when the game is on the line. Just flailing their arms and barely in the camera shot when the wr makes the catch. God bless Eli . Dude has poise. I am not taking away from what he did last night as he has done it before but Annette Funacello could have completed those passes. Thats how wide open the receivers were

Newman is a liability. Jenkins has been hurt for like 3 years now.

The second the Giants scored the TD Before they scored the game winner me and every other Cowboys fan that has watched this bumbling train wreck knew this game was over and Dallas was done. I just absolutely knew it in my bones . They drove so effortlessly and easily that the D should have been absolutely ashamed of themselves

The 3 and out after that TD was inevitable and the rest was history. I thought under Garret they were a little more disciplined than under wade and last year they even pulled out a few of these types of close late games but you cant hide their true colors

I like that Ryan has some attitude and the guy does know Defense. Its in his blood. Swammi is probably right. You can have all the coaching knowledge you want but without the right players to impliment it goes for naught.

Nice win Gmen. You kept cool and did what it took to win a big game. Something Dallas just cant figure out. Monsters post just described being a boys fan to an absolute T. They will always have my support and I will never stop watching but watching them crumble late in big games year after year is just taxing . Pull it together already .Jeez..

Problem is they were completing passes to players in bracket coverages! Wide open. How many times did you see two even three guys in a triangle around the reciever.

The help was there but the coverage was not which is inexcusable. If Newman has help then he should be in the recievers pocket. Secondly they wwere not even in position to make a good hit either. If I no my blitz is going to get there which it was all night they had to be in better position for those lobs off Eli's back foot. But there was nicks and Cruz just fair catching the ball UN molested.

There was three plays in a row where Eli turned his back as he threw and the corners were no where to be found. At some point rob has to realize his corners can't hold up in man coverage so he has to go with a 5 or 6 man rush. Last night was pathetic. The d should be ashamed of themselves.

I thought this d was supposed to stop the run too but they let fat boy motor mouth run all over them.