[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how do you make this up to someone

frenzal rhomb

People who place expensive and/or irreplaceable decoratives out in the open and then invite guests into their home are really just asking for something bad to happen. I mean really, Murphy's law tells you those ornaments won't last very long. I don't leave my vintage guitars out in the open for a reason.

People who place expensive and/or irreplaceable decoratives out in the open and then invite guests into their home are really just asking for something bad to happen. I mean really, Murphy's law tells you those ornaments won't last very long. I don't leave my vintage guitars out in the open for a reason.
Oh good - it was their fault after all. Now I feel better

Typikal

I already apologized multiple times and they were cool about it. I mean, if it happened to me, I would be cool about and accept the apology. Like its been said, you have a party, sht happens and things get broken. I just feel really f in bad - Im gonna try to find some similar ornamnets but they cant replace whats broken.

I have a rule of one when it comes to apologies and certain other things.

One apology is enough. You want to pick up the tab at the lunch? One offer to split it. I'll make one offer to pick up the tab at the bar. You want to split it? Great. One offer to pay the brother in law who fixed a leaky pipe. I said it. I meant it. Done.

i'd be a bit leery about picking up another ornament without your friends' consent. If they accept it and put it up to be polite, every time they look at it they'll think about that dumbass who broke the treasured ornaments handed down since the time of great- great-grandma Burrey.

i'd be a bit leery about picking up another ornament without your friends' consent. If they accept it and put it up to be polite, every time they look at it they'll think about that dumbass who broke the treasured ornaments handed down since the time of great- great-grandma Burrey.

My thought too.

I'd have offered a sincere apology and to clean up the mess. Not sure why anything beyond that is necessary.

I think I'll just get them a nice bottle of something as a gesture - cant replace the ornaments so for the price of a good bottle of booze, they can opt to get new ones if they want

I think I'll just get them a nice bottle of something as a gesture - cant replace the ornaments so for the price of a good bottle of booze, they can opt to get new ones if they want

So what will you do when you accidentally drop the bottle of booze, shattering it and damaging the hardwood floors, made of timbers from their great great grandfathers original home in a village that no longer is there, beyond repairs?

You can't be serious.

I have a rule of one when it comes to apologies and certain other things.

One apology is enough. You want to pick up the tab at the lunch? One offer to split it. I'll make one offer to pick up the tab at the bar. You want to split it? Great. One offer to pay the brother in law who fixed a leaky pipe. I said it. I meant it. Done.

I agree with all of this, bolded part in particular.

I already apologized multiple times and they were cool about it. I mean, if it happened to me, I would be cool about and accept the apology. Like its been said, you have a party, sht happens and things get broken. I just feel really f in bad - Im gonna try to find some similar ornamnets but they cant replace whats broken.

You know...if you are serious about this, make it a multi-year effort. Don't just buy three ornaments...figure out what their theme was, or what they like, and make it a point that wherever you go, whatever trips you are on, to always make it a point to go looking for something unique for that tree. Do it next year, the year after, and so on...just let the answer of what to buy find you, instead of finding it.

My wife actually pointed out to me that my friends wifebacked into my car not once, but twice, and I didnt make a big fuss, just realized it was an accident and moved on. Hell, I didnt even think about it til now. So I'll try to do something nice, but realize they are likely sincere in their acceptance of my apology. Still feel bad though

You can't be serious.

Dead. I'm not saying I wouldn't apologize because I certainly would. And I'd probably bring a bottle of something at my next visit. I'm just saying, if you leave expensive stuff out during a party, that's on you, essentially for not knowing better. I mean if you haven't figured out that accidents happen.... often - especially when gatherings of people take place - and adjust your valuables accordingly, that's on you. JMHO.