[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowlers

Infinity

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part, the LB selections are pathetic. Von Miller was a no-brainer. Urlacher? meh. Tamba Hali? :wacko: Mathews gets in on name alone but I can name a handful that posted better numbers across the board for both AFC and NFC.

Some of the OL guys picked are also subject to ridicule.

Maybe Big John knows, but what is the percentage of players that get in with fan votes? You could go on there and vote as many times as you liked, so I have to believe that a couple of hundred New Yorkers got on the website and put Eli Manning in there a million times. Should have been Cam.

Maybe Big John knows, but what is the percentage of players that get in with fan votes? You could go on there and vote as many times as you liked, so I have to believe that a couple of hundred New Yorkers got on the website and put Eli Manning in there a million times. Should have been Cam.

1/3 fans

1/3 coaches

1.3 players

There are two other teams in NY. Not everyone likes Eli, not even all Giants fans do.

No Sean Lee? 4 INT's for a LB

:wacko:

I've still haven't seen any demonstrable evidence that any particular FB made a difference to any particular running back.

Blasphemy. Take 2 minutes out of your life and learn something. Hell watch the last 10 seconds, all you need to know...

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

They should have found a way to get Lynch in there. Much better numbers than Peterson and Forte.

Chancellor was deserving, but since the Hawks got Earl Thomas in there, I can see the omission. Red Bryant should be there. Browner is deserving, but nobody's heard of him and he gets penalized. THere aren't 5 better corners in the NFC though. Seahawks have like 5 guys that are alternates. They should have had more than one guy make the team. That defense was good enough to deserve more.

On a side-note, Seattle's secondary was effective with a bunch of never heard of reject 6' 3" and 6' 4" CBs and safeties (minus Earl Thomas) that more than made up for their make up speed with lengthiness and physicality. Not sure if this is a 1-year anomaly or if other teams start successfully mimicking the strategy.

One of the biggest omissions IMO is Marshawn Lynch. The kid had a great year and carried Seattle in the second half of the season. Also you have to consider that they had virtually no passing game and no real WR threat after Sidney went down at the half way point. Marshawn should have been there.

The only Steeler that I was disappointed about not making the Pro Bowl was Brett Keisel. He had a great year this year, but, unfortunately, as a DE in a 3-4 defense, the stats don't reflect how well he actually played. Harrison and Woodley played at Pro Bowl levels, but, both missed like 5 games, so, their omission makes sense.

I will be a Rivers apologist. Last year he had an in tact Oline while throwing to scrubs and no Gates most of the year. He put up 4k plus and low INTs. That was because he had time to throw.

This year, his "big three" WRs were rarely on the field together. When they were , they went on a three game tear that included a total dismantling of.the vaunted Ranen's D. This last game, VJax should not have been on the field and was a handicap as opposed to a help with his groin injury. It showed.

His online was literally starting guys right off the street, going beyond the "3 deep" cushion. I am amazed he survived the season, he got beaten up pretty badly a few times. Less time in the pocket and missing his WRs translated into picks. Despite this, he still threw for 4K plus and showed that with at least some protection and guys to throw to, he is still one of the best.

I think most reasonable people, especially the players and coaches, realized this and found his gutsy season and solid stats worthy of selection. The guy can't play defense for God's sake and most games were lost on that side of the ball.

Only four players (I believe) have throw for 4K yards in four seasons, and Rivers is one of them in a relatively still young career. I can see it. But then a again, I'm a Rivers fan as many of you know.

I will be a Rivers apologist. Last year he had an in tact Oline while throwing to scrubs and no Gates most of the year. He put up 4k plus and low INTs. That was because he had time to throw.

This year, his "big three" WRs were rarely on the field together. When they were , they went on a three game tear that included a total dismantling of.the vaunted Ranen's D. This last game, VJax should not have been on the field and was a handicap as opposed to a help with his groin injury. It showed.

His online was literally starting guys right off the street, going beyond the "3 deep" cushion. I am amazed he survived the season, he got beaten up pretty badly a few times. Less time in the pocket and missing his WRs translated into picks. Despite this, he still threw for 4K plus and showed that with at least some protection and guys to throw to, he is still one of the best.

I think most reasonable people, especially the players and coaches, realized this and found his gutsy season and solid stats worthy of selection. The guy can't play defense for God's sake and most games were lost on that side of the ball.

Only four players (I believe) have throw for 4K yards in four seasons, and Rivers is one of them in a relatively still young career. I can see it. But then a again, I'm a Rivers fan as many of you know.

No need to be an apologist. Despite the crappy season, Rivers is still one of the top QB's in the NFL. Haters will be haters.

Still waiting on the LB debate. I guess you guys are ok with the selections. And sorry Gil, Tillman is NOT a pro-bowler. Props to him but there were far better choices out there.

I don't know about "far better" choices out there...for one, stats don't exactly show what Tillman brings to that defense...but if you want to go on stats alone...he ranks 4th in the NFC (according to PFF) out of CBs that have played in 75% or more of their teams snaps

Carlos Rogers 13.4

Chris Gamble 10.6

Asante Samuel 9.2

Charles TIllman 4.4

of those 4, Tillman is also the only one to play in over 1000 snaps, far more tackles and has 24 "stops" those three above him combined have 36

If there is an issue with any of the CBs it should be Woodson, but his big plays and past history make him seem like a no brainer...when truth be told PFF has Tramon Williams rated higher than Woodson (which is also below Tillman).

As for the LBs, well I didn't even want to get into it.

As for the LBs, well I didn't even want to get into it.

Finally...somebody speaks my language. Tillman? really? You wouldn't want Brent Grimes or Chris Gamble?????

I'm still waiting for a Briggs backer to come on here. I'm sure me and you would destroy them with at LEAST 5-6 players that should have gotten the nod over him.