[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goodbye Jade

peepinmofo

Thanks everyone. Im just now getting around to checking this thread since posting, and seeing everyones replies gives me the chills. Someone even offered to paint a picture of her, and that meant a lot to me. I dont know that anyone truely realizes the strength of this community until they have something happen to them. I know when we put Leroy down (I wasnt there), the replies here were very kind. The ones here in this thread are exactly what one needs to help move on. I loved my little girl and will miss her so much. You all are very kind for saying all the nice things you have said.

Sorry Mofo never is easy... Had to put down 2 of my kids pets in the last 10 years. Besides the death of my mom 3 years ago these two moments were two of the hardest things I have had to deal with in my adult life :wacko:

Feel your pain bud hang in there and know your dog is no longer suffering... Best wishes!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Sorry Mofo never is easy... Had to put down 2 of my kids pets in the last 10 years. Besides the death of my mom 3 years ago these two moments were two of the hardest things I have had to deal with in my adult life :tup:

Feel your pain bud hang in there and know your dog is no longer suffering... Best wishes!

A bit of humor in a sad thread. I read your post and thought, "Well, jeez man, that's no way to talk to a dude who just lost his dog. Call him Mofo?" Then I was reminded of his screen name. :wacko:

So sorry to hear of your loss, peep....losing a pet is, bar none, one of the toughest things to go through.....likely because they are the only creatures you might ever come across that love you unconditionally. Losing that friend, and the comfort they provide, is punishing.

I had a thread a few years ago about losing a pet (I think you replied within it, and dreaded this day)...there were some amazing words of kindest and comfort within it. Not sure if it can be searched for (Big J?), but it might be a good read for you.

if you've never read this article by Bill Simmons, i highly recommend it. (Be prepared to cry though)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/090122

Oh man. :wacko:

I had to put down 2 dogs within 3 months of each other a couple of years ago. They had grown up together. There are still days when I can still feel them around. Weird.

if you've never read this article by Bill Simmons, i highly recommend it. (Be prepared to cry though)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/090122

Im at work now, but will read it later since others seem to have read it here and replied the way they did. I cried here already 2 times yesterday (my 1st day back).

Ugh... I miss her so much.

Thanks again all. Things are getting better, but there is definitely a void in the house.

Funny story though.. My wife told our almost 3yr old son that Jade went "up there" (she pointed to the sky). So Jake assumed she meant the roof, and now he says, "Is Jade gonna come off the roof?" I just chuckle and try to explain where she really went. We picked out a star for her, so at night time he always says good night to her.

We all miss her, but we miss the dog we had 2 years ago, not the recent one that was struggling every day. Thanks for all the support here. It really meant a lot to me.