[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo snubbed IMO

Cowboyz1

It's simple. I was laughing at the notion that beating the Giants on Sunday will be any major resume moment for Romo. To which, you and club responded that I'd find some reason to downplay it if he won the SB throwing for a ton of yards and TDs.

So, does that not mean that anyone who would not be hugely impressed by him getting passed an average Giants team must be incapable of being impressed at all?

noone's planning to crowm Slip if they win this week. Except maybe one huddler...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noone's planning to crowm Slip if they win this week. Except maybe one huddler...

I am hardly ready to Crown Romo for simply beating the Giants. I am saying it will be a very good start and if he makes a magical run this year this game will be the beginning of that run. Romo can't do it on his own as I said before he could play lights out and go for 4oo yards and 4 TDs with no pick but if the D gives up another 400+ and 4 TD's to Manning then he is going to get the blame for not being able to win a big game which will tear the poor guys heart out. That is exactly what has been happening all season. Romo puts the team in position to win or brings them back and the D lets the opponent come back and win it. NE was a perfect example. Romo does everything he could do but the D couldn't finish the deal.

Romo is has the BEST 4th quarter quarterback rating in the ENTIRE NFL and nobody wants to give him credit. Yes better then Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Manning. That is not easy to do you know. So why doesn't he have more victories in those games? Because the Team has to perform also. The D has to stop somebody when it counts.

Romo is "Clutch" but his loses seem to override peoples perceptions. Maybe rightly so in some cases but I have to say there are many more factors in the loses that had nothing to do with Romo.

Everybody blames Romo for the Jets loss but nobody even mentions that is was a blocked punt that allowed the Jets back in the game. He really shouldn't have been blamed solely for that lose what so ever. No excuse to have a blocked punt, and that was the play that was far more responcible for the loss and giving the Jets the "MO" to come back.

My whole argument is that Romo is far better then people give him credit for and I for one love the guy and the way he plays. I appreciate him because of his work ethic, his toughness and the "never give up" attitude he has. He works so hard and is so hard on himself when he does make a mistake. We are lucky to have the guy. He's been the best QB statistically we have ever had. Do you realize that. I mean come on guys, if he had a dominant defense or a consistant running game, Romo would have a sick winning percentage and we wouldn't be beating him up. He has picks this year. That's right 9. to 29 TD passes. Emmm that's not to shabby you know. Especially when you have only 3 rushing touchdowns and your starting WR for half the year and your second best WR injured for the first 6 games AND a rookie staring center, a Rookie right tackle AND a revolving door at left guard. I mean come on guys.

Fact is you can't say the guy isn't great when he has the best stats of ANY Cowboys QB in franchise history. That has got to count for something.

Fix the D next year and hold teams to 17.5 points a game and I promise you we win big and I mean BIG! No question in my mind about that. You can hate the Cowboys and my threads on things but when you put all the hate aside and look at Romo as an NFL QB, if your honest you have to admit the guy plays some great football period. I have no problem at all having his back and all other things being equal, I put his passing skills, elusiveness and accuracy against the best in the business. I just wish JJ would put a D together that could hold a lead.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I am hardly ready to Crown Romo for simply beating the Giants. I am saying it will be a very good start and if he makes a magical run this year this game will be the beginning of that run. Romo can't do it on his own as I said before he could play lights out and go for 4oo yards and 4 TDs with no pick but if the D gives up another 400+ and 4 TD's to Manning then he is going to get the blame for not being able to win a big game which will tear the poor guys heart out. That is exactly what has been happening all season. Romo puts the team in position to win or brings them back and the D lets the opponent come back and win it. NE was a perfect example. Romo does everything he could do but the D couldn't finish the deal.

Romo is has the BEST 4th quarter quarterback rating in the ENTIRE NFL and nobody wants to give him credit. Yes better then Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Manning. That is not easy to do you know. So why doesn't he have more victories in those games? Because the Team has to perform also. The D has to stop somebody when it counts.

Romo is "Clutch" but his loses seem to override peoples perceptions. Maybe rightly so in some cases but I have to say there are many more factors in the loses that had nothing to do with Romo.

Everybody blames Romo for the Jets loss but nobody even mentions that is was a blocked punt that allowed the Jets back in the game. He really shouldn't have been blamed solely for that lose what so ever. No excuse to have a blocked punt, and that was the play that was far more responcible for the loss and giving the Jets the "MO" to come back.

My whole argument is that Romo is far better then people give him credit for and I for one love the guy and the way he plays. I appreciate him because of his work ethic, his toughness and the "never give up" attitude he has. He works so hard and is so hard on himself when he does make a mistake. We are lucky to have the guy. He's been the best QB statistically we have ever had. Do you realize that. I mean come on guys, if he had a dominant defense or a consistant running game, Romo would have a sick winning percentage and we wouldn't be beating him up. He has picks this year. That's right 9. to 29 TD passes. Emmm that's not to shabby you know. Especially when you have only 3 rushing touchdowns and your starting WR for half the year and your second best WR injured for the first 6 games AND a rookie staring center, a Rookie right tackle AND a revolving door at left guard. I mean come on guys.

Fact is you can't say the guy isn't great when he has the best stats of ANY Cowboys QB in franchise history. That has got to count for something.

Fix the D next year and hold teams to 17.5 points a game and I promise you we win big and I mean BIG! No question in my mind about that. You can hate the Cowboys and my threads on things but when you put all the hate aside and look at Romo as an NFL QB, if your honest you have to admit the guy plays some great football period. I have no problem at all having his back and all other things being equal, I put his passing skills, elusiveness and accuracy against the best in the business. I just wish JJ would put a D together that could hold a lead.

Don't go changin...

NE was a perfect example. Romo does everything he could do but the D couldn't finish the deal.

So, scoring 16 pts against one of the worst Ds in the league is "doing everything he could", but being the team that broke NE's streak of scoring 30+ pts in a game is not "finishing the deal"?

Only KC scored less against NE this year.

Only Pitt held NE to less points

And as far as overblowing your statements about what today's game meant to Romo, did you not refer to this game as "one where legends and laughingstocks are made'?

Edited by detlef

So, scoring 16 pts against one of the worst Ds in the league is "doing everything he could", but being the team that broke NE's streak of scoring 30+ pts in a game is not "finishing the deal"?

And as far as overblowing your statements about what today's game meant to Romo, did you not refer to this game as "one where legends and laughingstocks are made'?

pwned :wacko:

Perhaps the legend will be the laughingstocks. Legendary laughingstock, I like that.

I think Stafford let out his frustration today over the disrespect he got from the league and fans, and showed us all why this thread should titled " Stafford got snubbed"

520 and 5 td's :wacko:

Why would you say that...do you think a QB who goes for over 5000 yards and 41 TD's against only 16 ints. should have made the pro bowl over Romo and Eli...no way... :tup:

It was settled on the field today. Manning was better, he had more time but he was better. Not sure how good Manning was vs. How bad our defense was, but none the less he got it done.

As for the girl that guy was talking to with food in his teeth, she said she was going to the bathroom and never came back............... :wacko:

In the introductory photos shown at the beginning of the game Romo was shown wearing a baseball cap backwards. This was always a stupid look, for anybody. For the 31 year old leader of a billion dollar sport franchise it is doubly so.

Romo is now closer to the end of his career than the beginning. This is the point were questions start to arise and doubts start to creep in for even ardent supporters.

I always liked Romo. He seems like an enthusiastic, likeable sort.

In the introductory photos shown at the beginning of the game Romo was shown wearing a baseball cap backwards. This was always a stupid look, for anybody. For the 31 year old leader of a billion dollar sport franchise it is doubly so.

Romo is now closer to the end of his career than the beginning. This is the point were questions start to arise and doubts start to creep in for even ardent supporters.

I always liked Romo. He seems like an enthusiastic, likeable sort.

I think the Cowboys have much bigger problems to address than Romo. He isnt perfect by any means but he had a pretty gutsy year . I know he had some typical Romo moments this year but Dallas D is what sunk us. The secondary is dreadful

I think the Cowboys have much bigger problems to address than Romo. He isnt perfect by any means but he had a pretty gutsy year . I know he had some typical Romo moments this year but Dallas D is what sunk us. The secondary is dreadful

Dallas is a really talented team. Their secondary needs help and their O-Line needs help, but otherwise they have a lot of skill talent and a pretty good front seven on D. Those problems should be fixable.

I agree that Romo is not the problem. I mention him only because he is the subject of this thread. I think he is a very good Q.B. capable of taking a franchise to the promised land. No, the problem with the Cowboys is not Romo. The problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. Any other deficiencies are the results of his decisions.

You know what Dallas' biggest issue is JERRY JONES. Done.

Say what you will, but when your owner wants a puppet coach this is what you get. Soft players. Players who come up small in big spots. Let's just keep adding talent no matter the mental makeup and we'll be good.

Why did it work early in his ownership? Because he had a rock head coach in Jimmy. Those players then carried over for 1 more SB with Switzer. Since then their best time happened under...SHOCKER...Parcells. A rock HC. Where do a lot of their best players come from now...Parcells picks.

Jerry is the Cowboys biggest issue and it isn't even close. Until he realizes that I don't think the Cowboys will ever get better. Here is the bottom line...1 playoff win is like 15 years or something. THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE. Don't give me the Cowboy spin BS...that is the fact.

Untill Jerry gets a real strong HC, and keeps his a** up in the press box all game every game, AND keeps his mouth shut EVERY WEEK and doesn't always have his face in the camera, the Cowboys will not win.

And don't give me the he is the GM BS. Do you see the Giants GM a lot? The Jets GM a lot. Pretty much any other teams GM's a lot...NO.

So he is your biggest issue...PERIOD.

I agree, actually. Part of the problem was undoubtedly that the game was squarely in his hands far too often. Like you said, this game was not going to be lost because of him and it certainly wasn't. He may or may not be one of those guys who can't quite finish the deal in terms of winning a SB, but he's not the primary reason why they don't even get that far.

The Cowboys have been all sizzle and no steak for some time now and that absolutely preceded Romo.

It's Jerry, and as a "hater" I hope he never fires himself.

I agree, actually. Part of the problem was undoubtedly that the game was squarely in his hands far too often. Like you said, this game was not going to be lost because of him and it certainly wasn't. He may or may not be one of those guys who can't quite finish the deal in terms of winning a SB, but he's not the primary reason why they don't even get that far.

The Cowboys have been all sizzle and no steak for some time now and that absolutely preceded Romo.

It's Jerry, and as a "hater" I hope he never fires himself.

The Cowboy's biggest problem is that Mike Lynn left the league years ago. Without Lynn gifting the Cowboys enough draft choices to stock several championship teams Jones likely would have never tasted success. What have the Cowboys done in the last two decades but take advantage of one extraordinary fool to gain 3 champioships. Since then, nearly a generation now, they have been more or less irrelevant though they act as if their success was recent.

The Cowboys need an accurate self assessment before they return to prominence. The 49ers did so, the Cowboys should follow suit.

What, you don't think that the captain of the ship should look like a ruh-tard?

He looks like such a doofus, somebody is going to give him the nickname "slip."

What, you don't think that the captain of the ship should look like a ruh-tard?

He looks like such a doofus, somebody is going to give him the nickname "slip."

Ahem