[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo snubbed IMO

Cowboyz1

The Niners were 3-1 each vs the two other divisions that they played including the AFC North who may send 3 teams to the play-offs. So, yes, if they amassed a good record entirely on the strength of beating up on the NFC West, I'd get your point. But they didn't.

You are making a big deal about the fact that if Dallas beats the Giants they are beating a mediocre team and that would be the win that gets them in the playoffs. My point to you is, as in their glory years, the niners had a cakewalk division and pretty easy road to the playoffs

Sep 11 Seattle Won 33-17 Seattle sub .500

Sep 18 Dallas Lost 24-27 OT suck it :wacko:

Sep 25 @Cincinnati Won 13-8 9-6

Oct 2 @Philadelphia Won 24-23 Philly sub .500

Oct 9 Tampa Bay Won 48-3 TB Sub .500

Oct 16 @Detroit Won 25-19 Det Det 10-5

Week 7 BYE

Oct 30 Cleveland Won 20-10 Clev sub .500

Nov 6 @Washington Won 19-11 Wash sub .500

Nov 13 N.Y. Giants Won 27-20 Giants 8-7

Nov 20 Arizona Won 23-7 Ari sub .500

Nov 24 @Baltimore Lost 6-16 reality check

Dec 4 St. Louis Won 26-0 St Louis sub .500

Dec 11 @Arizona Lost 19-21 loss

Dec 19 Pittsburgh Won 20-3 beat watered down Pitt

Dec 24 @Seattle Won 19-17 Seatlle sub .500

Jan 1 @St. Louis 1:00 pm

All times are Eastern

4 wins vs teams better than .500. One of which is the Giants which doesnt really count because as you say beating them means nothing. Its a pretty nice schedule to look good against

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are making a big deal about the fact that if Dallas beats the Giants they are beating a mediocre team and that would be the win that gets them in the playoffs. My point to you is, as in their glory years, the niners had a cakewalk division and pretty easy road to the playoffs

Week 7 BYE

All times are Eastern

4 wins vs teams better than .500. One of which is the Giants which doesnt really count because as you say beating them means nothing. Its a pretty nice schedule to look good against

How many wins do the Cowboys have against teams with a better than .500 record? How have they fared against common opponents?

Week 7 BYE

All times are Eastern

Not so sure why you insist upon making this about the Niners, because I haven't made a big deal about them running the gauntlet or such. I've mentioned that I was annoyed when guys were saying "they've got a good record but they play in the NFC West" at mid season when they'd only played one division game. I've posted, "don't look now, but the Niners are (whatever)-1". Things like that. But can you imagine what Cowboyz1 would be saying if the Cowboys were 12-3 right now? We'd be debating where they stood in history.

But this whole sidetrack is all about me taking exception with someone saying that Romo stepping up and beating the Giants will be some feather in his cap. I mean, obviously it's better to win your division than miss out on the play-offs. But the fact remains, if you beat the Giants this week, you're beating a pretty average team that is pretty friendly to any QB worth a damned. Not exactly a resume moment for a guy who apparently should have been in the Pro-bowl.

I recall when Aaron Rodgers was looking for signature moments to establish his cred with haters. I don't recall folks arguing that if he could only beat a mediocre team to just get to the playoffs that such a moment would be that accomplishment.

I remember when P. Manning was still a superbowl short on his resume. He had to bear the choker label until that was rectified.

Folks continue to rail on Cutler, Vick, and Rivers for their lack of achievement.

Why would the bar be set so low then for Romo that all he needs for his bona fides is to get a win against the Giants?

In the end, no matter. It will be an interesting game. I do not believe the game has the potential to make reputations. I do believe it has the potential to adversely effect careers and reputations. That is not fair, maybe, but it is how I perceive the situation.

Romo has not accomplished anything of note. He is best known for dating some famous person and for being a choke artist.

It is not possible to snub him.

In fairness to Romo Jessica Simpson was very hot when he was with her, and Carrie Underwood is a fabulous little spinner no matter how you slice it. A solid resume` in my mind though i am not a fan of the blonds.

I recall when Aaron Rodgers was looking for signature moments to establish his cred with haters. I don't recall folks arguing that if he could only beat a mediocre team to just get to the playoffs that such a moment would be that accomplishment.

I remember when P. Manning was still a superbowl short on his resume. He had to bear the choker label until that was rectified.

Folks continue to rail on Cutler, Vick, and Rivers for their lack of achievement.

Why would the bar be set so low then for Romo that all he needs for his bona fides is to get a win against the Giants?

In the end, no matter. It will be an interesting game. I do not believe the game has the potential to make reputations. I do believe it has the potential to adversely effect careers and reputations. That is not fair, maybe, but it is how I perceive the situation.

well said

Not so sure why you insist upon making this about the Niners, because I haven't made a big deal about them running the gauntlet or such. I've mentioned that I was annoyed when guys were saying "they've got a good record but they play in the NFC West" at mid season when they'd only played one division game. I've posted, "don't look now, but the Niners are (whatever)-1". Things like that. But can you imagine what Cowboyz1 would be saying if the Cowboys were 12-3 right now? We'd be debating where they stood in history.

But this whole sidetrack is all about me taking exception with someone saying that Romo stepping up and beating the Giants will be some feather in his cap. I mean, obviously it's better to win your division than miss out on the play-offs. But the fact remains, if you beat the Giants this week, you're beating a pretty average team that is pretty friendly to any QB worth a damned. Not exactly a resume moment for a guy who apparently should have been in the Pro-bowl.

If any argument on these boards is going to be put on the premise of how Cowboyz1 would react to it then level headed Cowboys discussion is gone :wacko: . He is the unofficial voice of the Cowboys on here I suppose due to volume of posts and bulletin board material but a majority of Boys fans dont share his endless optimism and approach the Boys with tempered expectations of a team that has great weapons on O, no D and a propensity to let wins become losses late in games, usually in bizarre and choking fashion .

Also, he is the reason why Parcells quit coaching.

That's a good thing.

Why would the bar for Romo be so high that a division win, on the road, with an injured throwing hand, in the final game of the season, to wrap up a home playoff game, with a rebuilding offensive line, no defense and a second string RB made of glass carrying the load not be a feather in his cap?

That's a good thing.

Why would the bar for Romo be so high that a division win, on the road, with an injured throwing hand, in the final game of the season, to wrap up a home playoff game, with a rebuilding offensive line, no defense and a second string RB made of glass carrying the load not be a feather in his cap?

It is a feather in his cap. But like DW pointed out, people were dogging Manning for years because he couldn't win a SB. Now all Romo has to do is beat an average football team with a horrible pass defense.

It's simple really. If Romo ever wins a Super Bowl, which is probably unlikely ( they're not easy to get to and win ya know), the haters will still not give him any credit. I firmly believe that he could play in the SB this year or whatever year and throw for 350 and 4 and the haters here would have reasons why Dallas won in spite of him. :wacko:

No worries...

It's simple really. If Romo ever wins a Super Bowl, which is probably unlikely ( they're not easy to get to and win ya know), the haters will still not give him any credit. I firmly believe that he could play in the SB this year or whatever year and throw for 350 and 4 and the haters here would have reasons why Dallas won in spite of him. :wacko:

No worries...

:tup:

Imagine what det would say if Romo beat the Saints, Pats or Packers on this road this weekend to make the playoffs. Those teams have really bad pass defenses.

I agree, and as a Giant fan I think it is a joke. At some point you have to do SOMETHING else to be considered untouchable. The free pass Coughlin and especially Eli get in NY is over the top. All these years and ZERO playoff wins except for 1 magical run.

If they lose Sunday 3 straight non-playoff seasons and Coughlin BETTER be gone, and Eli better be on the hot seat.

Holy crap, if Schwartz and Stafford pulled off a miracle like the Giants did in 2007, I think they'd get a free pass for the rest of their careers here in Detroit. You won't find a fan base hungrier for a Super Bowl than Detroit's.

It is a feather in his cap. But like DW pointed out, people were dogging Manning for years because he couldn't win a SB. Now all Romo has to do is beat an average football team with a horrible pass defense.

What he needs to do is simply show that he has some intestinal fortitude in a crucial spot. Simply show up and execute, play within himself and not make colossal blunders that cost his team the game. It is possible that the defense or a Felix Jones fumble loses this game for Dallas, or that the Giants simply make more plays. In that case it should not be seen as a referendum on Romo (though plenty of ignoramuses will say so anyway).

Romo has earned his reputation and he has an opportunity to shake it simply by not crapping himself Sunday night. The level of opponent is immaterial IMO. The bar is set low not because it's the Giants but because Romo has been a trainwreck in these situations.

You got a lot of possums around here?

Well, TBH, I'm deathly afraid of them. If I see them roadkill, I quiver. I have a story to tell you about Possums on set, but I'll .....oh what the hell. I have no pride in this forum anyway.

I was working on a TV show called "Faithful Friends" in the beginning of my career. The show was sponsored by an on-line pet supplier so the focus of the show was they were selling. We did segments on dogs (Had Michael Vicks ex den mother on the show) and horses..ya know...pets. On one episode (I believe it was season 2) we had that Australian animal dude on the show. I was walking by him and said something in the lines of "As long as we don't have any possums on the show I'm good". He chuckled and that was that. The next day, he walks up to me and smiles. "Guess what" he says. "What"...."we have possums on the show today". I went white and chuckled. Shrugging it off to a guy that was giving me a hard time. 5 minutes later we are rolling and I'm requested to come onto set to make a lighting change. That mother fracker had a possum in a cage and pulled it out and was petting it like a cat. The second I saw the possum, I screamed like a little girl and ran off set.

No worries...

:tup:

Imagine what det would say if Romo beat the Saints, Pats or Packers on this road this weekend to make the playoffs. Those teams have really bad pass defenses.

Guys, you're making it sound like Romo has done nothing to deserve any of the crap he gets. But seriously, the Cowboys haven't done dick for some time, sometimes it's Romo's fault, sometimes it's not. But that doesn't change the fact that we're being asked to lower our expectations of what it means to be a great QB to fit Romo. Case in point, apparently anyone not prepared to forget the past if Romo manages to lead his team past the 8-7 Giants this week is a "hater".

You guys were the same way when you finally broke the 10+ year play-off win drought. "See, take it all back! We won a play-off game! All you haters can just suck it!"

And let's make one thing clear. This thread was not started by someone looking to take shots at Romo. This was started by someone whining that he got snubbed and then going on to imply that nutting up and beating a mediocre Giants team should amount to much in his legacy.

What he needs to do is simply show that he has some intestinal fortitude in a crucial spot. Simply show up and execute, play within himself and not make colossal blunders that cost his team the game. It is possible that the defense or a Felix Jones fumble loses this game for Dallas, or that the Giants simply make more plays. In that case it should not be seen as a referendum on Romo (though plenty of ignoramuses will say so anyway).

Romo has earned his reputation and he has an opportunity to shake it simply by not crapping himself Sunday night. The level of opponent is immaterial IMO. The bar is set low not because it's the Giants but because Romo has been a trainwreck in these situations.

Oh, and this.

It would be winning the division on the road against a division rival. Nobody is saying it books his road to canton . As a Cowboys fan , I want to win so we get in the playoffs. I dont really care what it does to Romos reputation.