[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goddell given 5-year extension

Big John

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are saying that with the "status quo" they wouldn't be able to afford "the many costs of financing, building, maintaining and operating stadiums"

Dunno why they even mentioned that. With few exceptions, it's Joe Public that foots the bill for the NFL's gin palaces.

He oversees a wildly successful gigantic business. I have no issues at all with his income. There are several movie stars as an example that make that kind of coin per movie.

It is a lot of money but the market is what it is.

Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis

Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis

Jealous 'cause I'm out getting mine

Shay with a gauge and Vanilla with a nine

The NFL is an unincorporated 501©(6) association,[2][3][4] a federal nonprofit designation,[5] comprising its 32 teams.[6][7]

Interesting.

I assume you got that from Wikipedia or the NFL's Facebook page (the first two places that showed up when I searched for that text).

But I still don't think it should affect what their commissioner is paid, nor do I think it makes him a public servant as somebody said earlier. He's the head of a large mone making venture (the NFL comprised of 32 teams, not the 501C non-profit), and is compensated according to the owners perception of his value.

The NFL is an unincorporated 501©(6) association,[2][3][4] a federal nonprofit designation,[5] comprising its 32 teams.[6][7]

If the NFL is officially a non-profit, then the accountants and lawyers who figured that one out deserve a fat check as well.

If the NFL is officially a non-profit, then the accountants and lawyers who figured that one out deserve a fat check as well.

Isn't that non-profit thing a byproduct of their anti-trust status?

ETA: It may apply to the NFL but not to it's 32 component parts.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Isn't that non-profit thing a byproduct of their anti-trust status?

Yes. And a company being listed as a non-profit does not mean that they are publicly owned or that their employees are public servants (ie - employees of the government). It does mean that all profits generated by the entity are distributed to ownership members rather than being accumulated by the entity itself. Lots of confusion in this thread.

Yes. And a company being listed as a non-profit does not mean that they are publicly owned or that their employees are public servants (ie - employees of the government). It does mean that all profits generated by the entity are distributed to ownership members rather than being accumulated by the entity itself. Lots of confusion in this thread.

thanks for clearing that up

Anything over $17, 329, 087 per year seems excessive to me. I do think, however, that he should be able to get a free jersey for each of his 50 favorite players each year, and should get free hot dogs at any stadium in the league.

I also think that for his salary he could announce each and every draft pick during the draft.

Finally, I think when he has hearing with players over fine amounts that they should broadcast the whole thing. I think he should sit behind a bench and wear a robe and a powdered wig. Players should have to represent themselves. Their agents could be present, but would have to be gagged and restrained.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Players should have to represwent themselves. Their agents could be present, but would have to be gagged and restrained.

:wacko:

I woulod pay extra on my broadcast bill to get a show like this. Watching the players run their mouths in front of Goodell while the agents, unable to say or do anything, have their heads growing in pressure to the point of exploding on the spot - watching their clients dig themselves deeper and deeper into holes.

I woulod pay extra on my broadcast bill to get a show like this. Watching the players run their mouths in front of Goodell while the agents, unable to say or do anything, have their heads growing in pressure to the point of exploding on the spot - watching their clients dig themselves deeper and deeper into holes.

Goodell's holes?

Anything over $17, 329, 087 per year seems excessive to me. I do think, however, that he should be able to get a free jersey for each of his 50 favorite players each year, and should get free hot dogs at any stadium in the league.

I also think that for his salary he could announce each and every draft pick during the draft.

Finally, I think when he has hearing with players over fine amounts that they should broadcast the whole thing. I think he should sit behind a bench and wear a robe and a powdered wig. Players should have to represent themselves. Their agents could be present, but would have to be gagged and restrained.

:wacko: Outstanding!

Post of the year!

Finally, I think when he has hearing with players over fine amounts that they should broadcast the whole thing.

Back in my day, the Navy implemented Captain's Mast via video. We were actually encouraged to watch the proceedings. It sure made for some interesting scuttlebutt and was a very effective deterrent of future UCMJ of the same nature.

Do we also get to watch players v owners in an Oklahoma drill? I mean, if we're going to do this...