[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where would you like to retire

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see any reason to ever leave Montana.

Prolly my favorite state, wouldn't mind retiring there. Although WA state has plenty to offer and one of the reasons I moved back here from Wyoming.

Wouldn't mind having a place in Montana, WA state, and then somewhere like Arizona for late winter/early spring (before it becomes godforsaken and unbearable).

have you ever been to glendive? While i like the badlands living in that heat should and will kill anyone.

Get out there on a regular basis. Paddlefish, walleye, catfish, and smallies in the river. Bruiser whitetail running up and down the river and surrounding creek bottoms. Monster mule deer and turkeys in the hills. Upland birds everywhere. Don't know how it could be better.

Besides, it's a dry heat . . .

• 3 weeks later...
I'll report back the second week in March - leaving for the Rich Coast on Monday.

Cool, are you staying in any particular area or moving around? The country is insanely beautiful and the people are great as well. Wife and I honeymooned there and we plan to go back at least once, probably on an anniversary.

Cool, are you staying in any particular area or moving around? The country is insanely beautiful and the people are great as well. Wife and I honeymooned there and we plan to go back at least once, probably on an anniversary.

You staying at an all-inclusive? My wife and I are doing some research for a place to go for our 10 anniversary in a couple of years. Costa Rica is at the top of my list.

Four-location ten day tour covering the entire northern half of the country. Volcanoes, river cruises, beaches, suspension bridges, short hikes, air forest, rain forest, hot springs, pretty much everything we can jam into ten days (the first and last of which are mostly traveling in and out of CR. Everything covered in the cost, including tips except to the tour guide and driver. Obviously we'll need to fork over for private side trips and drinks.

This will be the first time we've been on a "tour" kind of vacation but we figured it would offer more and better value plus it has a lot of time to oneself as well as sightseeing. We don't like single-location vacations and we like to be very active, cramming in as much as possible. This seems like a good balance and comes very highly recommended as well as being a bargain.

Four-location ten day tour covering the entire northern half of the country. Volcanoes, river cruises, beaches, suspension bridges, short hikes, air forest, rain forest, hot springs, pretty much everything we can jam into ten days (the first and last of which are mostly traveling in and out of CR. Everything covered in the cost, including tips except to the tour guide and driver. Obviously we'll need to fork over for private side trips and drinks.

This will be the first time we've been on a "tour" kind of vacation but we figured it would offer more and better value plus it has a lot of time to oneself as well as sightseeing. We don't like single-location vacations and we like to be very active, cramming in as much as possible. This seems like a good balance and comes very highly recommended as well as being a bargain.

If this is a Caravan Tour you will not be disappointed.

dont you have to get out of there for a few days every couple of months?

The owner of the resort where we stayed said if you buy property down there, you can stay as long as you want. Don't remember what he said about the actual status they give you, permanent resident or whatever. He also disclosed that he was a tax cheat and would be arrested if he ever set foot in the US again. :wacko:

There is a Athenaload of American expats living down there.

Ideally southern california...specifically Santa Monica on the strand or Manhattan/Hermosa/Redondo Beach

I could see an argument for being up north in San Fran/Sonoma/Mendocino area as well.

I just know I won't retire here in New England, too much snow to shovel when I'm old